Moving from US to EU - Need Help/Info :)

R

Rafe_BM

heya all.

I had daoc imported 2 years ago when it was US, and didn't really bother buying the UK one since I already had US. after a long time of playing up all night, I'm sick of having to stay up till 5am JUST to get some decent RvR and be on with friends - since I'm from scotland the fact I can logon at 8pm and get some rvr in is the main reason I'm changing.

I've had 50's > RR5 in every realm, (RR7L5 SB, RR6L3 Ranger, RR5L9 Mercfil), so I'm honestly not sure which realm to choose ..

What's the RvR like on Excalibur? are there alot of gank groups, or is it full scale zerglets :p

I think the fact that EU gets the patches later is a very good thing, time to prepare for changes (or to leech asmuch RP's as you can before your class is nerfed!)

anyway, any advise would be great - also note, I am totally RvR orientated, its all I play the game for (and I only PvE to get better in RvR with drops etc)

peace! :D

R

rure_

clueless random alb groups (only good alb groups is GGs, with a few exception)
strong savage groups
hibs once in a while. most of them are very good.

strong zergage from time to time.

an army of zombie clerics at atk :p

I

infozwerg

much whine from hibs and albs about overpowered mids.

much whine from mids about zerg.

the most incompetent company you can imagine runs the server.

id stay on us.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by infozwerg
much whine from hibs and albs about overpowered mids.

much whine from mids about zerg.

the most incompetent company you can imagine runs the server.

id stay on us.
+ everyone has the tendancy to run in 3fgs after being overrun by 2fgs :|

H

herjulf

Much stealthzergs i would say 50% rvr stealth population is alb 30% mid the rest hib.
Stealthzerg is more rule then exception atm.

the zerging isnt as bad as it used to be, more gankgrpage atm.
However albs @ AMG tend to zerg up if killed 2-3times in a row.
Then theyll zerg a couple of hours til they get bored.
Then zerg odins then its back to normal again.

Some ppl have developed quite a good grp:age skill, atm FC(alb)and NP(mid) and also kinda VGN(hib) is vell known for this, HIB has overall best skills in grps, dunno why but overall hib is good at doing their jobs in grps.
Alb´s greatest strenght is numbers.
Mids brute force.

Alot of ppl have left US for EU so u wouldnt be the first.
U will miss /appeal command and stuff like that, but overall it is ok.

H

Hrogar

RvR is lovely nowadays (well most of the time anyway). Some zerg and some stick to elitegroups, who usually beat the crap out of any enemyforce containing less than five times their numbers (read: NP, LA etc). Most action is in Emain (which is the case on most servers if I'm correctly informed) but there's action to be found in all frontiers one time or another.
Populationwise Albion is much bigger than both Midgard and Hibernia, although not as big as it used to be (there were as many albs as mids and hibs put together a while ago). Also the alliancesituation seems a bit messed up in alb, at least when I last sat my foot in Hadrian's. Dunno bout hibs, but it seems to be working well enough, and in Mid it's just two main alliances with close connections so it's very good communication there.
All and all I'd recommend Mid, but hey, I'm partial so don't listen to me too much :p

Good luck mate!

K

kameh

if you can stand the overload of greeness, unfinished firbolg model (come on you saying it's not?) and a real challenge come and play hib. We're outnumbered and an experienced player would be most welcome!! :)

F

- Fedaykin -

join alb and roll a cleric imo tbh fyi wtfpwn

J

JoxerTheMighty

Well, I think it comes down whether you wanna be a small fish in a big pond or a large fish in a small pond :)

N

-Nuked-

everyone whines about savages (even some in midgard who arnt 1.) over powered and they are unbalancing it so they will get nerfed so dont roll as 1. (which ofc is clearly shown by how many savages there are in comparison too warriors or thanes etc - even zerkers)

hibernia im told by anyone who has played alb or mid has the best atmosphere, and we are clearly most skilled in RvR :eek: (lowest population but count the RR10s)

albion dont zerg as much as they once did, many RR1 guys to farm as they run in packs of 4fgs. also a little unbalanced with a few 2 many wizards!

(yes im a hib) i would say hibernia is the best realm to join if u want a challenge (out numbered) but at the same time you have more chance of a good solid balanced group of ppl who follow orders.

if your part of midgard your gana need 2 roll a healr shammy or savage or your not gana get a group

albion, you will get a group easy, that doesnt mean it will be balanced :p

S

[SC]Tzikas[Mid]

Screw Excal, come play on Prydwen, where Hib is underpopulated, Alb is zerging, and Mid is elite groups consisting of 3 healers, 1 shaman, 3 savages & 1 skald. Oh wait, thats exactly like excal, nvm me ...

M

m4rk

DON'T BOTHER i'll say it again DON'T BOTHER stay US :/

G

Gargo-

Id advise you to stay playin the US servers aswell :p
Just moved to those servers myself. These servers aint fun no more. Everyone takes life too seriously, whines, zergs and flames :p Oh and did I forget to mention GOA's incompetance.:D

F

Falcon

Just moved US too, it's far superior to the euro version.

Z

zelur

I believe that the US servers are way better. I want to move there, but ive spent so much time on my chars here.

If you are moving to excalibur, join Midgard or Hibernia ofc.

T

tildson

What server Xest?

try MLF, zergy sometimes but many europeans and asians during the day.

N

Nichneven

Hey! I'm an American playing on Excal, and I think it's a great server! Come on down and stab your local tiny kobold shaman! :clap:

Nich

edit: btw I didn't want to add problems about zerging, flaming, whining, etc. I moved to the UK recently to get married, but I don't like the American servers... they whine much more there. :) Good luck!

O

osy

Originally posted by Nichneven
Hey! I'm an American playing on Excal, and I think it's a great server! Come on down and stab your local tiny kobold shaman! :clap:

Nich

Despite Nich's enthusiasm, I too recommend sticking with US servers.

Ps: long time Nich ;)

S

succi

Playing on MLF also , US servers way more fun / laid back.

N

Nichneven

Originally posted by old.Osy
long time Nich ;)

yeah honey! How are you? =)

btw, you can play the best of both worlds. Shrouded ISles/daoc bundle is super cheap in both US and EU.
:clap:

R

Ramshir

Lots of Albs whining about Mids being overpowered and zergers.
Lots of Mids whining about Albs being overpowered and zergers.
Lots of Mids and Albs claiming that the other side is full of shit for saying that.

A lot of zerging in general from all realms. It's a MMORPG. I have this feeling that's how it's meant to be. :) However, at least on Prydwen you can have some non-zerg RvR fun at the right hours. I seriously doubt the zerging could be any worse than on US servers based on what I've heard. Who knows tho.

Lots of Mids, Albs and Hibs who've months of online time stacked up and are getting bored of the game, however they do not see this as a natural human reaction but blame the community, GOA and game balance/changes. These people often feel that the grass must be greener on the other side (there's a whole SAYING on the grass/green/otherside thing, but people still don't get it), so they are here now telling you to stay on US servers.

I'm not trying to flame anyone here. The point I'm trying to make is that this is how MMORPG communities are and always have been. People get tired of the game and blame it on anything in sight.

You asked which realm to choose, so I'll give my personal viewpoint. Don't think about the realm, think about the class you want to play and choose the realm accordingly. I've had fun in all 3 realms. The underpopulation of Hibernia on Prydwen is noteworthy fact though.

In your case I'd definately say it's worth changing over for the better playing times. And meeting new people is always fun. :)

A

Anu

Firby's Make teh best pie..

^^ Best reason to play Hibs IMO ^^

O

oblivion_6

here m8 look up ma guild online and tell em obli sent ya

would be nice to have another scot in the guild :)

someone who can relate to my luv of buckfast and river city :p

S

shadybrack

no more scots!!! oblimov is enough, and hes a void too! :p

O

oblivion_6

shut it ya east coast chuukter

yer probably called torquil or angus :p

D

Demolay

Oh and already a bloke called Rafe in Hib Excal if that's gonna put u off lol

O

old.Tohtori

I have only one opinion on all this:

All the same where you play, what realm you play, what class you play, what guild you play, if you solo or group, KT or PL, exphunt or roleplay as long as...you..have...fun.

*nods*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom