Movies - Will the bad guys EVER win ?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I was watching Sleeper Cell last night on TV. I quite enjoyed it. But once again it got me back to thinking - will they ever make a movie / tv series where the bad guys win ?

Or does everything have to end on a positive spirit ?

Just for once, why can't they make the next antichrist type film (stuff like the Prophecy or Constantine) where Satan / the Antichrist actually gets through and starts causing insane chaos on earth ?

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
oh, id watch it, Layer Cake isnt a happy ending iirc

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Armageddon semi-wasnt.

Jack and Jill, the rhyme should end badly too. Jack should get impaled on a sharp twig as he falls down the hill or sommet.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water
Jill Bent down
and Jack fucked her up the ass all day

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Bugz said:
Armageddon semi-wasnt.

well, the "bad-guy" in this case, the comet, didnt hit so it was a good ending really.

Anyone seen Casshern? that dosent have the happiest ending ever, mostly involves his bird dying, him killing his father or some such. Havnt seen it for ages though.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Bad guy won in Jeepers Creepers. That was the only good thing about that film though Oo

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Man on Fire had a bad guy wins ending aswell.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Easy Rider.

Bad guys win that and make me angry and make me cry :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Star wars got a few.

But the good guys come back at the next film.

Oh and independence day.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Sum of All Fears - 200,000 ppl die in a nuclear explosion in Denver

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Amildin said:
oh, id watch it, Layer Cake isnt a happy ending iirc

That's funny I just watched that.

Awsome movie :) Love the ending I kinda though "doh should have seen that coming"

And yes agree with topicstarter I get kinda fed up with movies in which the good guys always end up winning ... and the bad guys always feel like they have to lay out the entire plot to the good guys because "they are as good as dead now any way". Then the bad guy leaves the scene to let his lackey or sharks with lasers finish the good guys off... and ... they never do :(

If I was a bad guy in a movie I'd get hold of a gun. Go to the good guys house in the first scene and blow their brains out when they're sleeping.

I mean it's obvious they're the good guys their heads were on all the billboards etc but by now in the movie they won't know of my brilliant plan yet to use chocolate cookies to conquer the moon!

And not having to buy any sharks with lasers means I'll have plenty of budget left for a nice retirement after quickly completing my plan. Short movie, people can go home to their kids early, maybe have a chat with the babysitter or catch them fucking their boyfriend on the couch... good times!

It's a boxoffice success waiting to happen... tbh

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know if you can say the "bad guy" wins, but the good guy don't win in "A Perfect World" either, great movie.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Identity
The Usual Suspects
Memento
Sin City
Fallen
Seven

And the list goes on and on...dude seriousely, there a lots of movies where the bad guys win.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
I think there was a French Movie about egypcian curses and mummies where actually the bad boy won :)

Just cant remember the name :) (and maybe its not french hehe but i think it is)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
You want endings that dont end happy ala Hollywood, just pick a random Japanese movie and there you go, they are the masters of missirable endings.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
pikeh said:
Anyone seen Casshern? that dosent have the happiest ending ever, mostly involves his bird dying, him killing his father or some such. Havnt seen it for ages though.

great movie tbh!

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
American beauty has a sad finish for example
American History X too

and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom