Movies of 2011

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Some movies to look forward too :p most will prob be shit but i'll list the ones that caught my eye.

The Thing (2011) - Prequel to the 1982 john carpenter movie.

The Thing (2011) - IMDb

Immortals (2011) - mythology and titans, enough said.

Immortals (2011) - IMDb

Thor (2011)

Thor (2011) - IMDb

X-men: First Class (2011)

X-Men: First Class (2011) - IMDb

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) - IMDb

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - IMDb

feel free to add more, give us something to look forward to :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
he cometh and he goeth, yay he shalleth enligten(eth) useth witheth hiseth film listeth

thanks i had not realised there was a new X-men movie due out, though it looks like an interesting re-working of the cast (also how will they incorporate alien invasions ala the Havok storyline?)

i must admit i stopped looking at the other thread after 3 pages or so as i had forgotten what was already on there!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm just curious on how they can make a prequel of the thing :p

What i would like to see as a movie is "It Came From the Desert" :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Why can't they just leave The Thing as one of those classic one off movies that will never be forgotten instead of doing the prequel shit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why can't they just leave The Thing as one of those classic one off movies that will never be forgotten instead of doing the prequel shit.

because its hollywood :p and we all know hollywood enjoy ruining classics. besides you never know theres a 0.001% chance of it being good.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Not even. They are going to ruin my fav horror movie ever :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:twak::(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Not another Transformers movie. Looks like it is going to include Unicron, Orson Welles played its best in the 80's movie, which is still a million times better than the recent ones. Be giving that a very wide berth.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
lol, John Carpenter's 'The Thing' was a remake :D

That's not quite true.

It's based on the same story that the original film was based on rather than being a direct remake of said film.

From the wiki page...

"Ostensibly a remake of the classic 1951 Howard Hawks-Christian Nyby film The Thing from Another World, Carpenter's film is a more faithful adaptation of the novella Who Goes There? by John W. Campbell, Jr. which inspired the 1951 film.[1] Carpenter considers The Thing to be the first part of his Apocalypse Trilogy,[2] followed by Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness. Although the films are unrelated, each feature a potentially apocalyptic scenario; should "The Thing" ever reach civilization, it would be only a matter of time before it consumes humanity and takes over the Earth."

If anyone owns the film on DVD or better take a listen to the commentary track with John Carpenter and Kurt Russell. They're either drunk or stoned or both and it's well worth a listen.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Quibbling over minor details really.

The point is that whether you want to weight it towards remake or reinvention or reboot (as is the fad of the last few years) JC's The Thing is not the first film adaptation, which makes it a bit of a precarious position to take holding it up as sacred with a memory that should not be tarnished :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Just been to see 'Tangled' was really good, except for all the singing but even that was bearable and was not overly sentimental, some very funny moments. /recommend.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Quibbling over minor details really.

The point is that whether you want to weight it towards remake or reinvention or reboot (as is the fad of the last few years) JC's The Thing is not the first film adaptation, which makes it a bit of a precarious position to take holding it up as sacred with a memory that should not be tarnished :)

I'm never in a position to say "They tarnish X", because often they don't tarnish anything and at the same time they bring the story to an audience that wouldn't bother with old versions.

Per example; know many teenagers who would be iterested in the old thing?

These remakes/reboots will even give more publicity to the origina, thus educating people of the story.

At "campfire story time" era, doubt there were many whining that "you just retold his story!" :p

BUT, i am still curious on how they can make a prequel that will work as everyone knows the thing.

then again, worked for V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom