Movie - Stayaway2

O

old.Belorfyn

Here's another movie, Stayaway2 or "Stay away from our way, too!" :)

This actually happened few hours before Stayaway1 but who cares. :)

It uses DivX 5.0.5 again and is smaller than the first one, only about 20MB.
You can find it here:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/simo.tukiainen/stayaway2.avi

If someone didn't like music in first one, see what you think about this one ;)

PS. It's a shame Moriad was just moment too late with turning on the recording, but suppose things might had been different if he had used the time to turn on movie instead of mezzing :)
As it is, 3 first albs die just before it starts.

R

rustan

What kind of computer setup do you have ?
this is excellent quality and good fps.

I tried a little on my laptop and got 9 fps while recording :p

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by rustan
What kind of computer setup do you have ?
this is excellent quality and good fps.

I tried a little on my laptop and got 9 fps while recording :p

I think Morty's PC is 2.6-2.6 GHz P4 and some Geforce4. He uses Fraps to record.
On my PC I got 2.8 P4 (with hyperthreading) and Geforce4 too, but whenever I record, I always get 15 fps, no matter if fps before recording is 50 or 70.. I use higher resolution though, that might be the reason. He plays in fullscreen with 1024x768.

O

old.mattshanes

Hmmm did you have any form of anti-aniliasing in the first vid?your picture seemed very clear for that res, i got p4 2.66ghz too with geforce fx5900 ultra but if i play 8xaa probably end up like a charlie chaplin slideshow in big keep takes xD

One thing i noticed though, when i changed to windowed mode my fps halved :/

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Hmmm did you have any form of anti-aniliasing in the first vid?your picture seemed very clear for that res, i got p4 2.66ghz too with geforce fx5900 ultra but if i play 8xaa probably end up like a charlie chaplin slideshow in big keep takes xD

One thing i noticed though, when i changed to windowed mode my fps halved :/

His AA settings are probably set to mode that it lets games decide if they use it or not..
He plays in 1024x768 (or it might had been 1154x..something) but the videos end up half the size. Perhaps he has that setting in Fraps on that it saves them half size, dunno what happens in the resize :)

O

old.Jeriraa

Originally posted by old.Belorfyn
but whenever I record, I always get 15 fps, no matter if fps before recording is 50 or 70

Fraps "enforces" the framerate when recording. Set it to something higher.

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
Fraps "enforces" the framerate when recording. Set it to something higher.

That's what I thought too at first. Then I tried changing framerate in fraps (20, 25 etc), no difference - always 15'ish :)

O

old.willowywicca

omg I know that music... wtf is it from again?!?

M

mortymer

Originally posted by old.willowywicca
omg I know that music... wtf is it from again?!?

They're from Chrono Trigger. The first one is one of the themes for fighting Lavos, the second one is the usual fanfare.

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by mortymer
They're from Chrono Trigger. The first one is one of the themes for fighting Lavos, the second one is the usual fanfare.

ahhhh thank you :)

I was thinking it was one of the final fantasy's from the Snes, so I was kinda close lol :p

O

old.Belorfyn

Originally posted by mortymer

There was actually funny reason I made this movie. I wasn't planning to make own movie out of that only, but to include it in our upcoming (maybe:)) rvr video when we have enough footage to go with (every guild has to have rvr video, must be written as rule somewhere I'm sure:)).
But Morty had made video of that one with windows movie maker (or whatever it was called), put those musics in it and placed it on my desktop without me knowing.
Night before I made this, I was preparing to go sleep and logged out of game, then saw the movie on my desktop and wondered greatly what it was. It had intro screen made with paint and when music and the video started, I laughed out pretty loud, and even more when it got to end and there was the fanfare music :)

So, then I just had to make real movie with that idea. Original would had been nice but the quality movie maker made it to was kinda poop, couldn't make out much of the fight really .)

Okay, well that might not be so funny story to others, but I had good laughs :)

L

lokir

If u use fraps i advice u to use fast hdd.

Dunno if it have anything wiith the fps to do but it
sure lagg down to have slow hdd

Users who are viewing this thread