[Movie] My christmas project

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Hehehe, nice movie, I like the way you tactically move and the FoP comments are like always really good.
Fu to the kong ball-foot irl? anyways..

Great vid, hax editing, very. Music is.. fitting .. but not really my taste tbh.. nothing that has too big impact on the movie tho, the Ventrilo's make up for it.

Nice nearsighting as always off VF, good assisting, and very good pet control this time :)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
too bad vf crashed in one of those fights :< a bit over-edited for my tastes and the intro was one of the most horrible things i've ever seen in a daoc movie :D otherwise good job

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i liked it, editing was over the top a little at times but was a nice tech demo for vegas 6. enjoyed the music too for the most part :)

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
Ok - nice reply. Am missing the point again I suppose. Just looks like well? - eh fook all to be honest. How come some zerker is hitting yu and sod all is taking away from your health? Really tis why I fooking hate level 50 combat because it is rediculous. TOA crap is a lot to do with it. If a zerker catches upto a caster the bloody caster should die full stop. They might have one getaway spell but after that they in shit street but in the film yu seem to be invulnerable - eh why? Rubbish. U just taking the piss. I for one would like to meet yu without your rediculous toa bollucks and take you out properly. Yu is taking the piss.

Know Thugs by any chance? ;)

Oh and, downloading, looking forward to this :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
Well I looked at the film. Sorry but it looks so boring tis like watching paint drying. Yu ever thought of playing a solo alt that only relies on his self? If you want the adrenalin to flow you have to play such an alt. Hell I played forra few years but still got in fights (in Thid) that nearly brought on a heart attack. Real action is solo action there ain't no-doubt on that.

i pretty much solo'd my ns through the shit periods of pre-nerf LA, pre-nerf dragonfang, thrust resistant mid and alb leather, going slash pre-remedy, running 30 mins to mmg and getting zerged, jada jada

then i solo'd for a long time on my bard pre-toa in OF, yeah, a fking bard. i can asure you that'll give you more adrenaline rushes then playing a sb against players in thid any day of the week

YOUR preference lies in solo fights, mine used to be, and now its in 8v8. if you dont like the movie, tough luck, but keep the attention whoring in the thid forums alright? ;)

and yeah remi - the moc was very strong in this vid :D

remi said:
ah, remeber the hill fight, was the funny, even tho we lost. :D

remi said:
and...blurdeath effect sucked in hillfight...i had a feeling we were winning that one, tho u guys said u thout u were winning, always like that init xD

? :p anyways, whatever, i thought it was undecided but trusted edlina when he said some of you were sitting down

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Void959 said:
I agree with what you say about group movies being useful, but you clearly haven't watched many solo vids nor have much idea about solo play for that matter.

Yeah. The fact that he solo'ed a lot on his Heretic and Theurg and been doing well solo and in groups shows what then?

The point he is trying to make is that some classes solo are just a big joke solo and not worth commenting, so is stun-nuke-nuke, so is MoC/LT + intercept/ML9 pet (Sorc/SM), so is BD, so is WL but in groups you can get something usuable of the class.

I'd never do a serious solo Sorc video, maybe some fun stuff, a group video would be something different.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
and...blurdeath effect sucked in hillfight...i had a feeling we were winning that one, tho u guys said u thout u were winning, always like that init xD

remember that fight, awesome one but the blurr ruined it some, and remember it feelt like we had won as we had everyone up in the end too :], but as remi said, always like that innit :]

happy xmas!

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Nice vid, daoc at its best! :D

Agree with the overedited part tho... If the fights are interesting I rather watch em without any special effects, and if the fights are shit fancy stuff doesnt make em any better ;)

Qledo

Loyal Freddie
MKJ said:
Well I looked at the film. Sorry but it looks so boring tis like watching paint drying. Yu ever thought of playing a solo alt that only relies on his self? If you want the adrenalin to flow you have to play such an alt. Hell I played forra few years but still got in fights (in Thid) that nearly brought on a heart attack. Real action is solo action there ain't no-doubt on that.

God i hate this retard :( hope you get pwned by albs irl!

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Nice movie Adam and VF , really nice that you put some kind words for moik in it. :worthy:
The music was great ofc :D

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
MaditioN said:
remember that fight, awesome one but the blurr ruined it some, and remember it feelt like we had won as we had everyone up in the end too :], but as remi said, always like that innit :]

happy xmas!

Pff watch the vid again... And don't insta mezz me next time :(

You can clearly see that remisk is dead at the time we pull off :p when we say "we got adds etc" And we have decent power etc at that point, and you can hear me saying that neod is sitting down too, like he always does :)

But anyways it might have turned around! And it was a very nice fight for sure! And it always like that indeed. And yea blurr was a bit annoying in that fight, and other times too, but don't think it was *too* overedited really. Was very enjoyable movie imo, especially considering it was "leftover" material. Anyways who cares you win some you loose some like always :D

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yeah. The fact that he solo'ed a lot on his Heretic and Theurg and been doing well solo and in groups shows what then?
I wasn't suggesting in the slightest that he's an unskilled player so why mention groups? Rather I was saying that his impression of solo play is oversimplified and downright wrong.

Take for example: "also fights dont last 10 seconds which most solo fights will if you a decent player". I think almost every soloer will know that to be blantently untrue. The only fights between skilled (and non-caster) players that generally last such little time are between two assassins where one gets the PA off. If you regularly get PA chained on your armsman, please don't assume its the same for the rest of us.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Void959 said:
I wasn't suggesting in the slightest that he's an unskilled player so why mention groups? Rather I was saying that his impression of solo play is oversimplified and downright wrong.

Take for example: "also fights dont last 10 seconds which most solo fights will if you a decent player". I think almost every soloer will know that to be blantently untrue. The only fights between skilled (and non-caster) players that generally last such little time are between two assassins where one gets the PA off. If you regularly get PA chained on your armsman, please don't assume its the same for the rest of us.

Solo play is oversimplified for a lot of classes and predetermined. He was refering to an Eld and ofc the class has more to show in a group than in a solo video.

I don't get your comment about being PA chained, I don't have stealth lore and I don't run in a special way to avoid being PA'ed and any good player will get his chain off when my purge is down.

I said it once and got flamed for it but in my opinion DAoC in solo mode has not a lot of room to show a lot of skill due to how the game has been made. I don't know any other fantasy MMORPGs to compare with, but I don't like the total lack of deception in DAoC. You see someone, you know what class he is, you know what spec he is, you see the weapons and you have a good idea of how the fight will be. Add class inbalance/game design decisions and we're done or show me that fair good long fight Armsman vs Vamp. It's engage until Vamp gets bored and fumble debuffs you, when the debuff wears off, you 3-shot him or you just attack straight away and purge it when needed. Oversimplified? Yes. Downright wrong? No. The server doesn't give me solo Heroes to fight or solo Warriors to fight and that should be the classes I should compare to.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
lol that music fucking r0xed... adam wrj00, send ;/

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
dno where you keep all this vf, but I leik it..

nice editing rure, fun with some colorful stuff =P

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
was nice editing, music rox too! cept like 2 songs :<

Corran

Part of the furniture
Void959 said:
I agree with what you say about group movies being useful, but you clearly haven't watched many solo vids nor have much idea about solo play for that matter.

Watched many solo movies and they are boring in general...

Most people put in the "I PWN" fights.. aka 5hits and the enemy dead.. repeat for 10minutes and get bored :p And they rarely use different things.. reactionary backed by anytime... yeahy!

And as for having no clue about solo.... i solo'd a lvl 45 merc to rr4l7 back in old frontier, Solo'd one sorc to rr4l5 end of old/start of new frontiers, solo'd a tic to rr4, got over half my rp's on theurg for rr6 solo.... i solo a hell of a lot and do so in areas you dont get to many adds most the time... in all the different areas of play... so i know alot about solo'in. We just differ in opinions though, solo movies show nothing much as in general they about owning your enemy, the ones that arent do show a lot more and are interesting but in general they show nothing and as such are boring.

Edit: should of read more on before replied and saw manisch had covered some things :p

But though i did over simplify my comments.. in general it true for what is out there.. Stealthers video = PA/CD 3 hits.. run and stealth (rare to find one that isnt mainly that)
Caster videos = CC nuke nuke nuke run off
Tank video's = Slam,2hander, hit hit hit run off... however here there are some tank videos that are good and show skill, such as a tank fighting and having a stealther+adding and showing a fight lasting a few minutes with reactions to the adds and how cope.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the feedback peeps. Seems like a tad too many people thought it was a bit over-edited. Thats great to know for future movies. :)

Mxn said:
lol that music fucking r0xed... adam wrj00, send ;/

I am at my mothers place, will be back after new years eve. ;<

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Yo rure. edit my guilds upcomin video so it looks like we are somewhat decent ;)

Brite

Banned
btw how can you stand using vegas it might just be the way im using it or somthing but its so damn fiddly to use and things like to mess themselves up at random it seems, find it much easier to use premiere but it doesnt get all the effects vegas can do even if they are a bit annoying to add in you have to cut the part you want the effects on out and stuff, unless theres a better way... then tell me :p

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
btw how can you stand using vegas it might just be the way im using it or somthing but its so damn fiddly to use and things like to mess themselves up at random it seems, find it much easier to use premiere but it doesnt get all the effects vegas can do even if they are a bit annoying to add in you have to cut the part you want the effects on out and stuff, unless theres a better way... then tell me :p

Hmm, not sure what you mean but in the start I had same problem with Vegas, it seemed to fk up at random when I did some random effect. Took me a while to figure out why, but it was just to add more keyframes to reset the effect which more or less solved my problems.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Manisch Depressiv said:
No. The server doesn't give me solo Heroes to fight or solo Warriors to fight and that should be the classes I should compare to.
maybe you and your ilk should stop zerging them into submission then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom