Movie: Dark Floors.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, for those who don't know, it's a "brand" movie of Lordi, Finlands greatest gift to Eurovision contest as you might remember.

Seen it in the movies, and it's a completely finnish movie, regarding script writers, filmcrew, etc. Actors are foreign as to give it that hollywood "touch" and make it possible for distribution.

Horror/thriller movie and it's exactly what it sayes on the tin.

A movie, with Lordi and the monster crew.

IF it had other monsters, as in it wasn't a Lordi picture, i have to say it would rate as high as any off-the-mill holywood horror-flic. Now it's kinda hard to take them as "bad guys" as those monsters are more like friends to the Finnish people.

It's a good movie, and worth the money to see in the cinema(sounds and the oompf of the movie is good). It may not be the "greatest thriller/horror ever made", and it's not in the similar genre as the Ring in horror(more of a monster flic, so don't expect a "eeek eeek eeeek!" experience), and OFCOURSE some things could've been done differently, but for the first international distribution horror flic and i think, first ever horror flic directed, written(etc) by Finnish people, it's rather impressive. Especially effects wise.

I give it 4 flippers, disregarding the friendship towards the monsters that Finnish people have.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
do the monsters rock out?

Heh, not as such. There's only one song by Lordi, luckily in the end titles.

But they do ROCK the house so to speak. Best monsters i've seen in movies for a long time.

This movie IS an opinion divider though, most "artistic and critical" people will say it's "complete cack", but then again, you have to set yourself for a "certain type of movie".

Come on, it's a movie about monsters who rock on stage, so, there's bound to be a "humor" aspect to it.

Trailer here, spoilers:

As one might see, for a Finnish movie, very Hollywood quality like.

Also forgot to mention, that the whole movie is a bit silent hill'ish. In good or bad,

Chronictank

FH is my second home
it looks kind of silly from the trailer, but i think it may be because they tried too much to make it one of the usual epic trailers they use for action movies rather than using a horror-eqsue one
but will give it the benefit of the doubt as it 's their first shot

I hope its one of those you go in with low expectations, and come out pleasantly surprised like with one out now called Juno.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
it looks kind of silly from the trailer, but i think it may be because they tried too much to make it one of the usual epic trailers they use for action movies rather than using a horror-eqsue one
but will give it the benefit of the doubt as it 's their first shot

I hope its one of those you go in with low expectations, and come out pleasantly surprised like with one out now called Juno.

Aye, it's just like that. And the trailer is silly, but have to say, it is more action trhiller then horror, so it kinda fits. Kinda.

You don't expect MUCH, like, you don't expect a "oooh, that was scary" movie, but you are pleasently suprised to see how good it actually is, compared to trailer and your expectations. And like i said, it's worth watching in a good theatre because of the oompf. The action is quite, in your face, finnish style one might say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom