Movement delay / jerky

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
lo

k recently upgraded a few parts of my pc mobo/processor/ram.
before hand i would lag with pc as i would expect with bad specs but i wouldnt get this delay which i get now.
i upgraded from

Amd athlon 1.2ghz / 339 ram / some poo mobo

to

amd athlon xp 3000 / 1gig ram / aseus mobo still with the same gfx card (gforce 4 mmx 440)

now when i run daoc, and im in frontiers/si/toa zones i get this delay when moving gets worse when i look keeps - i move like 0.5-1 sec after pressin my keyboard gets very jerky aswell in somepoints of an area although the circles stay green always - any ideas ? begginin to totaly piss me off now.
it never used to do this with old spec i would get fps lag then it wud be fine would run smooth etc but this is just constant jerky/delay
i have latest gfx drivers,direct x 9.0c and im on sp2 help tbh :F :mad:

Shad

Fledgling Freddie
sounds fishy, but if i remember correctly i had the problem once and solved it with a diffrent screen res, worth a try imo.

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
hmm it didnt fix the problem but its an improvement

still jerky in domnann and not as much delayed movement now

changed from 800x600 to 1024 x 768

yea its very strange indeed tbh ;/

Himse

FH is my second home
Try updating your graphics card drivers, my pc used to do the same and this solved the problem.

Or maybe your Direct X isnt updated? :) just a thought

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
have the latest :/ and even tried reinstallin them etc

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
XP processors are not good on some earlier chipsets with standard RAM like Kingston Valueram. Can't remember the link but there were articles on Toms Hardware Shack website.

Had similar and more extreme problems with a Gigabyte Mobo and standard DDR 400 Ram. Eventually replaced the RAM for a matched pair, not the top end expensive gaming stuff just faster than normal.

Also your Graphics Card is a tad old I would upgrade that when you can afford to.

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
yea i shudnt have to change my gfx card tho? since it ran fine before i did a rightnow and i got this reply

Go to the 'properties' page of the network card. Start Menu -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. In that window, go to Network Adapters and then click on the + sign then right click on the network card itself and choose 'properties'. Look for an option which will be called either 'Hardware Checksumming' or 'Checksum Offload' and disable it. Click on OK and then close all the other windows and the problem should be solved.

but like in network card props theres no checksum option or anythin sayin that at all any ideas?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I used to get 'delays' without any of the tree indicators showing anything. This was a long time ago back when i had the 440 mx aswell. I fixed it by formatting my hard disk :p . Seriously tho it was possibly just the windows registry bloat and fragmentation that was having a bad effect on performance for me. Ran smooth after that but still I had most of the fancy options off in the graphics settings. Oh yeah, that card is shite for daoc aswell when i upgraded to a 9800 pro a year ago i never looked back. DAOC ran way smoother and looked way better.

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
hmm thing is since i was changin so much of my pc i had to format anyway caus i was gettin conflictin drivers , when new parts went in etc , also i feel like i shoudnt have to buy a new gfx card since that would be the easy and most expensive route id rather i tried to fix the problem.
im not botherd about looks on daoc i think they look good as they are i just want it to run smooth :D

oh and does anyone know what goa are talkin about with the email they sent me? :/

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Ridje said:
hmm thing is since i was changin so much of my pc i had to format anyway caus i was gettin conflictin drivers , when new parts went in etc , also i feel like i shoudnt have to buy a new gfx card since that would be the easy and most expensive route id rather i tried to fix the problem.
im not botherd about looks on daoc i think they look good as they are i just want it to run smooth :D

oh and does anyone know what goa are talkin about with the email they sent me? :/

I was under the impression that the fix above was meant for any network cards ('NETGEAR' I thought but cant recall exactly) that cause an account to go ld after /release. Not sure it could help you but still something to try. If its not on your properties tab and your network capability is onboard you could have a look in your bios settings.

What you describe is more likely an issue with your graphics card, ram or processor I would think. Try setting the AGP apperture to as low as possible (all you need for 440 mx anyway) and disable fast write. Both of these can be done on via display properties (right click on your background).

What client version of camelot are you running?

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
Toa client 1.73

AGP apperture / fastwrite? i see no options in properties :/

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
No sorry I mean what version of the game? Super SI, TOA or catacombs?

Right click abckground -> properties -> settings tab -> advanced... button.

There should be a geforce driver tab on this window.

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
toa

yea that was the first place i looked nothin about AGP or fastwrite etc

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Ridje said:
toa

yea that was the first place i looked nothin about AGP or fastwrite etc

Should be there. Can you see all the options for setting what level of anti aliasing will be applied etc?

I think in one of my old pcs I have a gf4 440mx. I will check where these options are when i get home.

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
yea even with the show andvanced settings i only got

antialiasing
anisotropic filtering
image settings
color profile
vertical sync - tried turnin this off etc less delay more jerky :/
force mipmaps
extension limit
hardware acceleration
negative LOD bias

:x

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
I just found the agp settings in the main bios on my old PC..... I've set that to 2X with an AGP buffer size of 256 MB and I'm subjecting it to a DAoC stability test while I do other stuff..... I've wedged my toon against a wall and jammed a rizzla packet next to the up arrow so he's running and won't auto-log

*fingers crossed*

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Skrad said:
I just found the agp settings in the main bios on my old PC..... I've set that to 2X with an AGP buffer size of 256 MB and I'm subjecting it to a DAoC stability test while I do other stuff..... I've wedged my toon against a wall and jammed a rizzla packet next to the up arrow so he's running and won't auto-log

*fingers crossed*
Such a haxxor you are Skrad ;)
Anyhow, thx for helping out with GoV yesterday :cheers:

EDIT:
Had a similar problem when I bought a new PC that had a better gfx-card than my old one...

After some normal checking, I found I had some process called "X10" or something like it...
Turned out it was some stuff for using a remotecontrol to control the PC...My version of the PC didn't have the remotecontrolfeatures, so I removed that process from autostart list, and it did remove that laggy jerky motion you mentioned.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Who manufactured your GF4 card? With my old one it was manafactured by an independent PC builder and the Nvidia drivers could be installed but they were not 100% compatiable and lead to slow down/crashes. I had to use ones specific to the manafacturer. Luckily they were avaliable from their website. TBH with such an old shitty card I would try and go back to an older version of the Nvidia drivers. If you still have the drivers you used on your old PC give them a go.

Seriously tho mate with a PC spec like yours that card is a serious bottleneck. I cant believe anyone who liked computer games would use such a shit card. Your system spec is the same as mine except for the graphics card and it eats most games alive. You can get an infinitely better card for less than £50 these days.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productlister.aspx?GroupID=330

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
yea ive noticed :C

i think i will just buy a new one whats ur recommendations .. willin to spend upto 100

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
ati 9800 pro is under £100 now and on some websites so is the nvidia 6600.
both are good cards.

Friea

Banned
Ridje said:
lo

k recently upgraded a few parts of my pc mobo/processor/ram.
before hand i would lag with pc as i would expect with bad specs but i wouldnt get this delay which i get now.
i upgraded from

Amd athlon 1.2ghz / 339 ram / some poo mobo

to

amd athlon xp 3000 / 1gig ram / aseus mobo still with the same gfx card (gforce 4 mmx 440)

now when i run daoc, and im in frontiers/si/toa zones i get this delay when moving gets worse when i look keeps - i move like 0.5-1 sec after pressin my keyboard gets very jerky aswell in somepoints of an area although the circles stay green always - any ideas ? begginin to totaly piss me off now.
it never used to do this with old spec i would get fps lag then it wud be fine would run smooth etc but this is just constant jerky/delay
i have latest gfx drivers,direct x 9.0c and im on sp2 help tbh :F :mad:

i have the exact same problems, got a 2.6ghz pentium 4, GFX 5700 and 1200~ RAM. i think its something with VIA, because i have had the simular effect in other games with my old computer which also was VIA, then i bought a new computer which doesnt support VIA and a ATI radeon and i had no such problems, when i now use my current comp which has VIA i have this delay that you speak of. dunno what to do about it, but its getting really faggy to avoid domann and some part of the alb frontier just because my computer doesnt like those places :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom