Mouse Wheel Problem with Quake 3 - How to FIX

O

old.Da_TOAST

Ok, i know alot of pple with scrollball mouses got this problem. Ya want the mousescroller to switch weapons or perform another task, but gay q3 is has messed control options. Dont listen to people who say download latest drivers go into mouse options blah blah blah it is a pain in the asshole and usually doesnt work. Here is what worked for me on my Microsoft, intellipoint mouse:

GO into console and type:
/bind mwheelup weapprev

and

/bind mwheeldown weapnext

Type those 2 commands EXACTLY in console to get ur mousewheel to change weapons. HOWEVER, after doing this, if u go into controls and change ANY OTHER KEY (even if its not the mwheel) IT MAY MESS IT UP! and u will have to type the bind commands in again. So only do the wheelmouse binding after u got all ur other bindings the way u want em. Oh yeah, and the binding commands also work if ur trying to get other mouse buttongs to work, such as mbutton4 and 5.
so then you'd have to do:

/bind mbutton4 block

or whatever

Hope i could help everybody!

Da_TOASTED :puke:

S

Sar

Nice to see a newbie poster being helpful :)

/fluffles Toastie :D

O

old.Da_TOAST

;)

Yup, just wanna help all em other newbies who were just like me :') but i bet i could kick your ass, SAR! Any day of the week.......

W

Wazzerphuk

Re: ;)

Originally posted by Da_TOAST
Yup, just wanna help all em other newbies who were just like me :') but i bet i could kick your ass, SAR! Any day of the week.......

*stifles giggles*

S

Sar

Hehe.

Well I know you could kick Wazza's. Most n00bs do :p

And he's an ickle 15 year old Wazz, so don't you go getting all kinky on him ;)

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

lol

i have the mousewheel prob too btw, also a prob with mouse4 and mouse5.

ur problem is that after q3 does an in_restart it seems to "forget" u have a mousewheel....and when you come OUT of da control options to change other key bindings the bastage does an in_restart.

my problem is that it does the same, but it also doesnt recognise my mouse4 and mouse5 buttons UNTIL i do an in_restart :rolleyes: so i have a choice between using mouse4 OR mousewheel...u'd think the best game engine on da planet (tru) would be able to deal with a 5 button mouse wid a wheel by now...and the irritating thing is that elite force (q3 engined) has no probs with my mouse at all.

S

Sar

If you issue in_restart to the console for any reason, it restarts Direct Input, so you'll have to close q3 down and restart it for the changes to take effect.

T

throdgrain

Blimy toast is in here pontificating too :)
Hey sar, you know that new pc on my desk at work, it ignores the wheel too, though i am using exactly the same config as my pc at home, which works just fine. Any ideas what the real answer is ? I know I sorted it before, but that was like a year ago and i cant recall now :)

S

Sar

Possibly mouse drivers, or an outdated version of Direct X, which on reflection is the likely culprit - update your version of DirectX!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom