Mouse Pads

E

Esoteric

Thinking of getting an everglide mouse mat

Are they hype or they actually any good??

I don't use optical still on a ball mouse but wouldn't mind a decent pad.

G

Gekul

If they're anything like the one I bought 2 years ago they're decent. Still using it :)

U

Uriron

I got a Ratzpad GS, quite nice (maybe a bit big) but then again I was using a piece of A4 paper before :/

Cant write the names down of people who piss me off online onto my new mousemat tho...

P

[PS]Riddler

Everglide/Ratz are crap for optical mice, from what iv experienced anyway. Its cause of the bumpy surface...

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by [PS]Riddler
Everglide/Ratz are crap for optical mice, from what iv experienced anyway. Its cause of the bumpy surface...

Not true at all, they are in fact very good for optical mice.

E

envenom

im still using my Buffy the Vampire slayer one lol

S

Spinky

Haha, i used to have a Buffy the Vampire Slayer mousemat too

until I melted it :(

T

Tenko

I dont use a mouse mat at all, have an optical mouse and run it on the wooden table top. Works fine, its smooth but not too shiny and the woodgrain gives a good pattern to scan :)

P

[PS]Venom

Hehe I'm still using a shite Everquest mousemat I got free. :p

O

old.ivan

Hehe after getting sick of mouse mat constantly sliding this way and that i started using my 'executive' mouse pad .. its basically a flat round piece of metal of some kind, wrapped in black leather.. heavy .. doesnt slide.. and optical works well on it.

G

Gravity

im using an everglide giganta optical, very nice, very expensive (for a mat) but well worth it - btw im using a M$ explorer 3.0

giganta_optical_smoke_small.jpg

E

Esoteric

Hmmm every time I try to buy one from that site and I go to checkout it says sorry your basket is empty. Damn it I want one now and CS haven't responded to my email :-/.

V

ViscountC

Everglide Giganta Optical is my latest gaming mousepad. For the past two years I've been using one of the standard Everglide mousepads in black, with an optical mouse. It worked fine, BTW.

They're nice and slippery, don't have a tendancy to curl up at the corners, and can be used as deadly weapons if circumstances call for an immediate and vioulent response.

The only drawback is the surface is *slightly* abrasive - probably no more so than a wooden desk, but it's worth bearing in mind. On my 2-year old optical mouse, not only have the slidey feet worn away, the raised portion of the base that holds the optical sensor has been ground away a bit too! Still, this has had the side-effect of wearing down the surface of the mouse pad at the same time, making my old pad super-duper slippery. Like a greased eel in a soap factory, in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom