Help Mouse not moving the curser on screen AND net book screen prob!

russell

FH is my second home
Hi Guys,
Please help -my integral mouse has gone all sticky and my cursor on screen is stuck/ frozen and delayed -what is all that about? Have I done something -is there something I can do to rectify it? I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Vista ( I know:sick:)
Also my delightful 10 year old has cracked the LED screen on her Acer Netbook, so it is totally Fooked. Cant refund or return from Argos -as it was bought (out of her hard saved cash) for Christmas. Acer say the warrantee does not cover the screen? Can I buy a screen? Are they easy to put on? BTW the man from Acer was awful. I couldnt understand a word he said -except that it was £50 just for them to look at it -god knows how much more to fit a new screen... They were exceptionally unhelpful. it is a pink acer netbook happy ( it has not made me happy!:eek:) Please help me boys in the know -you have always come though for me in the past x

soze

I am a FH squatter
With the mouse, plug in an external and see if it works. If it does then it's a hardware problem most likely.

You can buy a monitor yes eBay sell them for £50-£100 depending on the laptop. They are not impossible to fit, but you have to be comfortable taking the whole thing to pieces as you may need to access the motherboard to connect the ribbon cable. Most local repair shops will swap it but you will not get a new warranty and may void any that is left. If you have accidental damage on your home insurance it may be worth going the replacement route that way.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
indeed, if you have accidental damage then ring them right away. otherwise see if you can get a local IT boffin to swap the screen. If Acer are indeed being dweebs, that may be your best bet. Otherwise keep ringing Acer till you get a decent person on the line.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hi Guys, Also my delightful 10 year old has cracked the LED screen on her Acer Netbook, so it is totally Fooked. Cant refund or return from Argos -as it was bought (out of her hard saved cash) for Christmas. Acer say the warrantee does not cover the screen? Can I buy a screen? Are they easy to put on? BTW the man from Acer was awful. I couldnt understand a word he said -except that it was £50 just for them to look at it -god knows how much more to fit a new screen... They were exceptionally unhelpful. it is a pink acer netbook happy ( it has not made me happy!:eek:) Please help me boys in the know -you have always come though for me in the past x

My son dropped his laptop on the school bus cracking the screen. The local Acer repair center said 10 days and will cost around 120-150 GBP to replace. Got a call from them yesterday and it is 700 Dhs (130 GBP) and ready to pick up.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Forgot to write back on this, the bill for a new screen on my sons Acer 15" was only 650 Dhs or about 120 GBP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom