Mouse lag

Gray

FH is my second home
Just a quick one, made a post a few days ago in the Offtopic in some thread about Logitech, and it brought up this issue which i have at the moment.

At present i have a Logitech MX1000 USB Wireless mouse, which i have had for 2 years now. Problems started becoming apparent about 2 months ago, but i tried to persist through it. For the most part i did, but for the rest it was frustrating.

The problem basically is that if im in games or downloading etc, my mouse sensitivity will become sluggish. I'll attempt to move the mouse cursor, where it goes slow, but then a few seconds later it will end up halfway across the screen. Eventually it will go back to normal.

Other instances of the mouse causing issues is when i click, with the left mouse button for instance. In Mozilla when you have tabs open, if you click on a tab sometimes instead of it going to that specific tab, it will often try to "drag" the tab as opposed to just opening it.

This also affects files and folders within WindowsXP as well, so its not primarily a Firefox issue.

I spoke to Logitech a couple of weeks ago because i felt there was a definate fault with the mouse, but i already had this mouse as a replacement for my old MX900, so i didnt go through with it in the end. I might well bring it up with them again though soon.

We tried the usual, making sure the Docking Station wasnt near a powerpoint, the mousepad is a gaming-pad so that is sufficient. I updated the mouse software to the latest SetPoint software as well as even removing the software completely, even that did not help.

I also changed USB ports on the Docking Station to see if that did anything, but again, nothing.

I'm at a somewhat loose end as to what the problem could be now, i half suspected maybe some sort of memory leak if that occurs, or something like it, but i did a disk-defrag, checkdisk, virus scan etc etc all to no avail.

Its very hard to make this problem occur, it just "happens" when it wants too, so taking it onto another computer could end up taking hours, so that isnt the ideal solution if i cant replicate the issue.

Has anyone else had issues with mouse lag before, and what did yuo do to solve the issue?

Windows XP [Service Pack 3, was on Service Pack 2 but i recently updated]
Logitech MX1000 Wireless mouse.

Gray

FH is my second home
Ive had not had a wired mouse in years, dont think i want to particularly want to go back, specially as wires are cluttering my desk now.

But out of curiosity i did have a look at some wired ones, but it seems theres hardly any now from Microsoft/Logitech which look decent.

One option i guess would be to try to get a replacement for this mouse, but it brings me back to if the mouse is faulty at all and if something else is playing its part in causing the lag.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Bluetooth mice and WiFi don't mind particularly well. I've noticed it can be worse with 802.11n kit also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom