Mouse help!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hey guys

I've got a great Ikari SteelSeries Laser Mouse, which I love! I've had it for quite some time and now it is starting to play tricks on me. The left button has started to double click and sometimes even triple click. Might not sound like that much of a problem, but believe me, it IS!

There are no visable screws, so I can't even take it apart to clean it properly. The best thing atm is lifting the button as much as possible and blow into the small crack, but it only helps for a few minutes

Anyone ever had the same problem or has the same mouse that can help me out a little? I really can't afford going out to get a new mouse atm :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
its a damn good mouse indeed, i has as well.

cant help you tho just letting you know!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Mouses/mice(FU whiners :p) just go apart, so if you don't want to take the mouse to the shops for a repair, i think your best bet is to aerosol the living daylight out of it, get as much use of it, save up some coins and get the next step in evolution on your desk.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
THIS is the only cool mouse

mouse-mission-impossible.jpg

Exioce

Part of the furniture
My Habu started doing similar things. Opened it up, and managed to break it even more :|
Replaced it with a Lachesis, which is great for gaming but so-so for desktop use.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
My Logitech MX Revolution did EXACTLY the same thing.

I followed the instructions on this page.
Mouse Clicking Troubles? DIY Repair | Overclockers

What you need to do is use a thin knife to peel off the PTFE feet to expose the screws. Once you've unscrewed it, you want to open the shell carefully making note of any connectors or ribbon cables. Once you've got it open, use a can of air to blow out the worst of the dust and grime. Then follow the instructions on that page to open up the microswitch and tweak the copper fitting. They say it takes time to get it back in properly. It does! It took the author 10 mins and it took me 15.
The good thing is my mouse is now working perfectly. :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Thanks a lot Zenith! I'll do that as soon as I can find a backup mouse(just in case) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom