Motoring Moto GP

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes yes yes, the best racing season is back. Moto GP starts this weekend at Qatar, cannot wait for it. Rossi and Lorenzo should be quite fun and I suspect that nearly every Italian (male) on the planet will shoot his bolt when they get to see Rossi on a Ducati.

Who else prefers the excitment of motorbike racing to Formula One ??

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Who do you want to win this year?

I got a got pissed off with Lorenza's planting the flag in the soil and pretending to be a spaceman stunts last year. For me, it has to be The Doctor.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
MotoGP/F1 is like Basketball/Football, once is full of constant action, the other is about the tension and strategy.

I like both ( motogp/f1 obviously, basketball/football are wank ).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Agreed but tension is better than strategy in my mind. It just seems that F1 is trying to slow the sport down more and more to ensure the safety of the drivers. To be honest, the drivers know the risks when they enter the sport, let them get on with it. That is waht I like about MotoGP, anything and everything happens. Some of the best racing I have ever seen happened last season between Rossi and Lorenzo.

Gave me goose bumps knowing those crazy fuckers were doing in excess of 150 mph on a bike.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I am truly stunned. I didn't think anyone else on here watched bikes.
I was going to post the other day when I caught sight of the Superbike podium. Biaggi, Melandri and Checa! Obviously all the old riders have moved there.
It's got to be Valentino all the way. Have watched him since he first started. Can't believe he's not a teenager any more.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am truly stunned. I didn't think anyone else on here watched bikes.
I was going to post the other day when I caught sight of the Superbike podium. Biaggi, Melandri and Checa! Obviously all the old riders have moved there.
It's got to be Valentino all the way. Have watched him since he first started. Can't believe he's not a teenager any more.

As they say when they are younger "Rossi for the win" :p Seriously though, Moto GP is just so much more exciting than other sports. At least you have no way of saying to the riders (drivers) be careful.

150mph and touching fuel tanks does not happen in any other sport.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes yes yes, the best racing season is back. Moto GP starts this weekend at Qatar, cannot wait for it. Rossi and Lorenzo should be quite fun and I suspect that nearly every Italian (male) on the planet will shoot his bolt when they get to see Rossi on a Ducati.

Who else prefers the excitment of motorbike racing to Formula One ??

Not sure Rossi and Ducati is much more than a dream team on paper for this year.

I do like watching motorbikes, esp the Isle of Man TT since they've certainly got big balls.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tell me about it, Rossi didn't do that great yesterday but still, every Italian's dream to see an Italian legend (which Rossi is) riding on a Ducati :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not sure how the bikes are panning out this year but last year the Duccatti had incredible straight line speed, if anyone can harness that it is Rossi, his cornering and timing of breaking in those corners is second to none.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought that his straight line speed was crap compared to others but as was mentioned, he is still carrying an "injury" from his operation. Hopefully he can only get better!!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I thought that his straight line speed was crap compared to others but as was mentioned, he is still carrying an "injury" from his operation. Hopefully he can only get better!!

Bikes may have changed then, will speak to a mate who is a mad bonkers Rossi fan and 90% of his car is covered in Rossi stickers, house is filled with model bikers, team clothes and caps, posters and pictures. His life is a shrine to Vale.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I hate the way they have a dab now going into corners, it looks shit and I'm sure its off-putting to the other riders near them :(

sayward

Resident Freddy
Sorry I'm hauling this thread back but I didn't like the tone of the newer one. You all must know by now that I follow Moto GP. Marco Simoncelli was one of my favourite 'boys' second only to Rossi. I am totally gutted. My mouth is full of ashes. What can I say?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tragedy. Him and Rossi were my favourites and I suspect that Rossi won't be seen at the last race....

sayward

Resident Freddy
I thought that too. Despite what they're saying in the press.

sayward

Resident Freddy
P.s. I hope everyone interested has read Toby Moody's article at Autosport.com.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
MotoGP has become a lesser sport the last few years imo, it just doesn't seem as competitive or exciting as it did back in Vale's heyday. Alot of the top riders are complaining as well so it does seem that something is broken.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh my god, Rossi is back! Lovely 1 - 2 finish for Yamaha but seeing Rossi come from 7th to 2nd was just awesome :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Brilliant race and Rossi seemingly running out of fuel halfway though the victory lap then getting a backie to the podium was pure gold.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Brilliant race and Rossi seemingly running out of fuel halfway though the victory lap then getting a backie to the podium was pure gold.
On the back of a Ducati as well./giggle

Lorenzo left everyone. Only ones I seen there that could match him yesterday was Rossi and maybe Cal. Cal had trouble passing the Honda's, bet this morning he is happy the Ducati ride was pulled from under him. Rossi rode amazing after his mistake on turn one and made short work of both Cal and Pedrosa, whose tires had gone off by the looks of it. Marc Marquez was stunning, as soon as he loses that shock and awe factor of riding with his "hero's" I think Pedrosa will know what the back end of his bike looks like more and his dicing with Rossi on the last two laps had me on the edge of my seat, not done that since 2010.

MotoGP has missed Rossi at the front.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I guess what he really needs is better qualifying.
He has always been shit at qualifying. IOW, he always performs best when in a real race.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah I watched it on ITV4, I've always loved it:

This is from someone last year, certain bits give the idea of passing speed well:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom