Mother of god

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Just logged into try and play the game - what the hell is going on. Now we cannot play in keeps?

What is the point of the game if we cannot try to push up the stairs of keeps??

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Back to Eve then til they sort this out? This is really crazy even at lower tiers.

Speak to yer tanks to use Hold the Line and Taunt Sorcs m8 to "try" deal with it, that said Aoe is outta control atm.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Speak to yer tanks to use Hold the Line and Taunt Sorcs m8 to "try" deal with it, that said Aoe is outta control atm.

taunting sorcs BW's thats either hiding behind a wall or something else that makes then be out of sight is slightly impossible tho. sure hold the line works but tanks cant keep those up forever even if they use them after one another. to long cooldown and to short duration for that, and theres never enough tanks around that knows what there doing :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
taunting sorcs BW's thats either hiding behind a wall or something else that makes then be out of sight is slightly impossible tho. sure hold the line works but tanks cant keep those up forever even if they use them after one another. to long cooldown and to short duration for that, and theres never enough tanks around that knows what there doing :)

Hol doesn't have any cooldown bar the fact that you got APs dude :)
Anyway think Shark's got the point since he runs with Guild WB and they got 3 tanks which can rotate it.
Ofc the no LOS shit is one of the stupid things that are related to Aoe atm ^^

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Hol doesn't have any cooldown bar the fact that you got APs dude :)

Not on the Swordmaster it doesn't, but it does on the Black Guard. (Not sure if there's an Order tank with a HTL cooldown.)

Hold the Line has a 60s cooldown on Black Guard, which is frankly ridiculous. My BG's only R17, so I'm not 100% certain whether they can slot a tactic so there's no- or reduced- cooldown, but I don't think they can.

I realise why they might've done this on fluff grounds (Black Guard and Dark Elves in general being spiteful, self-centred conniving hate-machines only out for themselves) but a Black Guard isn't much of a guard if he can only defend protect people behind him for 5 secs every minute.

The character targeted AoEs can be defended against by HTL, but I'm not so sure about GTAoEs like RoF, PoS, etc.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not on the Swordmaster it doesn't, but it does on the Black Guard. (Not sure if there's an Order tank with a HTL cooldown.)

Hold the Line has a 60s cooldown on Black Guard, which is frankly ridiculous. My BG's only R17, so I'm not 100% certain whether they can slot a tactic so there's no- or reduced- cooldown, but I don't think they can.

I realise why they might've done this on fluff grounds (Black Guard and Dark Elves in general being spiteful, self-centred conniving hate-machines only out for themselves) but a Black Guard isn't much of a guard if he can only defend protect people behind him for 5 secs every minute.

The character targeted AoEs can be defended against by HTL, but I'm not so sure about GTAoEs like RoF, PoS, etc.

To my best knwoledge no it doesnt against GTAoE, prolly it ignores it cause it is actually a spell that already "bypassed" the Line so to speak.
Then again the point of HoL is to protect squishies from ranged attacks not really from AoE, GTAoE altho -.-

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
To my best knwoledge no it doesnt against GTAoE, prolly it ignores it cause it is actually a spell that already "bypassed" the Line so to speak.
Then again the point of HoL is to protect squishies from ranged attacks not really from AoE, GTAoE altho -.-

so then its even more useless ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
1.21 = lots of ragequitting BWs and maybe some sorcs. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It ain't the fix anyway, a little bit of help but not the fix.
There's too many mindless aoeing in this game anyway.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Power players that want an AoE bot might potentially have switched from Sorc to Havoc spec Magus if they wanted something stackable, especially if the Magus DPS is brought on par at some point in the future. I think Mythic decided that they wanted to close that door too just in case.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Power players that want an AoE bot might potentially have switched from Sorc to Havoc spec Magus if they wanted something stackable, especially if the Magus DPS is brought on par at some point in the future. I think Mythic decided that they wanted to close that door too just in case.

I suspect that the raft of low level magi may well have tipped them off to it too.

I've been "testing" order classes for a couple of days on Azgul and it seems like there's more magi about at low level than sorcs - it's incredible how many of the buggers there are...

M

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
1.21 = lots of ragequitting BWs and maybe some sorcs. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Most BW and Sorc agree that AOE is a problem just now, people don't play just one class anymore and can see it form the flip side.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Most BW and Sorc agree that AOE is a problem just now, people don't play just one class anymore and can see it form the flip side.

u mean most sorcs and BW's that post on the forums agree. not most of the total pop of them ;)

theres a fair share of them that thinks this is how it should be. and they are NOT happy about the incomming nerfs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom