Most Visually Stunning Film

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
THATS what it was called

I was trying desperately hard to say 'that robin williams film witht he good visual stuff in heaven' but i couldnt find a name :p

seconded!

Astfgl

Fledgling Freddie
I think I'll probably be giving my vote to Finding Nemo, too.

Although after watching the Shrek 2 trailer...

C

chikwan

Well I'm going to be different, and go for

The City of Lost Children. or (La Cité des enfants perdus) to be accurate.

Caro / Jeunet films are all pretty special...

leggy

Probably Scottish
I agree with tom for a change. I disagree with almost every choice in this thread purely due to the fact that they are animations. Technical brilliance in most cases.

I don't have a favourite but I'll be cliched and mention:

Heaven
Road to perdition
Hero
Amelie
Gangs of New York

Yaka

Part of the furniture
the latest one i have seen is jap film ALIVE, made in 6 days coz the director made a bet, the sets etc were made of card board and simply looks stunning.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you liked the cinematography in Amelie you'll love Delicatessen and City of Lost Children.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Having just watched my "Special Advance" copy, I'd like to drop FF and put my full support behind Matrix Revolutions, Mainly for the final Agent vs Smith fight and a good deal of the Zion battle aswell. CG it may be, but the sense of scale is awesome.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That punch should win Revolutions the Oscar for SFX tbh.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Most visually stunning films i would say Basic cus it got a good heavy rain jungle feeling (but i almost cried irl for the piss poor ending). Or Crounching tiger hidden dragon, just amazing...

But if we're talking generaly good movies it would be a shame not to mention Shawshanks redemption or A few good men. Shrek or The lionking without a doubt for best animated movie.

Tim Burton is a genius... Nightmare before christmas... Sleepy Hollow... Mars Attacks!... Batman (Yes, the first one)... Edward Scissorhands...

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Vanilla Sky had some nice shots, but i'll say T3 for impressing me the most visually. CG wise it's gotta be FF:TSW.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
The Thin Red Line has stunning visuals, the colours are very strong and in some places almost 3D like (specially at the start in the forest).

Storyline isnt that good, but as this is about visuals it doesnt really matter :).

when I showed it at the cinema the visuals in the film were a hot topic for discussion.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Xtro said:
Hero is absolutely stunning. I'm not sure its THE most gorgeous film ever but certainly is high up there.

Yup, Hero easily, pisses over everything else in this thread.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
adams901 said:
when I showed it at the cinema the visuals in the film were a hot topic for discussion.

You run a cinema? Seriously?

Wave-Rider

Fledgling Freddie
honey i shrunk the kids
orrrrrrrr
who framed rodger rabbit? <---- one of teh best movies evar11

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
You run a cinema? Seriously?
nah, I worked as a projectionist for 5 years, had its good and bad times, many fun moments of trying to fix 2 projectors mid performance while 6 other screens are waiting to be set-up.

Oh not to forget the comical moments of trying to take a film of the platter when it hadn't wound on tight enough, lovely huge pile of film on the floor.

Thats without talking about the fire alarms going off and shutting all 8 screens down multiple times while at the same time playing a please evacuate message, making it impossible to get anywhere as masses of people made for the exit.

Yes now I can see why i left :).

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Just on looks, I'd have to say the original Matrix. Groundbreaking effects and gorgeous visuals.

Since then, too many copies of 'bullet time' have now made it seem bland and boring...

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
That punch should win Revolutions the Oscar for SFX tbh.

"that punch" has been ripped of a asian film, forgot what the films called now but the directors defo copied someone else on that bit.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
God, how many times do you hear people 'this was ripped from that, thats a ripoff of this', etc.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Dark City & City of the lost children are both visually stunning. And if you hate rip offs then look at Dark City and find all the Matrix rip offs including the so called morphing walls etc. Much better than the matrix.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
American Beauty
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Holey wows is this beautiful)
Raging Bull

are the ones that pop into my head...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom