Most memorable 'roleplay' moment?

O

[Oo]Escape

Almost two years since prydwen's been up and for an unofficial roleplay server, it's pretty poor :p - Roleplay seems to have died entirely, definately not as it was a year ago... so... which event do you remember as being one of prydwen's highlights?

Myste/Hendrick's wedding was one of the funniest events I've been to. The intrigue, the arrival of Aethelstan... the sheer drama of it all had me laughing for real! I think that one was enjoyed by everyone who was there... might've been a bit more interesting if /duel was in at that time ;)

You just don't see roleplay like that anymore! :(

gifv mor imo oO

O

old.Bubble

I remember the Arena Battle against a level changing Berzerker :)

Also thought it was funny when there was an Army in cornwall that belonged to a Lords of England member lol, damm horse merchant moved making it hard to get a ticket :p

S

Sparda_soul

Originally posted by old.Bubble

Also thought it was funny when there was an Army in cornwall that belonged to a Lords of England member lol, damm horse merchant moved making it hard to get a ticket :p

ya mean this? :)
blades

V

vesania

ho ho, Seks, funny how many people still remember that one. Occasionally I get folks comment on the dramatic suspense because Myste wasn't replying to the request to make her vows. I wonder if it's time to own up yet that I had /broad switched off and was just standing there like a muppet wondering why Tanya hadn't started yet? In my defence, I was ...er....no, there's no defence.

As for roleplay moments, too many of them on a daily basis, but that wedding was a whole lot of fun....so was being teleported out of Camelot cathedral by Cameran and nearly sacrificed in the ghostly trees on the broken bridge in Salisbury. Until the army of Albion turned up to squish the soulwards, it was a very interesting half hour indeed and that whole campaign was a lot of fun to roleplay around.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Best RP moment.

When I sent "Hail Graham! I hope the world is treating you well friend?" and get "yeah m8, not too bad ^^" back :D

S

Shanaia

Wow .. no-one mentioned 'that' screenshot yet Myste!

<coughs>

Ehh I mean

<points to the floor> look at how nice the weather is today!

My most memorable RP moment was sitting in the Stone face to face with Sheepfur (sorry Shaeffer)...

What a night that was <grins>

<sulks>

Yeah ok ... so he turned me down

<runs away crying>

N

Nuriko

Definitely THAT screenshot.

...or should I say, my award goes to Myste and Hendrick.

N

Nuriko

Definitely THAT screenshot.

...or should I say, my award goes to Myste and Hendrick.

V

vesania

I live in the vain hope that someday someone somewhere will forget about that screenshot. <laughs> Do you _realise_ how long ago that was? Heh...I honestly can't believe that nothing better has been said since. It's a cover-up, I tell you, a cover-up...

S

Straef

woot i roleplay all day long >_<
makes pve less boring ;o
<smiles>

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
Best RP moment.

When I sent "Hail Graham! I hope the world is treating you well friend?" and get "yeah m8, not too bad ^^" back :D

/slap
I would never utter such filth.
keke?? xDD

And yupp, the Cameran ordeal was awesome, but I put that down to being in the middle of the intrigue.
As I understood it, a great many people had trouble following all the threads of the plot and stich it together.

Those kind of big events inspire more of an awe-feeling though.
The ones that really affect me, the way a very good theaterplay or movie can do, is the little things. The quiet things.
A conversation between two people, a story told by someone, things like that.
Those are when the characters shine through and are made believeable and that's when you truly immerse yourself and the fantasy become reality.

Not really had the peace for that lately though, which is sad.
It brings so much more to the game...

A

Addlcove

I´ll go for "the" screenshot too :)

was back in the days where I was a member of the templars so long ago indeed <grin>

T

The Real Redi

1) Cameron saga, at the broken bridge slinging albions all ove the place as they tried to get to Myste and Graham, then the scenes under the church in Camelot...

2) Laird & Aethelstan leading the charge of PL and Templar, at DC after 3 defences from mids and hibs armies, charged out from the keep and beat odds of about 3 to 1 without a single casualty... the amount of battle cries and insults being screamed made it poetic :great:

3) various evenings in Ye Stone with all manner of people just shooting the breeze... i miss them days :(

B

Blessus

I remember one fun evening at MMG when about 60 of us all stripped naked infront of the Mid Hordes and did a line dance.That count as RP tho?:p

I

ilaya

my best roleplay moment was on exc but i think you may find it kinda funny all the same :)

was a luri zerg organised to emain to kill stuff.. went along with it.. then became apparent i was erm.. nominated to lead all those luri's.. so went ok.. i need a reason to kill with my fellow luri's! (as if we needed one :p )

our plan was to kill the stinky trollz who pinched my jelly that tasted like jam! woke up one morning and looked in cupboard and no jelly! just smell of poo! was trollz!

we went to odins and killed many other stinky peeps but no trollz.. didnt get my jam back... but still looking :)

O

old.linnet

Best RP

Best RP moment I had in game was when Kyra & Ziera organised a staging of 'A Christmas Carol' on the stage in Camelot (was it really a year ago?) and Myddrin did a star turn as Scrooge. <coff> Typecast as old welsh git </coff>

Also, the storytelling thingie I ran in Snowdonia last week was pretty damn good.

O

old.Tyraette

Cameran saga for me

By an absolute mile.

Though in all honesty, with that one exception, nothing really stands out. I dont mean that in a bad way in the slightest, in fact quite the opposite. Every single day in the templars was just..excellent. Brought a whole new level to the game.

Whether it was messing out in the frontier, sitting in the pub in camelot doing nothing much, or just finding a dance partner you didnt expect (it takes two to tango) , every day was worthwhile, and i'll always be thankful for those memories.

And Shan....sorry love, but Tree stole my heart first ;) you have NO idea how guilty and awful i felt for 'hurting' your feelings. im just too soft for things like that :p

Users who are viewing this thread