Most Expensive Sandwich

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4894952.stm

_41542850_sandwich203.jpg

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
And here's me QQing about 50 quid trainers.

Looks nice I must say but then again, a double bacon-cheesburger in Burger King/Mc Donalds looks nice too - just not good for you but i'll take the risk ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ofcourse it's most expensive since McD charges ridicilous amounts from basic incredients even.

Slap on some hoohoo meat and it's a thousand dollar delight.

Jesus...i'd eat one though, if i had the cash with me. Extra cash that is.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You seen that movie where Michael Douglas shoots up the burger joint cos his food doesn't look like the picture ?

falling2.jpg

What would you do if your 100-buck sandwich looked like a road-kill ? :p

Outlander

Part of the furniture
21oz meal, that would keep me going for 2 days worth of food :) thats one weighty sandwich.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Lamp said:
You seen that movie where Michael Douglas shoots up the burger joint cos his food doesn't look like the picture ?

falling2.jpg

What would you do if your 100-buck sandwich looked like a road-kill ? :p
name of the film? cant remember, but i think i've seen it... also he's a cool actor!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Looks like an over-packed subway with different bread tbh...

I would rather just pay the already steep £3.90 for a subway and get two of them or something than pay that much for something that looks like it should be in a cartoon :)

You just know that when you bite that thing that £85 worth of sandwich fillings are going to go everywhere, impossible to eat it without making a mess, just like a subway, but with that amount of money you'd want to eat all of it! :O

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
that sandwich just made me hungry, i would rather go to mcDonalds and get 3 mcChickens and 2 Double Cheeseburgers!

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Selfridges is a department store btw Seel :p It has nothing to do with Maccy Ds.

Saw this in the paper the other day, the idea is to appeal to Selfridges customers who have more money than sense. Well that wasn't their words ;) Their words were something like, "We are constantly being asked for a sandwhich that is which is special by our loaded customers, and this sandwhich appeals to them"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
DocWolfe said:
Selfridges is a department store btw Seel :p It has nothing to do with Maccy Ds.

The part:

The McDonald sandwich - named after its creator Scott McDonald

kinda implied it did, go figure, it's brittish media :D

Thought it was a maccy d in the department store or sumthing. Ah well.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Could make a better sandwich then that, that one sounds 'ok' but they need to remove the damn greenery stuff from it, cant stand people ruining a sandwich by adding rabbit food.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looks amazing and the ingrediants are top notch, the only thing I would drop would be the black truffle mayo as I know that stuff tastes vile. £85 is alot for a sandwich granted but I spent £300 on a 3 course meal for 2 not so long ago and although it was bloody expensive I must admit the food was undeniably incredible. I would imagine the £85 sanger tastes pretty damn sweet too.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
I spent £300 on a 3 course meal for 2 not so long ago and although it was bloody expensive I must admit the food was undeniably incredible.

The main question is, did you get any AFTER? :D :sex:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
old.Tohtori said:
The main question is, did you get any AFTER? :D :sex:

Oh come on now, do you think I tight old bastard like me would spend £300 on any woman if I wasn't guaranteed a leg over? :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
Oh come on now, do you think I tight old bastard like me would spend £300 on any woman if I wasn't guaranteed a leg over? :D

Shame as it is...it's not always about the spendage... :(

You buy a fancy dinner.

Take her to a movie.

Buy her roses.

Win her a fluffy toy from a carnevale.

Take her to a romantic spot on the beach.

Don't notice she added some blonde dye to one strand of hair...

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Looked liked a nice sandwitch (and hey I like my sandwiches big), but foie gras, no thanks, and why the hell the BBC give effectivly free advertising space to some loon who puts that in a sandwich is beyond me.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Boni said:
Looked liked a nice sandwitch (and hey I like my sandwiches big), but foie gras, no thanks, and why the hell the BBC give effectivly free advertising space to some loon who puts that in a sandwich is beyond me.

It's a Monday, always short of news on a Monday. :) (18 years of being a journalist speaking).

The ingredients of the sandwich are: Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit and English plum tomatoes.

Not sure I'm that keen on the other stuff that's in it either and whoever said it looked revolting was right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom