Most Embarrassing rvr moment!?!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Didnt one of the hib groups do that with the Green Knight on Old Frontiers a few month before NF was released

I remember seeing a video or a screenshot of it

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i got plenty.
insta aoemez-ing a runner right next to the Glacier Giant. oops.
chasing some mid around Dodens Gruva and forgetting that there was a drop down to that Thane mob.
after defeating a pally for the first time i soloed in rvr as my bard, getting cocky and trying to melee an infil. did 50% to him though.
also, forgetting to stealth on my nightshade and going 'WTF how did they see me' a "few" times.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Hmm...not long after TOA came out, I'd managed to get my Sorc to ML9 and went out to try the big pet thing...

1. See soloer
  2. Mezz soloer
  3. ML9 stun-chicken
  4. Release stun-chicken
  5. Try to recharm stun-chicken (but on wrong qbar)
  6. Dex-debuff stun-chicken
  7. Get owned by fully red-buffed ML9 stun-chicken
Can't remember who the soloer was...but they probably had a good laugh.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Killswitch said:
Hmm...not long after TOA came out, I'd managed to get my Sorc to ML9 and went out to try the big pet thing...

1. See soloer
  2. Mezz soloer
  3. ML9 stun-chicken
  4. Release stun-chicken
  5. Try to recharm stun-chicken (but on wrong qbar)
  6. Dex-debuff stun-chicken
  7. Get owned by fully red-buffed ML9 stun-chicken
Can't remember who the soloer was...but they probably had a good laugh.

Haha!

Dunno what mine is, I've done plenty of mistakes on my healer, warrior and SB. Probably choosing to play my SB at all would count as my biggest mistake, as I spent tons of plat and respec stones on him and he ended up barely rr3 before NF came out :p

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Most embarrasing PvP (seeing as i hardly rvr since i played MLF) moment was when i was on Mordred playing my Eldy / Cleric, had just taken a legends group using pbaoe though walls in Pwydwen keep, apart from their healer, i ran out of the the room to go get him as he ran decided to only charge with my eldy as my comp back then couldn't easily stick a bot so ran out to get him. Unfortuneatly I underestimated this little rr 9 dorf healer who promptly dispatched me in melee... never looked at a dorf the same way since :(

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think mine was one day we set out to do a Guild keeptake. They didn't have Rams, so I went to get some from my vault (These are old rams, not the new mini-ones).

I think I managed to carry 3, with full cleric buffs (I was lifter specced back then) out of the vault in Gothwaite. Then the cleric zoned to join the keeptake, and left me rooted.

So, I pm'ed people to try to get some buffs. Someone said they'd help. For some reason they thought I was in Cotswold, and zoned through to Sauvage. (This is when there were still porters, so ages for them to get back)

So, I'm very late for the raid by this point, so I dump two rams and run off to join it.

Sat on the pad, I accidentally deploy the Ram whilst typing.

Finally I run to the keeptake, now with no rams, and arrive just in time to see it wipe.

Darzil

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Well the worst I can remember was when I got owned on my sorc by an rr2 bonedancer, right I had no ras up but still :8 Since then I'm not soloing anymore with sorc :p

And when I was playing bard on lyonesse , I managed to use SoS several times against hib grps, it was hard for me not to forget I'm not an alb anymore :p

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Various things which I'm sure every banelord has done once or twice, from pushing Agony Transmision by mistake when I have the train on me, to pushing Tendrils (thinking I still have immunity) when trying to escape the alb zerg.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
1 thing tho not really my fault! Was when we were doing a relic raid, and we where dying inside, and i was the one suppose to take relic. So i took it and jumped over the wall, and was gnona run home. Every middie where dead and i when i entered the place where eras and shit is located ( pre frontiers ).

I ran along a hill with 3 albs chasing me, and i when i panned i all the sudden ran into stupid invisible mobs and died to those and the albs.

Prolly done alot more tho :D

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Not strictly RvR but it was in OF.

I'd just started playing DAOC and had sod all knowledge about what I was supposed to do. Decided to roam about the area and avoiding the keeps and anything that looked dangerous. Saw a female character standing by a tree whose name i though was Cyhraeth before I could type /say hello I was dead.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Worse one was after leading a relic raid for twelve hours when we opened the relic gate and i proceded to lead battlegroup to the wrong one.

RvR 'Oh dear' (or random swearing) moment was carrying the relic in OF from snowdonia with the hordes of albs right behind us and getting reports that several groups of albs held the milegate...
We charged and i used phase shift and got past the albs and through the gates.... alone... everyone else had got mezzed/engaged.
It was then i noticed the mid group standing right in front of me...
i went splat then luckily the hibs broke through to find my body, several mids and a relic, after frantic grabbing and a rezz we continued and were victorious

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom