Mortar ??

K

*Kornholio*

How does the mortar work ?? I've only used it once, fired it at around a 45 degree angle & it seemed to go into orbit... do you aim it like a LAW / RPG, or aim it more or less straight up ?

G

Gumbo

You just have to experiment lots, but you sort of lob it like you do with the grenades out of a 203, It just has a longer range, and bigger splash damage afaik.

K

*Kornholio*

I tend not to get too many practise shots in... as soon as the enemy sees where you're firing from it's either move or die, or both (which is usually the case...)

W

Will

Mortars are better fired blind with a spotter, and lots of people doing it. So much more fun.

I have started to get the hang of the rifle grenades, I used to madly over/under shoot, but I can almost hit first time now, and can hit second time.

I just wish the G36 came with a launcher.

G

Gumbo

theres a single player mission wih resistance called under hill or something like that, where there is some invading soviets and you can lob mortars on them from on top of the hill, if you change your position you can do it for ages.

K

*Kornholio*

I went through OFP, Red Hammer & Resistance, never once used a mortar... I don't think I even saw one tbh, the first (and only) time I saw one used was Will online... But then again, I only discovered the joys of the Steyr Aug right near the end of RH :/

D

Deady

Cant beat the M16 ;)

Any other gun just doesnt aim right.

W

Will

You forget the M21, the G36, the Aug, and all the other "far too powerful for their own good" guns.;)

And I prefer the AK since playing through Red Hammer.

T

TeeCee

Mortars - I lub em!! :D

Learn their range and you'll soon be enjoying the luxury of a huge blast radius that they provide - great for taking out an entire squad with 1 blast! Blows the smeg off those short range pansy M203 grens etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom