Morrowwind or Neverwinter Nights?

F

Flimgoblin

It'll never be quite as good as pen and paper in some respects (nothing is as flexible as your imagination)

but it might get some way towards it...

C

Cohannyn

I agree Fingo.. some things just aren't possible to recreate... However, this is a great opportunity for me to get together with my old friends and re-experience what we had when we were younger. Since then, we've gotten older, moved away from eachother, and time is a luxury nowadays.

I'm not interested in any of the persistent worlds out there, I'm interested in playing my own campaign with a select few players. My games won't be pure hack n slash, but with lots of roleplaying. I will award xp for solving problems, not by creating new ones (i.e. kill everyone).

N

nju

I myself have tried out Morrowind and did not like it much. Sure the game is quite versatile, but still it lacks the feel of i.e. Baldur's Gate and such.

F

Flimgoblin

I dunno, Cohannyn... have them wipe out the village... then wonder why noone speaks to them all the doors are shut in their faces..

then they have to go and find some story to pin it on someone else and thus regain their reputation by subterfuge and evil.

F

Flimgoblin

Njull - I agree, the feel to morrowind is very very different to Baldur's Gate.

Baldur's Gate is happy Forgotten Realms fantasy - thriving communities, medieval towns etc.

Morrowind is more of a desolate island: people live there but they're not your friends... they're all a bit weird and scary.

Hrm I wanna play morrowind now :)

L

Lanceloc

NWN cos I think its better than Morrowind.

I think Morrowind is good but it just doesnt make me wanna do any of the quests. I think its the atmosphere of the game...just too dull.

NWN on the other hand is a joy to play. The feeling I get from the game is a great storyline and gameplay to go with it.

C

Cohannyn

Originally posted by Fingoniel
I dunno, Cohannyn... have them wipe out the village... then wonder why noone speaks to them all the doors are shut in their faces..

then they have to go and find some story to pin it on someone else and thus regain their reputation by subterfuge and evil.

Hehe.. good idea Fingo.. though I was trying to make an example of how we prefer to play (i.e. not just hack n slash).. :)

However, what you're desribing is something I sorely lack in the MMORPGs today.. how the actions of the characters drive the story forward. A dynamic storyline if you will.

This is much easier to keep track of when you only have 5-6 players, and much more fun too, because then the DM can involve lots of cool NPCs with different attitudes and personalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom