morrowind on Xbox

P

plightstar

Bought myself morrowind for Xbox, expecting a poor game, as many reviews said, but they were all wrong.

I started playing at aroung 11:00am and I didn't get off till pat midnight, I was totally engrossed, I only stopped because my stomach was grumbling, because it was hungry.

Okay so the graphics, aren't great and the loading times are long enough to make a cup of tea. At the moment, im exploring the island, and now am level 10, with powerful spells, and wepons, mainly which kincked from vaults, also i'm on a cause to end slavery, which is great.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

S

Sar

Originally posted by plightstar
Okay so the graphics, aren't great

Well they must've butchered em for the X-Box, because the graphics on the PC version are beautiful.

P

plightstar

Well its not so much the graphics, but the near distant fog.

On some bits, especially in Molag Mar, and the Red mountain region, the fog is as close as it was in Turok for the N64

S

shabazz

wasn't the pc version like this too?

(sure the mountain was if i remeber)

S

Sar

There is fog on the PC version, but you can chuck the viewdistance waaay back on it.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by plightstar
Bought myself morrowind for Xbox, expecting a poor game, as many reviews said, but they were all wrong.

I started playing at aroung 11:00am and I didn't get off till pat midnight, I was totally engrossed, I only stopped because my stomach was grumbling, because it was hungry.

Okay so the graphics, aren't great and the loading times are long enough to make a cup of tea. At the moment, im exploring the island, and now am level 10, with powerful spells, and wepons, mainly which kincked from vaults, also i'm on a cause to end slavery, which is great.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

I am quite willing to wager that it's shit.

W

wolfeeh

Grrr

i was going to get it on xbox because it did really well in reviews, and what i've seen of it is good too....

but £32.99 for xbox version....

or £24.99 for pc version including the tribunal add-on pack....

bummer :|

S

shabazz

it is a good game - bloody huge, and a bit ard too.

I robbed the vivec treasury in me game. Couldn't ever go back because everyone would want to kill me :D Got pissed off with it after that (cos i needed to be in vivec for a quest)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Graphics for Morrowind on the PC are truly beautiful.

Honestly! Especially the sunsets and sunrises.

Game is blinding too.

/me pities the x-box owner.

W

wolfeeh

ah well

i ordered the pc version of morrowind w/ tribunal.... and splintercell for xbox. which looks fucking lush :p

tbh the xbox graphics of morrowind equal the pc... there's just a tad of fog.

P

plightstar

To:shabazz
I robbed the vivec treasury in me game. Couldn't ever go back because everyone would want to kill me Got pissed off with it after that (cos i needed to be in vivec for a quest)

All I can suggest is joining up with the thieves guild in Balmorra in the south wall courner club, and get bounty taken off your head.

Or join the Imperial legion and then you can choose your punishment, but before joining into a guard, and drop everything you have ever pinched, execpt gold and pay fine, then pick all your stuff back up again.

Or cheat and kill them all, everone on the island.

G

granny

PC Morrowind = 1280x1024 lush graphics, huge viewdistance, gorgeous.

X-Box Morrowind = crappy TV resolution, tiny viewdistance, ruins the graphics totally.

Still good game though, just not a game that should ever have been ported to a console, they're just not made for each other.

W

wolfeeh

fucking lol

at the thought of running morrowind in that resolution..
maybe after a pc upgrade :p

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Kill Vivec after the main quest and use his soul in an item.

S

shabazz

i didnt have a bounty :/

everyone was fine, except the bastards in in vivec who wouldnt even let me pay a fine :D It was just death on sight. I did have a funky invisible thing. Oh, and those boots of ultimatre speed or summin are funny :) And that levitation thing (i jumped the whole island, but squished on the way down) :D

Apart from the view distance issue, I cant see it being a game that shouldn't be converted - it doesn't exatly require the ol' mouse and KB (imo)

But, I got pc version, and it pissed me off :D

oh and wolfy, I was in the same boat :)

H

Happy Go Lucky

Originally posted by granny
PC Morrowind = 1280x1024 lush graphics, huge viewdistance, gorgeous.

X-Box Morrowind = crappy TV resolution, tiny viewdistance, ruins the graphics totally.

Still good game though, just not a game that should ever have been ported to a console, they're just not made for each other.

Or you could connect xbox to teh tv with a HDTV thingy.:sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom