More tank nerf inc.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
this is teh funniest - it is obvious that they are going to give mincers banelord - but some developer prob thought 'oh wait that would make them too powerful lets nerf banelord'

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
the interupts on banelord are fucking stupid as they are atm, seriously.....stupid

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Aeris said:
the interupts on banelord are fucking stupid as they are atm, seriously.....stupid

so is the casting an damage from casters :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
Incredibly retarded move, if true :(
This will only result in more people running heavier castergroups and rvr will become kitervr... such fun =)
Banelords as it is atm arent exactly balanced but nerfing em this was is fucking stupid :p

If its true that is.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
bye any sort of offensive tank in opted groups, hello full caster+grapple groups!

(unless future patchnotes bring something new & intresting to the table :) )

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Well its on the herald so i belive the info to be correct :)

And yes, bl is a little over the top, but you feel quite ass raped as a tank as soon as you get a couple of casters on you. Only thing that keeps em away is interrupts.

Yes, you can chase em but when you chase em you get too far away from support to get heals.. and then you know the story :p

Nerf bl could be acceptable if they nerfed caster or buffed tanks (i suggest making AoM tier 1 resists, while nerfing debuffing classes. Could be fine tuned quite alot actually.)

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i think its great imo and thats only coz i wanna play me wizz :D

but aye Bye Bye tanks geting groups now imo you will only see full caster grps now.
bad enough since NF with keep seiges tanks cant do shit as it is, so only role for them is 8v8 rvr or solo rvr now its looks like the 8v8 is gonne be taken away.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
last I heard tanks were about doing melee damage...

hybrids were all about the interrupts.

Fantastic change - hopefully not the last (*hint hint ml9 pets*)

Hrm there goes my excuse for not healing all fight though... hrm I'll find another one I'm sure :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
glad i no longer play my reaver, this would nerf it into the ground

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Hrm there goes my excuse for not healing all fight though... hrm I'll find another one I'm sure :)

Whatever they do, they better not destroy ML9 pets in PvE. I could not care less what they do about RvR though. Mythic do have a tendency to go about things in a wierd way - as with the Banelord thing.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Retarded change. Most likely its happening because the US fg's are still tank based primarily with 1-2 casters.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Funny how people can't think outside the box.
If you think people will run full caster groups because of this change you might bump into a nice surprise when this patch goes live on EU.
This will shift the group setup yes but Hybrid groups > full Caster/Tank, that's also the way it should be a group with both tanks, casters and support.
Ofc there should be some more changes to make it so every class has potential to get groups easily but I expect it to be comming very soon atleast before 1.85 patch notes come.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
We'd better see some hefty nerfs to caster damage output now or anyone who isn't a caster may as well give up on RvR completely.

Spell damage to reduce properly with cast time like melee damage. Resist piercing nerfed hard. Those two fixes would be a good start.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
ah well. i dont see anny reason to go banelord on my heretic now :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone else think 1.84 is the laziest patch ever, zero effort.

Devs obviously putting too much time into their new toy IMO.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Whatever they do, they better not destroy ML9 pets in PvE. I could not care less what they do about RvR though. Mythic do have a tendency to go about things in a wierd way - as with the Banelord thing.

Why, out of interest ?

Just so that people can solo hard encounters with them, and then tell anyone who wants help with that encounter that it's soloable, so why do they need help ?

Or are they balanced in PvE in some way that escapes my notice ?

Darzil

Light

Loyal Freddie
I think BL needed toning down a bit as i play a caster myself, but this is rather over the top (as usual).

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Well, I guess as a reaver this is a bigger reason for me to QQ than most of you :(

Not many bomb grps left, I suspect this will be the final nail in the coffin...

Oh well, don't worry, I'm sure to compensate all tanks everywhere they'll up cast speed and spell damage...

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
Well, I guess as a reaver this is a bigger reason for me to QQ than most of you :(

Not many bomb grps left, I suspect this will be the final nail in the coffin...

Oh well, don't worry, I'm sure to compensate all tanks everywhere they'll up cast speed and spell damage...

In fact if I am reading the fotmmessages correctly Reaverbodyguards are the next big thing anyway... this just makes the choice easier.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Long overdue, another step in the right direction.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

Last time i looked Reavers were bloody hybrids :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom