More strange NPCs in Camelot

A

Aurelius LH

Walking through Camelot, noticed a message that a spell had just been cast by 'The Mute' - which was such an unusual name I went into the building to see what was happening (the house almost opposite 'Ye Mug' tavern), and found this bunch...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.armstrong70/Threateners.jpg

All are hostile, apart from Snow - and they seem to be threatening the guy upstairs, Gareth...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.armstrong70/Gareth.jpg

OOC - The chat log didn't get the bits I wanted, but every few minutes they go speak to Gareth, and are clearly threatening to burn down his fort and kill the inhabitants - I've not got any of them to respond to me yet, Gareth and Snow react when you click on them but have only recited pre-set speeches to me so far, so I'm probably missing a key word or phrase.

O

old.Hendrick

I went to talk to Gareth today. He is a member of the Guild of Shadows and so far I met him twice, and I think I am in fact the first person who ever met Gareth. A few months ago, at the ball in Camelot, Sergeant Byron approached me to go meet Gareth in Cotswold, where Gareth send me and some others to the Ellyl camp where we recovered some scrolls that the Guild of Shadows wanted. This was also the first time we met Sloeman the Yellow. After the incident we gave the scrolls to Gareth and he rewarded us with experience. Since some people failed to give their scrolls to Gareth, who vanished pretty quickly, the man re-appeared a few days later in Camelot. People had the chance to turn in their scrolls again that day. This was the last time I met Gareth.

In general, he is a guy from the Shadow-Guild, and he does not like people outisde the guild much. I never saw him so well armed though, for now he carries two longsword and a two-hander with him, whereas in the past he never showed a blade.

Anyway, here is what he said to me (in the usual quest-like text-box that pops up when you talk to an NPC):

"Ah, I hate this girl. But she'll be the first to give in, that's personal now. Well, and you, what do you want?

Oh, I'm sorry Hendrick, I hadn't recognized you! You look surprised my dear! You should have realized that your deeds in the Guild of Shadows are now quite known. Well yes, I've been watching your progresses for quite some time now. So what brings you here? Excuse me for the way my mercenaries greeted you..."

After this, I tried some words, amongst them "Geersha", "strangers", "Sloeman the Yellow", "guild of shadows"... until he eventually responded to the word "mercenary":

"Yes, these damn mercenaries. To you, I can tell it, Hendrick, we really need them this time. But as there is a little, hum... argument between Snow and me, she is asking for heavy fees. Listen, maybe you could [help] me with something."

Now, if I say help all I get is the message "only characters under level 20 can perform tasks", which leads me to believe that this event is a bit bugged at the moment. A mercenary under level 20 tried to talk to Gareth but could get nothing out of him.

I have sent an E-Mail to Rightnow with a screenshot about this.

It would be worth having some other mercenaries trying to talk to him, and infiltrators as well. Myste, a cabalist, already talked with him and also got no real answers.

A

Aurelius LH

Hendrick,

I tried speaking to Gareth with a low level mercenary, and apparently I was beneath his notice - even Mercenary did not trigger a response from him. Maybe, as you suggested, it's level dependent - or maybe realm rank, or a faction status...

Having sorted through my text log, here's what I've found....

Three of the people downstairs (Snow, Mist, The Mute) head upstairs to talk to Gareth, leaving the one called Mercenary downstairs. The conversation they have is as follows, for some reason you do not get told who is actually speaking but you can work it out from the conversation :

First of all, when downstairs, Snow says

"Well, let's go now, he should be ready now!"

and they head up. Once face to face with Gareth, the conversation goes

"Hail Gareth ! So, did you change your mind?
All right, if I understand well, it is useless to try to have you act in a reasonable way, at least once in your life...
If Gareth seems pretty annoyed, Snow's smile shows both her amusement and her contempt.
But what do you want exactly?! I don't like to waste my time, so spit it or get lost, but choose now!
What do I want? Well, it seems quite simple, isn't it? You are the one who is wasting our time, Gareth, you won't have us for free, and if you want to save your pitiful fort, then you're going to pay the price!
Come on, let's get out of here. He'll come begging for our help when his folks will start to burn in his fort!
You won't get out of this so easily, Snow! I swear that if you get down now, I'll make you regret it for your all life!
Well, well. We'll just have to wait a little, now. We'll come back to see him in a moment, and I can guarantee that he will the first to give in."

Then the three go back downstairs again.

The Mute is clearly a mage of some type, as he keeps casting personal shield or protection spells. Not much clue what the others do...

The three are all described as 'guards' if you click on them, although all are hostile except Snow - and although described as 'friendly' I reckon calling her 'friendly' is pushing the word a bit, she's downright bloody rude.. :)

A couple of other pieces of text come up when you are downstairs with these people, which are :

Pensive, Snow is lost in her thoughts, near the fire poorly heating the room. She is definitely not paying attention to you.

They are dangerous. You only have to cross Mist's gaze, fixed on you, to realize this.

O

old.Hendrick

Maybe stupid, but they wear red cloaks and if I remember correctly, the Geersha and Invaders also have red shields/cloaks. No idea about similiarities in the emblem though.

Also, I'm quite sure that the fort is Caer Witrin.

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by old.Hendrick
Maybe stupid, but they wear red cloaks and if I remember correctly, the Geersha and Invaders also have red shields/cloaks. No idea about similiarities in the emblem though.

Also, I'm quite sure that the fort is Caer Witrin.

The geershas/strangers emblem is the same as EoO`s.

O

old.Hendrick

It's official - Gareth was bugged :) Should be remedied by tonight though.

A

Aurelius LH

Originally posted by old.Hendrick
It's official - Gareth was bugged :) Should be remedied by tonight though.

Damn, I'll be stuck at work tonight - make sure you post the results of the 'repaired' Gareth once you have them ;)

The symbol these new folks wear is a crossed swords (or maybe lances, it's a slightly strange graphic) on a red cloak, the geersha is an eye symbol with a tree shape forming the pupil.

O

old.Kram

If you say "help" to him, its not a bug, its how you ask for tasks, when below 20 :) - I tried asking a few other chars around Camelot for "help" - and one of them replied something like "This char dosent give tasks".

Anyways, please post more about the event, as you find out.

O

old.Hendrick

It was bugged since in this context, [help] is the trigger word for the quest to move on. :twak:

G

Garris-

I just went to talk to him, and got this response from Gareth:

"I am sorry, I do not have much time for you. Maybe another time. I found someone who took care of Snow, Dryden was the name, from the guild known as Lords of England, see with him directly."

G

Generic Poster

Isn't this taking the assimilation thing too far?

Leave the NPCs alone! :p

B

bulge

Hey Dryden, what was the outcome or is it still ongoing with the mercenaries?

Can you give us an update please :)

O

old.Hendrick

Not sure if it was tuesday or wednesday evening, but when I logged back on, happily on my way to check out the repaired Gareth again, he first did not answer me at all. However, I got word that something was happening in Avalon Marsh, and this is what I gathered, partly from being there, partly from listening over the chatgroup:

- Apparently, Dryden was the lucky sod who talked first to Gareth after he was fixed. Gareth gave Dryden a pendant which gave him control over a force of mercenaries, dressed like the ones who are with Gareth.

- This force was dispatched to Avalon to defend Caer Witrin, which suddenly got attacked by overwhelming forces of Geersha, Worms and Strangers. The Lord of Caer Witrin got killed and the invaders took the keep. After that, Geersha and stranger patrols terrorized Avalon Marsh and other parts of the realm.

- There were several named strangers, among them Otar and Vidknudson Idon'tknowbutverytoughindeed. Otar dropped some scrolls after being killed, and the other guy with the annoying name gave a really really big level 50 force a good beating. Legion-Level in difficulty, someone said. Eventually the guy died and Albion forces, together with remaining mercenaries commanded by Dryden, cleaned Witrin.

- The scrolls that were dropped could be turned in for experience. I'm not sure, but I think you just give them to your trainer.

D

Dryden|Prydwen

Hey.... my first post here

Let me settle some things first. I was very Drunk when i did this... just got back in from works X-mas do! So every thing the NPCs said is what i can remember.... what i say are from my logs.
Also... there was no highlghted words in any thing said (like [this]) it was just normal text

this is a summary of what i did that day.

I was in camelot... getting my con restored... when running back out i saw these new guys near ye mug! So i had a lookie.

When i spoke to Gareth he said,

Gareth: Oh, I'm sorry Dryden, I hadn't recognized you! You look surprised my dear! You should have realized that your deeds in the Guild of Shadows are now quite known. Well yes, I've been watching your progresses for quite some time now. So what brings you here? Excuse me for the way my mercenaries greeted you..."
Dryden: What mercenaries?
Gareth: Yes, these damn mercenaries. To you, I can tell it, Dryden, we really need them this time. But as there is a little, hum... argument between Snow and me, she is asking for heavy fees. Listen, maybe you could help me with something. Go speak to Snow.... i need you to hire her for me. Get rid of her..... tell her some story of bandits.... make up what you will. Just get her to leave. I know... tell her you work for the great Dierdre

so i spoke to Snow

Dryden: I was told to hire you.
Snow: Hire us.... what for?
Dryden: Theres bandits close by, i need em dead.
Snow: And where are these bandits?

(this got me stuck... after trying all bandit camp locations ect i started naming random locations. I also though why cant i kill em there all grey)

Dryden: Avalon marsh i hope
Snow: Ah... yes Avalon..... and who do you work for?
Dryden: Some guy named Diedre.
Snow: Great...... make haste to Avalon. Speak to Feather she will instruct you further.

So off i trondle thinking to my self.... yippee another quest to my quest list (51 completed atm ;) )

Well i find Feather in Adribards and before i even click her she runs to me

Feather: Master your here... the Blades are ready?
Dryden: wtf master? cool time for a new sword.
Feather: Heres the Pendant. Keep it safe.
Dryden: /gu rarr i got a pendant of the blades :p
guildies: /gu whats it do?
Dryden: /gu thats balls!!!! no fecking stats on it :(
Feather: The blades are ready for you..... they should be outside adribards.
Dryden: eh?
guildies: /gu its bugged.. tell right now
Dryden: /gu bloody crap game :/

So i wander out side adribards and see 30+ mercenarys

Dryden: /gu Get to Avalon now!!!!

thats the most of it... i think
and sorry if i dont reply to your /sends but im getting alot atm :(
Why do the all say speak to me :(

Oh yeah thanks to every one that helped me out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom