More Red Dwarf!

Kryten

Old Cow.
So, it's nearly official - 2 cast members have already let slip that a series of 6 episodes is being commissioned by Dave for 2011 - and likely to be filmed in front of a studio audience too!

So, anyone else looking forward to that? Or have too many people been sullied by the last Dave specials? (Which I for one, muchly enjoyed!)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Actually it's 2 series of 6 eps that are being made I think. ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It being on Dave is a major loss tbh, 22 min episodes instead of 30 are likely, so little time to develop any decent plot.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I don't know what to expect, the Dave specials were pretty bad. They were watchable, but there was so many things wrong with them.

If it's not set on Earth, set in space and more of the humour is character driven, it should be decent.

It probably won't be though and we'll end up with horrible, clichéd attempts at postmodernist self-referentiality and interxtuality in a sitcom that has no place for it, like the specials were (the bus and coronation street being the primary bearers of these problems)...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Hopefully being infront of an audience will bring back the old Red Dwarf feel.

Looking forward to it!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They should just let it be, it was great at the time. The specials were simply not funny. I doubt any new episodes will be.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
So, it's nearly official - 2 cast members have already let slip that a series of 6 episodes is being commissioned by Dave for 2011 - and likely to be filmed in front of a studio audience too!

So, anyone else looking forward to that? Or have too many people been sullied by the last Dave specials? (Which I for one, muchly enjoyed!)

Sorry, but Coronation Dwarf kind of ruined it. It's time to accept that Rob Grant was the funny one and Doug Naylor is just a soap watching sci-fi geek. I think the books say as much, "The Last Human" was attrocious whereas "Backwards" was a worthy continuation of the series.

Just my opinion.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
So long as its better than the Dave specials, its a step in the right direction. There were a few laughs in the specials but mostly it seemed a bit tired and past its time.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
It being on Dave is a major loss tbh, 22 min episodes instead of 30 are likely, so little time to develop any decent plot.

Not necessarily. Argumental is a Dave show, and that's 40 mins long, so they can squeeze the ads in, but still leave 30 mins of content, giving them the option of selling it back to the beeb if it's successful.

Plus it fits with the rest of their schedule, as most of their stuff, like Mock the Week, is 40 mins to allow time to fit the ads in.

It's generally 1hr shows like top gear that get snipped in places.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The specials weren't the best Dwarf but given the choice between mediocre Red Dwarf on Dave or shit like this on Beeb, I'm "GO DAVE GO!" all the way.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She got a second season?

Maybe enough fatties and losers watched her and felt good about themselves... :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've never found a single thing she's ever done funny.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It was critically panned by everyone newspaper/critic I saw, so how on Earth?! No-one even watched it IIRC.

Probably using it to tick two equal opportunity boxes: obese and female comedian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom