More noob help!

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
In BF1942 & Vietnam I'm trying to use my joystick pov-hat for mouselook whilst flying and I'm not getting anywhere!

I've tried code that I found during my hunt for help, but I can't seem get it working - I found 2 code examples but the syntax was slightly different in each one (plus one webpage wasn't in English!).

I don't know the syntax for this stuff said:
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIMouseLook IDFGameController_0 IDButton_6 c_CMPushAndHold 1
ControlMap.addButtonsToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFGameController_0 IDButton_7 IDButton_9 1
ControlMap.addButtonsToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFGameController_0 IDButton_10 IDButton_8 1

I think the code above should make the joy_button6 bound to "look" and the pov-hat (buttons 7-10) control the x-y axis. But everytime I try it (with numerous combo's in syntax) I get no response from the hat. In the case above the joy_button6 becomes "mouselook", the game seems to disregard the ButtonsToAxisMapping command and reverts back to the mouse-axis (without me opening the controls menu in-game). PS the "1"'s at the end of each line were included in my stab-in-the-dark syntax kung-fu. Also, I can happily bind the pov-hat to anything else I want, so I know it's the right button designation...

:(

Soz, I know this must be old hat (heh).

:D

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
I too would find this useful if it's possible since I use a sidewinder joystick with it's flimsy POV button :(

However in BF:V i've found in certain heli's you can't actually look around? Is this because I use the nose camera or what?

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I have found how to use the joystick axis as a mouselook:

ControlMap.addAxisToAxismapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_2 0 1
ControlMap.addAxisToAxismapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_1 1 1

Seems ok...looks like some peeps are using their joystick software to reassign the pov buttons to "shift-button#" to eliminate the need to hold down that extra button...:eek7:

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
Paradroid said:
ControlMap.addAxisToAxismapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_2 0 1
ControlMap.addAxisToAxismapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_1 1 1

ah thanks. I'll give that a try now :)

xane

Fledgling Freddie
where do you put these commands, is there an autoexec script ?

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
xane said:
where do you put these commands, is there an autoexec script ?

Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings\profiles\custom*\controls

*Your custom game

There are different .con files for each control set (land/sea/air/foot).

I think it's pretty much the same as BF1942...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom