More news about Prydwen

Martok

Part of the furniture
[31-08-2005] News about Prydwen

The database has been purged of the corrupted files that have been discovered and Prydwen was restarted today for internal testing. We will keep you informed of the results of these checks in the next news concerning the situation on the server. We apologise once more to all players who have been deprived of their characters since last week.

for thoughs of you who havnt already seen

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
purge teh foul file corrupters and restore the database to its former glory

aye

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
I strongly advice GOA to purchase Purge II, since Purge I has a to long delay on it. :touch:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Lol Cognax... Looks like GoA has low RR techies who can't afford Purge II and they had to ask the Mythic high RR gank group to come over.

But they don't have a port to our european realm and they had to go by boat and well we all know, it takes quite a while, especially when you lag off the boat and forget to take a breathing potion.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Plus they were encumbered and were carrying this fat troll!

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
mmm, you didnt mention this was posted BEFORE the above pryd update

[31-08-2005] Maintenance on Thursday the 1st of September (morning)
A short maintenance operation will be carried out on Thursday morning to implement a patch. This patch aims to solve the problem of crashes occuring when consignment merchant listings were searched. The servers will be shut down at around 10.30 a.m. and should reopen before 12 noon. [...]

2 none working weekend days, and 6 working days... and prydwen restoration is priority?

makes me laugh so much.....

:touch:

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
They can't do anything while Mythic aren't about, so perhaps (omg here comes some logic), when they come into work in the morning they decided to work on the ME problems, until Mythic got into work, then they went back to the pryd problems.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
stupeh said:
They can't do anything while Mythic aren't about, so perhaps (omg here comes some logic), when they come into work in the morning they decided to work on the ME problems, until Mythic got into work, then they went back to the pryd problems.

but what they do now with this troll, is he patching the other servers tomorrow? :eek2:

DirtyDiana

Fledgling Freddie
if i was a pryd ill be miffed if they say they fixed the corrupt entries and their was still a role back cos that would = bullshit

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
DirtyDiana said:
if i was a pryd ill be miffed if they say they fixed the corrupt entries and their was still a role back cos that would = bullshit
after 1 week we so or so miffed

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
A roll back is the last thing they want to do - a roll back may seem to solve a problem but rarely sorts out the cause, I think they have gone the right way about this - Identify the problem, fix it, test it then re-open. Pain and I am missing my toons on Pryd - only got thid lvl stuff on excal - 1 or 2 higher but play so little on excal I can't see me putting much effort into them. But looks like Pryd will be with us soon - Hoozah

PS - A big thankyou to Xalin for updating us and keeping us informed FH may not be the official source of news but thank god Xalin is about - as he/she stated not the perfect way of dealing with your customers but a good service from him/her - Xalin for a pay rise/promotion :)

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
A roll back is the last thing they want to do - a roll back may seem to solve a problem but rarely sorts out the cause, I think they have gone the right way about this - Identify the problem, fix it, test it then re-open. Pain and I am missing my toons on Pryd - only got thid lvl stuff on excal - 1 or 2 higher but play so little on excal I can't see me putting much effort into them. But looks like Pryd will be with us soon - Hoozah

PS - A big thankyou to Xalin for updating us and keeping us informed FH may not be the official source of news but thank god Xalin is about - as he/she stated not the perfect way of dealing with your customers but a good service from him/her - Xalin for a pay rise/promotion :)

carefull or our subs will rise as french decide a pay rise for actualy doing the job there paid for is good idea :p

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
they are gonna do a rollback...but only for a few hours before server started acting up...so only a little stuff lost instead of a 1-2 week rollback

Thadius

Part of the furniture
One good thing about server going down

GoA gonna get my money for another month, eager to get hot and sweaty with my sorc again :<

Martok

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:

GoA gonna get my money for another month, eager to get hot and sweaty with my sorc again :<

that sort of stuff is on a need to know basis and well frankly we DO NOT NEED TO KNOW :twak:

anyway im looking forward to being back on home soil, and killing things again.

Danhyr

Fledgling Freddie
i think they should open gorre for prydwen players and let us have some fun... what ya think???

fed up of thid excal zerg

Dan

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Danhyr said:
i think they should open gorre for prydwen players and let us have some fun... what ya think???

fed up of thid excal zerg

Dan

Yeah I think GoA should give consideration to a contingency plan for when/if this situation occurs again.
Gorre would seem to be a natural choice but others may have better or more practical solutions.

Slipurson

Fledgling Freddie
only problem with gorre then would be that it would be filled with excalppl and frensh and german dudes and dudettes :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Thadius said:

Likewise :(

And my kinkyfil oO

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Likewise :(

And my kinkyfil oO
Ok then, Ive heard infil and pinkfil but now Aha is a Kinkyfil ? shoudl we be afraid of what you do when your resting next to a tree Vlad ? hehe ;)

Jees I want my server back sooooooooooooon :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom