More newbie questions

carl

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so it's going fine, managing to level, doing some quests, learning the interface. I even manage to spend a couple of hours at a time exploring the maps without dying.

Couple more questions:

1) Some areas say I do not meet requirements to enter (little entrance west of Muir Tomb, big tree near Mag Mel, etc). What requirement is it - level, race, expansions I have, or something else?

2) When my trial period ends and I become a paying customer, can I just carry on with the client I have or do I need anything different?

3) That client I do have is the trial version that includes as far as ToA. Where can I find a summary of what additional things are in Catacombs and Darkness? Should I get these later expansions, or are they all geared towards end game players, offering nothing to a poor newbie like me?

Thanks to everyone who helped me here out. I'm staying now, and you only have yourselves to blame ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
they are called instances and have lvl req. cant remember those on muire :(
there are task masters outside that give u killtasks and u need to go inside lil dungeons to complete them. think u need catacombs for that.

you can keep on useing the same client u have whit no probs at all.

whit catacombs u get new character gfx, loads of new areas where to lvl. allso quests that give insane exp. catacombs if meant for players lvling 1-50.

darkness rising is meant for players who are 50 allredy. alltho get a few quests at lower lvls but most of the stuff u need to be 50.

id say get cata now and lvl there. cata is designed to be small grp lvling or solo.

dajnamajt

Fledgling Freddie
1) Some areas say I do not meet requirements to enter (little entrance west of Muir Tomb, big tree near Mag Mel, etc). What requirement is it - level, race, expansions I have, or something else?

It's called Task instance, You can find the Task master at the Bind stone in every little "city", theres 5 of them, ex; 1-11, 11-21, 21-31, 31-41, 41-50. At different locations ofcourse, if you're to high for magmell, goto task master and he will tell where to go next. etc.

2) When my trial period ends and I become a paying customer, can I just carry on with the client I have or do I need anything different?

Read at the FAQ - www.camelot-europe.com :p

3) That client I do have is the trial version that includes as far as ToA. Where can I find a summary of what additional things are in Catacombs and Darkness? Should I get these later expansions, or are they all geared towards end game players, offering nothing to a poor newbie like me?

Catacombs got nice Tasks/quests for every level, So it's worth the pain, and graphic updates etc. catacombs is like pve only.
Darkness rising is more for lvl45-50 only but :p
www.camelot-europe.com for the [?] you need to fill out ;D

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
To enter the little dungeons that you can't get into at the moment, you need to activate catacombs on your account, and then get a task from the taskmaster. It will be something like 'Flibblewob has taken over the caves to the South! Go kill him!' and you enter a kind of mini-dungeon just for yourself or your group. When you complete the task, you get a god amount of experience. They make levelling much easier, so I would recommend buying Catacombs if you intend to stay so that you can make use of these.

Also in Catacombs, there are lots of new zones and things, as previous poster said, it's all PvE stuff really, but it's fun and quite challenging PvE. There are also lots and lots of quests in the catacombs areas, which make it much easier to level, and you can make use of it right fom level 1 all the way up to level 50.

As for Darkness Rising, I would recommend holding off buying it for now, since at low levels you don't gain anything from it. As far as I know, the very first thing you can do starts at level 30, nothing below this, so it's probably worth getting yourself a bit more established before buying it. Once you get to a decent level though, I would say it's definitely worth getting. You must have catacmobs on your account before you can activate Darkness Rising.

You can continue to use your free toa client for as long as you like - obviously if you do choose to buy catacombs and/or Darkness Rising, you will need to install the new clients to do this.

Glad to hear you've decided to subscribe past the free month :D

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
You may find dungeons a bit hard in Catacombs client insta dungeons/task dungeons - depends on your armour etc as mobs are always configured to roughly match your level if you are solo , slighty higher depending on how many in your group, if you have access to buffs from a buffbot you need the AOE ones that last 15/20 mins - those carry into the dungeon with you, but direct buffs do not. If you can get some cash get yourself some decent items, or you can also buy buff pots off alchemists that give you extra Str Dex etc for a limited period - they aint great but may help you put a mob down quicker at lower levels if your armour etc isnt the best - Housing is always a good place for your shopping, and remember if you go to the entrance to housing (teleporters usually offer this choice) there is a small dude stood near the Market Explorer - click on him and he will teleport you to the other server from yourself (Excalibur/Prydwen) and you can compare prices across the 2 servers and get yourself the best price on any items you need....

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Vell said:
It will be something like 'Flibblewob has taken over the caves to the South!

Wondered why they're so obsessed with taking over these caves, no natural light, no plumbing, no heating....but then i realised they're probably good places to keep beer cool - they're now just waiting for Tesco to be invented and start home delivery :drink:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Housing is always a good place for your shopping, and remember if you go to the entrance to housing (teleporters usually offer this choice) there is a small dude stood near the Market Explorer - click on him and he will teleport you to the other server from yourself (Excalibur/Prydwen) and you can compare prices across the 2 servers and get yourself the best price on any items you need....

I have to add items on Excalibur are usually a lot cheaper and you've got more choice...I discovered that after buying lots of items from the Prydwen Market Explorer and compared the prices with the Excalibur one afterwards :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom