More Hotbars Needed!

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
After playing my Heretic for a little time now it has made me realise that 3 hotbars aint enough, an extra couple of hotbars would be nice :) especially when out in rvr and need the quick response times without selecting 1-10 on each hotbar, especially now i have ml10 and cl5 and loads of ra's like rr5,baod,di,mcl,moc + all the utility they have + item charges etc :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I tend to work with a fair bit of quickbinds in addition to the hotbars. Are you doing that ?

Darzil

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Wow you actually have (3x10x10) 300 styles/abilities/RA's?
Seriously I have like 8 QBs max on my Cleric and not even getting near the 30 I could use with the 3 bars total, don't even think 1 class in the game has 300 abilities to put up there unless you ofc use Macro's for alot of stuff.

Ardas Nails

OT Photoshop King
3 quickbars without changing the qbar page = 30 slots, not 300.. he wants more quickbars so he doesn't have to change the page as it takes to long in the heat of battle.

I agree though, could use just a couple more slots :p

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
My Qbars on-screen simultaneously would definitely be loved by my reaver :)

Currently along the lines of

Qbar 1: Flex Block chain, Flex Parry chain, Slam & Levi & Taunt flex
Qbar 2: Soulrending, Side Flex chain and Taunt Flex
Qbar 3: Banelord on 3rd (though that'll probably be replaced thanks to mythic's stupid changes to that line).

No room for Flex weapon swap (for change from slash to crush or vice versa) TWF (or associated GT macro), Purge or any other RAs let alone arti/item

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
use mousewheel to change qb just before you click, just as fast if timed right

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Malcolm said:
No room for Flex weapon swap (for change from slash to crush or vice versa) TWF (or associated GT macro), Purge or any other RAs let alone arti/item

Default for weapon swap is '.' and ',' (swaps 1H and 2H slots), unless you've removed those defaults (and b for bow).

I remove all the keyboard keys I never use using the keyboard options on the character selection page (like the hot keys Y, U, I, O, P, which I think just bring up the character pages), change some of the ones I hardly use or never have to use in a hurry (so Shift-T rather than T for torch on/off), and that leaves lots of keys for doing stuff with.

I use the same /quickbinds for similar things. So taunt on pally is P, as is taunt on friar, as is DOT on Reaver, etc. I don't go as far as my wife, who has just about all her Minstrel abilities quickbound, and can pretty much get away with 2 quickbars as a result (she has about 15 other abilities quickbound).

Darzil

MaCaBr3

Banned
Ardas Nails said:
3 quickbars without changing the qbar page = 30 slots, not 300.. he wants more quickbars so he doesn't have to change the page as it takes to long in the heat of battle.

I agree though, could use just a couple more slots :p

What's so difficult in using shit-[number] while in battle? it's fast as shit.

I put the most common used styles and whatever in the remaing banks from qbar1 and use shift-[number] all the time.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I seriously doubt Mythic could add many additional quickbars that easily, it wouldn't be worthwhile.

They could turn the shift key into another quickbar, but you'd lose the ability to change quickbars. The Windows key is another option (I think), they could possibly have different quickbars for right CTRL/ALT, but yet again it would be awkward.

Just start using more quickbinds if you really must have everything available. I can't really get used to the multiple quickbars that well myself, ALT is my /face - so that one is useless, I do use CTRL for a few spells, but usually it's just the 1 quickbar for the CTRL modifier.

K

Karath

how about adding 1-2 extra slots onto the existing QBs? i mean its gotta help.

For example with the extra chants for pallys its gonna be a painful choice about twisting. :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
heh, use qbinds, its the bes toption, and also (if you ask me) the easiest. i move on esdf and have qbinds on:wqra(shift)gcv with jump/dive/face/stick on:x alt gv... so on my qbars i have buffs + 2 ra's on one, uses + cure target disease and on my primary i got shears + instaheal, mcl and rp - rest is spread out, and i honestly think that its possible to do the same for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom