More expansions....

O

old.Ramas

Mythic press release....

http://www.shacknews.com/docs/press/041603_darkageofhousing.x

Dark Age of Camelot: Foundations is the first of three expansions Mythic
will be releasing in 2003 according to Mark Jacobs, CEO, Mythic Entertainment.

Mythic Entertainment, developer and publisher
of Dark Age of Camelot, plans to release a free download-only expansion
called Dark Age of Camelot: Foundations that adds player housing Foundations will be followed by another free expansion that will concentrate
on further enhancing and developing the game's unique Realm vs. Realm combat
system in the second half of the year. The third is a major expansion,
which will be sold at retail in the fourth quarter.

S

Solarius

This isn't an expansion, it's a patch! Why describe it as a 'free downloadable expansion', however, is beyond me!

R

Radghast

any ideas on what those house wil cost? lowest to highest...there are so e rich buggers out there, they better be extremly exspensive or else all the plots will be filled 2 mins after patch. besides will be a bigger sense of pride if u and youre guild had to work hard to get youre home in the hamptons :) if everyone and their dog can afford 1 then wtf is the point

C

~Clarky~

erk, you JUST know Goa are gonna fuck it up when we get it :D

E

Elric IA

Well at least we know that the patch will be absolutely massive for housing, it seems to be optional and i suspect we wont get it till at least September this year if not later if the US only get it in June

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Solarius
This isn't an expansion, it's a patch! Why describe it as a 'free downloadable expansion', however, is beyond me!
Two reasons I guess.

1. A patch is something that happens all the time, calling it an expansion makes it worth a press release, maybe getting them publicity, customers and money ;)

2. Its a very large OPTIONAL download, so really it is an expansion. Currently its estimated as 40-50MB (read that somewhere among the housing docs)

Wonder how much farming Ill have to do for a house with forge, vault, materials merchant and a merchant to sell crafted gear for me. Hmmmmmmmmm - probably too much, guess thats what guild houses are for ;)

F

Flimgoblin

it's an expansion in that you don't have to download it if you don't want - if you think houses are a stupid idea, you don't have to waste your bandwidth on it.

R

Repent Reloaded

mythic should be working on more important issues and giving us new features that people really want, not some fucking lame ass house!
What they give (to my knowledge)
1. Inhouse Vault
2. Crafting area
3. A Place to "Chill Out"

----------------------------
1. Each realm already has two fucking vaults!
2. Each realm already has many crafting areas
3. If you just sit and "chill out" you need to seak medical advice.

- In other words houses have nothing to offer people who dont craft, It might make things abit more exciting for crafters to have their own spot but this novelty will soon die off.

What they could of given (OR looked into)
More character customizations:
- Able to put the hood on your cloak up and down at your own willing.
- See your rings on your hand when equiped.
- More selection of hair styles/Faces.
- 99%+ AF102 crafted looks like epic or a new design.

Sound effects:
- More realistic sound effects (When you miss your target make the sound a more aggressive swing effect, depending on what wep ur using.
- More "being hit" sound effects
- If you make a crit on your target the attacker makes a violent grunt/roar <-- troll

other stuff:
- More types of weapons
- All new epic music for email/odins etc..
- Take away some of the way overpowerd RA's

This list could go on and this is just off the top of my head, Mythic ... you suck it hard imo.

O

Olgark

I agree with Repent.

They could be working on fixing alot of issues that are already hampering the game rather than waste time on housing.

Things I would like to see.

A horse route from uppland to Bled keep.
A reworking on the spear styles for hunters ( at the moment all our styles lower defense. )
More spear damage to bring it in line with spearheros. In hib land.
Evade 3 / chain armor.
Let hunters have one handed spears and be able to spec in shield.
Increase spec points for SB's and Hunters.

Higher cash drops. ( only need to increase this by 10% )
Remove the usless RA's and the overpowered ones.
Give SB's a spec line in Staffs. ( general a rogue weapon as well as a spellcaster weapon. )

A increase in level cap to level 55 for players. Or the ability to convert Bounty Points into spec points. ( say 1000 bounty points = 1 specc points. ) Because at the moment the totems you buy with Bounty Points are wank.

I got loads of ideas for the realm of midgard but these are just a few.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Olgark

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

F

froler-mid

-More spear damage to bring it in line with spearheros. In hib land.
-Evade 3 / chain armor.
-Let hunters have one handed spears and be able to spec in shield.
-Increase spec points for SB's and Hunters.
-Give SB's a spec line in Staffs. ( general a rogue weapon as well as a spellcaster weapon. )

erm...lolz

R

rure

A reworking on the spear styles for hunters ( at the moment all our styles lower defense. )
Evade 3 / chain armor.

lol you are kidding right?

G

Gaiea

My gawd - people are never happy

It's the old 'waah waah why do they bring in housing when they could be working of class balancing' complaint...

My thoughts on the matter:

Mythic are constantly doing work on class balancing, much as people like to complain they don't. They don't always get it right, but this can only come to light through extensive testing and a lot of feedback. Yes there are still issues with some of the classes, and some bugs, but none that actually make the game as a whole unplayable or even hugely unpleasant. The fact is, Mythic need to wait for the feedback in order to do the balancing. I personally am quite happy if they work on stuff to make the game more interesting in the meantime. (P.S. Feedback is NOT construed as 3 12-year-olds complaing on 10 boards that their char is GIMPED coz they don't PWN anymore and it's so unfair waah waah waah)

Housing (the way the Mythic seem to be wanting to implement it), on the other hand, seems to add a new dimension to the game. You now have a new goal to strive for - the best-looking and most well-situated home in the land! And the fact that houses hold utility value, and not just an ego thing is a huge bonus. I was skeptical about housing until I read this artical, but not anymore.

The crafting aspect is pleasant. The vault aspect (i.e. can store more items) is far more than pleasant - it's a godsend! And best of all - NPCs now able to sell player-made items! This is something I've been waiting for since beta, and it's finally looking to be here! This benefits more that just crafters, people!

What's more, it adds an entirely new social dynamic to the game. An active housing economy makes things really interesting. I would be interested to see the upper-class versus lower-class areas developing in the game. It would be a work of human social and economic development in the making, springing up right before our eyes.

Personally, if my character is gimped due to some class imbalance, and I see enough people are complaining, I shelve it and play another until it's addressed. If it's not addressed, then obviously not enough people feel as I do. Too bad, I play my other chars then. The fact is I can still get on and enjoy the game.

Housing, on the other hand, offers a further way that the game can be enjoyed. Rest assured, classes will continue to be balanced ACCORDING TO SENSIBLE FEEDBACK. I'm not going to hold it against Mythic that they introduce a pretty good looking expansion in the meantime.

My 2 coppers.

S

Sharp Thing

Evade 3 / chain armor.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHA

HAHAH

HAH

<gasps for air>

HAHAHAHAHA

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHA

HAHAH

HAH

<gasps for air>

HAHAHAHAHA

agree

those changes would like ruin the game as mid would be totally out of line, SB´s are bad enough as they are

Z

Zordo

SBs are just fine as they are, its infils who need to be nerfed! :)

S

StormriderX

think a lot of people missed the sarcasm/'humor' of olgark's post :eek:

T

Trinilim

omfg

mate

what would be the point of infils then?

SBs would be the ULTIMATE assassin class.

Higher HP

Harder hits

2.5 spec points

buffbots

I mean omg..

Nightshades would go extinct

Infiltrators would die out soon after

50% of the midgard population would be come SBs

The other 50% buffbots.

R

Repent Reloaded

ok forget Olgark not so good ideas but check mine out,
im fucking correct am I not ?

K

katt!

Originally posted by Repent

no.

40 soon?

T

Trinilim

Actually yeah in a sense, but tbh, I don't really care if they make it so you can see the rings on the fingers :p

And I think what you said about the critical hits is allready there.

I've listened closely when my friar is meleeing, and there's definitley a louder <WHAP> whenever he criticals.

But aye, add more sounds, make the game more interesting :)

K

Karlo

Evade 3 / chain armor.

And give hunters insta heal, and self buffs.. and I also know a good doctor. :)

R

Repent Reloaded

Katt I've hardly been playing DAoC, I dont give a toss about levels, go fucking die in a ditch and stop bothering me on every god damn post I make, its gettin pritty pathetic. I could understand someone havin a go at me as much as you do if I actually DID something to them but I've done nout to you, I've not even met u, ur just some twat who's come up all big and bad with an attitude, I think its kinda lame.

K

katt!

Katt I've hardly been playing DAoC, I dont give a toss about levels, go fucking die in a ditch and stop bothering me on every god damn post I make, its gettin pritty pathetic. I could understand someone havin a go at me as much as you do if I actually DID something to them but I've done nout to you, I've not even met u, ur just some twat who's come up all big and bad with an attitude, I think its kinda lame.

40 soon?

A

Avena

What they could of given (OR looked into)
More character customizations:
- Able to put the hood on your cloak up and down at your own willing.
- See your rings on your hand when equiped.
- More selection of hair styles/Faces.
- 99%+ AF102 crafted looks like epic or a new design.

you take that over housing?

I got this game called barbie...you should check it out...

R

redknapp

Olgark,

What the fuck are you on.

Repent,

How come Olgark shared what he was on with you but not me.

I want real content changes to the game, not cosmetic pigshit with the graphics. I mean, cloaks with controllable hoods?? Visible rings??

C

Cuthervaen

hmm remembers how housing totally fucked up Ultima Online mood... MMORPG in a suburban residential area lacks a bit of atmosphere imo...

Well I hope they don't do the same mistake here

D

dakeyras

It's not so much the Housing but the later RvR expansion and the add-on that intrigues me.

Add-on will probably be just another SI i.e. more zones etc but I really hope they don't add any more classes and instead provide different options within each class , kinda like BG2 where a Paladin could spec as Cavalier, Undead Hunter etc.

As for the RvR expansion. How can this be optional?

The only players who ain't gonna want this are those that play gaheris. Guess we will just have to wait till the E3 launch to see just what this 'optional' RvR is.

B

belth

Originally posted by Zordo
SBs are just fine as they are, its infils who need to be nerfed! :)

You running around in gray gear or didn't see that "Left Axe" spec-line when distributing your specpoints during 45 levels? Or just blind?

Users who are viewing this thread