More Copy Control shennanigans.

E

ECA

My new Kosheen Album has Copy Control TM.

When you put it in your drive it says some files need to be installed so you can listen to your cd.

*click no* *load winamp* *play*

Fk off RIAA thx.

E

ECA

aghahahahhahaa

No.

And I dont think I will be.

btw it does play via winamp etc.

Just trying to make plebs install their software so you cant copy it.

T

Tom

Hold the shift key down as you put it in the drive.

S

(Shovel)

The shift key is only for a particualy type of Copy Control.

All the methods have an autorun program - the newest of which goes as far as to install a device driver on your systemt to scramble the CD playback.

Earlier ones are just used to get the built in player working.

What you'll find is that you're ability to play the CD properly is not a result of you saying "no", but of your hardware being incompatible with Copy Control, therefore the CC doesn't work.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by (Shovel)
The shift key is only for a particualy type of Copy Control.

All the methods have an autorun program - the newest of which goes as far as to install a device driver on your systemt to scramble the CD playback.

Earlier ones are just used to get the built in player working.

What you'll find is that you're ability to play the CD properly is not a result of you saying "no", but of your hardware being incompatible with Copy Control, therefore the CC doesn't work.

No, the shift key disables AUTORUN for any cd you insert. So any CD protection which relies on AUTORUN will not work if you hold down the shift key.

ie. They cannot silently try and install shit.

S

(Shovel)

Correct, sorry.

What I was meaning to get at though, is that holding down shift does not beat it unless you have incompatible hardware.

For instance, I said "no", but the CD in my Pioneer DVD-ROM still skipped and popped to buggery (this was the first CCCD I had). Yet in my Lite On CD-RW it plays in everything as if it were just a normal CD.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm Strange.

My pioneer 106 loved Dido's new album and allowed me to transfer to my harddrive with no fuss whatsoever.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by DBs
Hmm Strange.

My pioneer 106 loved Dido's new album and allowed me to transfer to my harddrive with no fuss whatsoever.

Might play fine on your HD but might be all buggy if played elsewhere...

T

Tom

Can't you just do a digital transfer of the contents, and play the wav files from your computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom