More balance to the force power in CTF?

G

Garf13ld

After playing CTF for a bit last night I became extremely frustrated when I realised that, especially on some maps, it is nigh impossible to stop a crafty flag carrier if he uses the Light side of the force. This is because he will inevitably use Absorb the minute he gets the flag making it impossible to PUSH or PULL or whatever him. This seems a bit unfair as it reduces those who feel more comfortable with the DARK side to defence and the DARK side has no comparable defensive power. I hope they even this in the future or make ABSORB last for a shorter time.

Z

Zey

it's a feature of the game... if u cant use forces, use some guns ffs :D

F

FragFodder

Zey has a point.... Watch them absorb a Rocket :D

On the other hand, you've got a point, the light sides absorb is very powerful and in its nature can completly nullify a force fight.

But dont worry about that... LOL, just use something that can run faster than he can :p If he's got his back to you, it doesn't matter how good at blocking he is with his saber ;)

FF

*Agrees with weapons in CTF CTY and TFFA*

G

Garf13ld

You miss the point. The point is that the Dark side has no such equivalent power hence a Dark side flag carrier has a far lower chance of survival.

F

FragFodder

Maybe... but doesn't that suggest that having Dark Runners isn't the best tactic in CTF?

If any of you have ever played Specialties in Elite Force you may see where I'm going with this.

In EF Specs there is a class called "Heavy Weapon" he gets the big guns, EF's version of the Rocket Launcher and Chain Gun (for want of better comparisons). No other class have these guns. These weapons coupled with the fact that the guy gets 100 Armour and 200 Health from a respawn makes the HW quite a kick arse bloke (Attacking Advantage, a bit like the Dark Jedi).

He's a Perfect Runner until you factor into the equasion that the guy is slower, doesn't jump as high and doesn't get blown as far as the other classes meaning that this guy (who otherwise would be a perfect runner) isn't designed for the runners job. He's NOT fast and when it comes to the flashy stuff that involves a Photon Jump (Rocket Jump for the Q3 players) he cant do them, doesn't get blown up high enough (in a way, like the Dark Jedis no absorb pitfalls).

HOWEVER he's invaluable for "Crowd Control". Maybe I'm not explaining this point as clearly as it could be explained, but can anyone see any comparisions between the HW and Dark Jedi when it comes to roles in a CTF game?

Dark Jedi may not be designed for running, but they can be better at killing than the lightside, even if its just taking a chunk out of the enemy with Lightning... Every little helps :p. Maybe the most ballanced team would be one which has thought about little issues like this and incorporated them into their game plans :)

FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom