More Archer Woe ?

O

old.Plebo

a quick look in the dictionary and:

Scout -
1) To spy on or explore carefully in order to obtain information; reconnoiter.
2) To observe and evaluate (a talented person), as for possible hiring.

A scouts role is to wander around the frontiers looking for enemy activity and reporting that information back to allies.

A scouts role isn't to crit shot an enemy player from afar and then disappear into the trees waiting for the next poor soul to come along.

In my opinion a scout should deal hardly any damage at all in RvR (perhaps not even be able to use their weapon against enemy realm players), but should have excellent subterfuge abilities. They shouldn't be able to win any solo battles, but only work in a group and get a larger proportion of RPs to take into account the fact they can't solo.

In PvE, obviously they will need to be able to use their bow to xp, due to failings in the game which means you can't really scout mobs.

K

krait

Plebo

That sounds like so much fun,that everyone would be rolling a scout.

E

erl

Plebo, the topic isn't about if scouts are supposed to be able to shoot things with the bow or not. Or wether they match some description somewhere in their current state. It is about that critical shots aren't working as they have done before and nothing has been said from Mythic about it.

B

Belsameth

forced to group, or an RP solo cow...kinda like me then. with one difference. Armsman never where uber in RvR and never will be.
you're mostly whining because you where uber, and now need to struggle for survival. like any other class. next up the nerf list are Assasins, hopefully.

O

old.Plebo

Originally posted by erl
Plebo, the topic isn't about if scouts are supposed to be able to shoot things with the bow or not. Or wether they match some description somewhere in their current state. It is about that critical shots aren't working as they have done before and nothing has been said from Mythic about it.

I can read! But considering that so many other posters were off topic, I thought i'd throw in my vaguely related opinion that scouts/hunters shouldn't really be worried about their crit shots in the first place, as it shouldn't really be their role.

C

censi

No other class has been hit this hard. ridiculous

Gave 6 second stackable pulsing blade turn to others.

Gave pets the ability to chase archers from unlimited range.

Gave casters in each realm "Near sight" anti-archer spells.

Gave all casters self blade turn.

Gave Assassins "Detect Hidden" to see archers at range.

Added 10 second delay to restealth.

Made it impossible to stealth while mezzed.

Increased draw times.

Increased fumbles. With 50 base longbow I often fumble twice in a row and sometimes 3 in a row.

Increased misses.

Increased the chance to "unstealth" when nocking an arrow, not firing. With 63 stealth 2 out of 3 times is the normal.

Added interruptions.

Reduced damage to sitting players.

Reduced damage to higher level players

Gave assassins 'See Hidden' on top of 'Detect Hidden' so they can see higher level archers regardless of stealth spec. It sets the archers level / stealth to 1.

Reduced bow damage in PVE and RVR by 20%. They didn't post this but one of the developers himself explained it.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Kladen
um i dont have see hidden and more than 7/8 of the people dont have see hidden.

also i have a idea if stealth is so shite why dont you spec more into your melee?

and if a scout could shoot as good as a bolter who would want to be a wizard(edit:fire wizard)?
That's irrelevant given the number of assassins about these days. Stealth is largely pointless, all it takes is one lowbie assassin to point you out to his friends and BAM. In my experience it's more like, you step out of the TK and BAM 3 or 4 PAs land. Back in the days before see hidden they wouldn't have been able to find you that easily, now they can see you as you walk out the TK door.
Go with the zerg etc. you'll say. In which case, why the hell have stealth? If you're in a zerg you don't need stealth.
Don't say see hidden isn't a hugely fucked up skill before you have seen it in action. Even some assassins think it's complete BS.

K

krait

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
forced to group, or an RP solo cow...kinda like me then. with one difference. Armsman never where uber in RvR and never will be.
you're mostly whining because you where uber, and now need to struggle for survival. like any other class. next up the nerf list are Assasins, hopefully.

Scouts have never been uber on the Euro servers.

We could group with other scouts i suppose........ then we'd become an RP Herd.
;)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
Armsmen add value to a group, scouts don't. That is the key difference.

B

Blood

Originally posted by censi
No other class has been hit this hard. ridiculous

Gave 6 second stackable pulsing blade turn to others.

Gave pets the ability to chase archers from unlimited range.

Gave casters in each realm "Near sight" anti-archer spells.

Gave all casters self blade turn.

Gave Assassins "Detect Hidden" to see archers at range.

Added 10 second delay to restealth.

Made it impossible to stealth while mezzed.

Increased draw times.

Increased fumbles. With 50 base longbow I often fumble twice in a row and sometimes 3 in a row.

Increased misses.

Increased the chance to "unstealth" when nocking an arrow, not firing. With 63 stealth 2 out of 3 times is the normal.

Added interruptions.

Reduced damage to sitting players.

Reduced damage to higher level players

Gave assassins 'See Hidden' on top of 'Detect Hidden' so they can see higher level archers regardless of stealth spec. It sets the archers level / stealth to 1.

Reduced bow damage in PVE and RVR by 20%. They didn't post this but one of the developers himself explained it.

could add giving infils more spec points, since they are 1 of our 2 primary predators

and you forgot lowered damage cap, and increased draw time (when they made Qui less effective)

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by old.Docwolfe
rofl your whining about someone who hit you for 918? wizzies can bolt for 2000+ with crits. Archers cant crit with crit shot

That is complete bull, above 2k damage from a single bolt is impossible - even with critical hit and the target being a level one lurik magician wannabe with taddered wollen cloth.

G

O

old.drac

2000+ from a wizzie?? how ..please tell me ..please...
In PvE i have hit for 2500 and im pretty sure it was on something grey.

Im not denying i have 1 shotted some even con casters...bout 1 in 10 times. Please post the incident details of you seeing 2000+ hit...would be interesting to see the resists , the con..etc.

btw the only wizards around are in Albion, bugging me any caster being called a wizzie.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen

could add giving infils more spec points, since they are 1 of our 2 primary predators

and you forgot lowered damage cap, and increased draw time (when they made Qui less effective)

They also gave earth wizards some spells! and improved spiritmasters - put that on the list...

Oh and epic armour, since other people get that too..

O

old.Odysseus

As for my former '1011 damage signature' ... That is my cap. It means that it is something that happens rarely. I often cap on gren and below cons.

On yellow con I hit for the following damages with crit (unbuffed, average damage):

Archer: 800
Caster: 850
Tank: 400
Assassin: 800

rough estimates, so dont flame for inaccuracies.
I have personally witnessed assassins and casters doing well over my damage.

beyond that, scouts have absolutely no group enhancing abilities, we have no self-bt, no self-buff, no nothing.

compare me to any caster:
they hit harder (remember 2-3 sec casttime, i have 1 sec more drawtime and lower damage per shot)
they can buff / pbt / speed / something for the group

compare me to any healer:
groupenhancement .. nuff said

compare me to an assasin:
he can solo, I can only solo if im prepared to fight him all the time - and the friends he will call down upon me.

basically, scouts are good at nothing that another class couldnt have done better.

and i havent even mentioned the 814 points i have wasted in stealth cuz that was effective when i made my char.

go read the scout TL's report and see how bad it really is, then try out a scout - when u have done that, come back and flame me plz.

its kindda ironic that we must solo in PvE, only to desperately seek refuge in groups in RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom