[RANT] Morale Abilities

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Wtf is up with them?
My Morale abilities are set up as:

Morale one - Big insta single target heal.
Morale two - Free my ass if I get stuck.
Morale three - Dmg absorbtion for my group.

Looks great on paper. Now if only they would work when I need them too.
Why are morales on a global CD? You have to build morale to use them which makes them situational. But to put them on the same global CD as the rest of my spells seems a bit shit really.

If I'm under a lot of pressure I get one of three scenario's.

Scenario one - GCD is finished. You heal your target for X amount of dmg. He lived, gratz and have a nice day. = 10% chance of this happening.

Scenario two - Morale built up, under pressure! Ability not ready, Ability not ready, Ability not ready. You can not use this ability because you are dead.........Have a nice day. 50% chance of this happening.

Scenario three - Morale built up! Ability is a light! Under Pressure! You have used Morale 1. You are dead........ *scrolls through combat log. Bob's big fucking claw fist hits you for more than your soul is worth. You use Morale 1, you die.......Have a nice day. So where did the heal go if I didn't get it? = 40% chance of this happening.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's a secret handicap from Mythic. Warhammer judges the player skill and the stronger players play with disabled morale abilities in order to give the weaker players a chance.

Some also say, foremost me, that it is part of the smoothest launch in recent MMOG history.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Scenario two - Morale built up, under pressure! Ability not ready, Ability not ready, Ability not ready. You can not use this ability because you are dead.........Have a nice day. 50% chance of this happening.

:iagree:

This one happens to me so much I have actually damaged the t key of my keyboard, when I decided I must not be pressing it hard enough I used a nearby throwing knife to press it just a little bit harder :)

I do hope it's something they're working on, like you said it a shouldnt be on gcd at all.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
They've worked ok for me since the last patch, but it is an annoying bug. I stopped using them as much as I should before the patch as they would generally cause me to die by relying on them. :(

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
bigger chance of winning the lottery, than getting a morale ability of when needed...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's a secret handicap from Mythic. Warhammer judges the player skill and the stronger players play with disabled morale abilities in order to give the weaker players a chance.

Some also say, foremost me, that it is part of the smoothest launch in recent MMOG history.

You seem to want to bang this drum repeatedly but it was probably the smoothest launch of any recent mmo...arguably any mmo ever released which says a whole bundle about the state of mmo's at release in general. One thing they did get right imo was the balance between the two factions classes and thats a big plus considering they never really cracked-it in 7 years of DAoC.

The entire genre is buggy, sure it's not easy to make em work perfectly from the outset but im sure some people must, like me, wonder if there will ever be an mmorpg which is relatively bug-free. Can this ever be achieved?

But back on-topic, aye, it's annoying clicking that morale ability at the crucial moment only to have it giggle and blow a raspberry in your face as you die :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's annoying when you see a morale ability pop up, you think you'll use it to save yourself and then you get the dreaded ability not ready yet. :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You seem to want to bang this drum repeatedly but it was probably the smoothest launch of any recent mmo...arguably any mmo ever released which says a whole bundle about the state of mmo's at release in general. One thing they did get right imo was the balance between the two factions classes and thats a big plus considering they never really cracked-it in 7 years of DAoC.

The entire genre is buggy, sure it's not easy to make em work perfectly from the outset but im sure some people must, like me, wonder if there will ever be an mmorpg which is relatively bug-free. Can this ever be achieved?

Right...

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I especially like my morale 2 pbae stun on wiz, run into bunch of enemies, press G - ability not ready - press G again - ability not read - press G harder - ability not ready, then tanks realise there's a squishy wizzy in front of them and i'm dead =\

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
My rank 1s work great. The rest aren't worth the space they take up on my bar. They just don't work at all.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
works terible at the moment... as a DoK when you are out of soul essence and have to use the moral abilities to give the tank one last heal for a couple of seconds... and nothing happends... well the tank dies, you die and everyone starts "why the fu** didn't you heal the tank?!" got that in a couple of scenarios... =(

Toel

Loyal Freddie
All my morales seems to be working fine - though if I'm trying to use em just as their off their cooldown I'll have to spam em for a few seconds or so. Guessing the cooldown timer's a bit off.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
rank 2 and 3 require a bit of mashing but other then that its all ok

Belsameth

Tainted
Morale abilities are annoying.
Rank one seems to work nice mostly tho.
What I hate more is the fact that cooldown from buttons sometimes doesn't show.
Slamming the ability which is, according to my hotbar, ready and repeatibly getting an error.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I think server lag is playing a part in this.

When scenarios used to be heavily lagged at peak times it took ages before morale abilities could be fired. There were similar problems yesterday in Dragonwake when we had the Order and Destruction zergs - morale abilities took a lot longer to fire.

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
Shaman morale abilities work just fine. Never had a problem with them not working as intended or not firing when I want them to. Any shamans here having trouble or is it simply just the fact that they sit on the same timers as other abilities?

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Mines working just fine, however on my Blorc they are not good, so maybe it got to do with classes ?

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
r1-3 morale arent so bad, the rank 4 ones suck for how long it takes to get the morale for them.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Shaman morale abilities work just fine. Never had a problem with them not working as intended or not firing when I want them to. Any shamans here having trouble or is it simply just the fact that they sit on the same timers as other abilities?

I got a problem with my pbaoe morale 2 ability as a shaman.

I am quite convinced it does not work as the text implies.

It fires and the DD part works as said, and I think healing works as intended, but not as it is said

Text says: "Deals X damage to all enemies within 30 feet, and heals your entire group for the full amount of damage dealt"

It seems like it does X damage and heals X damage.

If I am solo with it, and it right now deals 400 something damage for me, and I hit 4 with it, I am not healed 1600, not 1200, not 800, but also healed 400.

In groups it could be the 1600 being split (as I would suspect from the text) and thus if we was 4 in group, thats 400 to each in group; But it either has a cap or just heal a set amount when solo; not done testing while grouped to confirm how it works while grouped

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I got a problem with my pbaoe morale 2 ability as a shaman.

I am quite convinced it does not work as the text implies.

It fires and the DD part works as said, and I think healing works as intended, but not as it is said

Text says: "Deals X damage to all enemies within 30 feet, and heals your entire group for the full amount of damage dealt"

It seems like it does X damage and heals X damage.

If I am solo with it, and it right now deals 400 something damage for me, and I hit 4 with it, I am not healed 1600, not 1200, not 800, but also healed 400.

In groups it could be the 1600 being split (as I would suspect from the text) and thus if we was 4 in group, thats 400 to each in group; But it either has a cap or just heal a set amount when solo; not done testing while grouped to confirm how it works while grouped

Yup agree with that one, dosnt seem to AoE damage, but it does Heal. SO guess we should report it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I find the Morale 3 ability on Archmages (Group absorb) does not work properly. I used it and saw the nice little bubble around everyone, then a Marauder smacked me and I started losing HP. It seems either they have an ability which does over 1100 dmg, or the bubble does not always work :p

taB

Part of the furniture
My morale abilities work ok but now I'm getting more of them I don't see why the Morale bar can't have some quick swap slots like the Tactic bar does. They're a shag to swap about for different situations.

Poag

m00?
It's annoying when you see a morale ability pop up, you think you'll use it to save yourself and then you get the dreaded ability not ready yet. :(

Gets even better. When you get "Invalid target" when you have noone targeted...auto self cast for the lose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom