Film Moon.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
This movie is beyond awesome. Best sci-fi movie for 2009.

Imho, it tops any weird yet good appearance such as District 9, franchise shit such as StarTrek, and even artsy stuff like Knowing.

It felt like reading a sci-fi book back in the ages - so embroiling, so intense, so deep... made out of pure win.

Must see.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*refastens belt*

ah sorry, thought that was a request not the topic title.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
watched it last night. was pretty good but nothing amazing. Definately requires some patience since there's not a great deal going on but i like films which actually have plot, emotion and dialogue over pure shit action.

End was left a bit open imo :d

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just watched it, story and plot was rather crap tbh and could have been explored much better. I am glad the original poster liked it. But seriously, it lacked imagination for me to say that it was any good. Like district 9, this for me was poor :/

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was not expecting much, especially when I heard the director was Zowie Bowie. Story not bad but overly long. Took number 2 far too long to figure out what was going on. Sets were very good and the acting was first class though, oscar nomination for sure if he dies in the next few months!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Got around to seeing this.

Proper sci-fi, great performance from Sam Rockwell. Everything about this film is understated which lends it power. Knowing almost anything about the plot would spoil it before watching, anyone thinking of seeing this should avoid any and all info beyond the basic premise.

Brilliant.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Worth a watch, but no "amazing sci-fi movie of year".

First part feels like a rip-off and second part is basically rushed through. Feels more like a horror then sci-fi movie at times, with a few drops into UK drama. Bit too mcuh attempting to create a new 2001.

So, it's a good movie, but nothing special.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Wasn't sure about this movie, but now more people are commenting on it I will check it out.

*still waits to Ez to Moon*

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I enjoyed it, but shock horror agreeing with toht, the last half was rushed.
Disagreeing with toht, it was nothing like trying to recreate 2001, it was more like Gattaca.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I enjoyed it, but shock horror agreeing with toht, the last half was rushed.
Disagreeing with toht, it was nothing like trying to recreate 2001, it was more like Gattaca.

Haven't seen Gattaca(should i?), but the first part i was agonizing as it seemed like a "I can't let yo do that dave" storyline :p

Anyway, could've been more personal is the bottom line here.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Watched it last night, not a bad film... not the best film of the year but worth a watch all the same.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i wouldnt go as far as saying it is as good as district 9 and star trek as they are different types of movies

Its in the same genre as solaris, good movie all the same

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Watched it for the first time this afternoon. Didn't like it - but then again I don't like Sam Rockwell - I find his on-screen persona extremely irritating & unendearing. I can see why people would like it, but not for me

Really enjoyed district 9 on the other hand

eksdee

FH is my second home
great film. those who enjoyed this, have you seen solaris? (the tarkovsky one from 1972, not the george clooney remake) it's supposed to be amazing and in a similar vein to moon (suspenseful, brooding, etc) but i haven't gotten around to seeing it yet. i've only seen one of tarkovsky's other films, stalker, which is absolutely amazing and based on the same book that the game of the same name was based on.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I downloaded solaris but never got around to watching it fully - the first hour bored me shitless ( although same w/ stalker but that was amazing ).

If you like gattaca/moon find a copy of Cargo - really really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom