Monitors - Curved or not?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
My secondary monitor appears to be fubar. So going to make primary my secondary and buy new primary. Probably 27"ish budget £200ish but not sure to go curved or not. The only game I play is Elite Dangerous other wise just doing webby stuff. Got a 1060 to run them.
Recommendations?

Ta muchly.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
27inch curved wont make much of a difference. I have a 34 inch ultrawide and the curve is nice imo. I got a samsung ultrawide if you wanna know the brand but it was about 600 quid

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have a Samsung ultrawide as well (the S34E790C), you don't notice the curve but I think that means it's working. Without the curve, I think you'd notice that the sides were further away. I have it on a stand with a 32" non-curved 16:9 Samsung above it which is probably 3 inches narrower. I don't think a curve would benefit it but I do have the top arm of the stand out slightly further so the screen is a bit closer.

I definitely don't think you need a curve for less than 32".

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Thanks for the advice.
Seems that not curved unless going bigger, I can see why. I'll pop into PC World just to have a look at the stuff on display to get an idea of how it would look on my desk. I need 2 monitors and with my current 24" a bigger monitor might just take up too much room.
Ta.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I need 2 monitors and with my current 24" a bigger monitor might just take up too much room.
Go vertical. I have one of these, it's made a massive difference. I have the 32" on top and the ability to just pull it forward a bit and rotate it to portrait is a boon.

45-509-216_c-1500x1000.jpg

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Go vertical. I have one of these, it's made a massive difference. I have the 32" on top and the ability to just pull it forward a bit and rotate it to portrait is a boon.

45-509-216_c-1500x1000.jpg

Do you not get a sore neck looking up? Looks uncomfortable to me. I'm old.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Do you not get a sore neck looking up? Looks uncomfortable to me. I'm old.
Not at all. I thought I would tbh but I have the ultrawide on the bottom and, without its own stand, it's only about an inch from the desk. The bottom edge of the top monitor is only 16" from the desk and it's leaning forwards so it's not uncomfortable at all. Even when I slouch, my eye height is pretty much exactly between the 2 screens.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Hmm, still not convinced tbh. I like my main monitor at more or less eye level so another on top would probably give me neck ache. The bottom of the top monitor would be 20" off the desk. Currently the main monitor is wall mounted behind the desk with the cables in the wall, the second monitor is on its stand to the left. Once we move I was thinking of getting a double arm but landscape.
Bizarrely the second monitor has decided to work this morning but it's going to the tip anyway.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I had a vertical 4th monitor, but it did give me neck ache so I stopped using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom