Monitor problem

M

~Mobius~

I bought a new monitor to go with my new pc yesterday but for some reason at random it gives a message saying "Power Save Enable" and then resets my pc, although the message appears to be coming from the monitor. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance.

C

Ch3tan

Im sure youve thought of this, but try disabling power saving in your bios and windows?

D

Deadmanwalking

In windows:

Control Panel > power options, then look for a setting Turn off monitor etc etc or similar.

In bios mine is under power management.

S

SoWat

It sounds like the monitor may have it's own power-saving mode.

Try taking a trawl through it's menu settings and disable it.

M

~Mobius~

I've read the entire manual and there is a part that says if your monitor is flickering/showing nothing then check power saving isnt on. I've gone thru the options and all there is is contrast/brightness etc...not sure how I can change this power setting thing.

S

SoWat

Well let's look at this logically.

The monitor seems to be entering powersave mode.

This can either come from Windows (as stated above), or from the monitor itself (though I've never seen one that does that).

If it's Windows, then disabling the power options should fix it.

If it's the monitor, there must be a setting to alter it (did it come with a driver disk at all?).

What's intriguing tho', is the fact it causes your pc to reboot. That sounds like something working at bios level.

What's the make and model of your monitor?

M

~Mobius~

Grr I've turned that stuff in the BIOS off and also in power options...I'm so unlucky with computers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom