molvik hpk picnic day!

Outlander

Part of the furniture
just bigging up all the mids that took part today in molvik and managed to lovingly camp hpk with their groups pretty much all day long! well done to you! I am still in there atm and watching the current picnicers at hpk hill staring up drooling to gank the 1 person that might run out! oh well, glad at least the one ranger your actually fighting is managing to pick you all off slowly :) :kissit:

:clap:

Keitan

Banned
Aye was fun after taking HT cause then we had all the towers+ck . Then we could farm albs/hibs but i dont see many albs abt atm so i hope to see some soon :)

/Kobbie out

Dorimor1

Banned
Please stop whining about TK campers, it may be a bit lame but theres no rules in the CoC saying you can't do it, so obviously there will be people who camp TKs.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
could deal with mids camping apk as an alb, eventually enough albs will turn up to put up a fight (doesnt really help hibs though sry), but whats happening now is thanks to the mass production of warlocks everyones getting insta killed. At about 10pm gmt the warlocks must have had a ratio of 3 to 1 to other classes playing mid, as in 3 warlocks to 1 random mid class.

Playing my reaver there last night, stealther pops and i get the upper hand in the fight to a point where its almost dead, it makes a dash for a hole in the wall with me chasing it, one hit would have finished off the stealther (me at full hp now insta lifetaps) as soon as i get to the opening in the wall bang from full to 0 hp, wanklock power.

Yeah fair enough i ran into the hole in the wall which is a known target for casters and i dont really care much for dieng in the BG's it happens It happened a fair few times to warlocks. (bring on the nerf) Albs still managed to take a towed back, the CK down to 0%, make 2 holes in the walls, but thats as far as we could go.

Yeah warclocks are over powered, so are vamps really but almost tolerable, the things that make warlocks even worse evey tom dick and harry in mid has decided to roll one, not only that many people have jumped servers to take advantage of the overpowerness. making an overpowerwed class well over played. i'm just dreading whats to become of molvik and leirvik, the powergamers have reached level 35+ with the new classes, casual and random players are gonna start hitting them levels soon, god save the molvik/leirvik.

saying all that you'll still see me in molvik, i'm the little saracen reaver running around suicidal

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur:

I was one of the warlocks in bg yesterday, and I was one of the warlocks that killed you, but the reason you died is that me AND another warlock fired our chambers at you. Ever tried surviving as, say a warrior, against 2 sorcs? Its just the same, but you wouldve been mezzed first prolly.
Im still learning how to play one in RvR, but so far, im screwed if I meet 2 classes if one has range, since I can fire off chambers at one of em, but then I have to go uninterruptable lifetaps for a maximum of 3 times if im at full pow. If i happen to have the right chambers up and if im at full pow I will most likely win, but then what? If someone else comes along I can try casting powerless (taking around 5 secs unbuffed atm) and pray that they wont interrupt me.

All classes have their weaknesses, you just have to find them. Im having major problems with vamps atm, but a buffed shield tank will get the upper hand vs them since vamps need to hit with a 1h wpn to get pow (their claw doesnt count as dual wielding, which means they dont get the 50% block reduction) otherwise theyre dead.

And as for running into a keep controlled by an enemy, dying, then complain about a class being overpowered? Play a warlock, learn how they work, then complain for as much as you want

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
i did say that i was expecting to die running into that gap i dont have a problem with that. Its the intant death as in a flash. I dont know any other class that can do that. apart from a firewizard to a BD. but that just 1 exception not any class that runs into a gap regardless of what you are.

please oh please oh please try not to tell me warlocks arnt over powered. thats just a lie which ever way you look at it. Not only are warlocks overpowered every tom dick and harry has made one.

I have taken many a CK in the BG's just yesterday even though we had a decent group gathered, we had the CK down to 0%, a hole in the wall we couldnt advance any further, each time any of us got into the hole, or in any los intant death

we tried one at a time we tried to gank together, we tried setting up balistic outside, we all just kept contantly instant dieng from the lock zerg.

fair enough we were short of a sorc which would have helped but once the mezz is gone who evers close is dead,stil u guys are over doing with the warlocks, theres just too many.

but yeah new class everyone will prolly make, just wish you guys would wait till NF rather than kill off the BG's

Outlander

Part of the furniture
its not really a whine ^ just thought it was funny lol, cos never seen it camped for so long. there was loads of killing going on by the hibs it wasnt just the mids owning. there were several times I left from the sides with my m8 and killed ppl from behind. and it was great fun setting up catapults all over the hpk hill :D was actually a few catapult kills, first time I have actually seen ppl die from catapults

oh and about the mids and albs fighting later on, big up the albs for trying to take ck :) was duoing with my other vamp m8 and we had loads of great fights with your groups and with the mids groups you had coaxed out to play I remember when we 1st went for some albs outside the westernmost keep, was 3 of you standing next to our ram we had there, we legged it down and started fighting, and there were 5 others stealthers there lol, we cacked our pants lol :p anyways we killed 3 ppl then died but it was hilarious :D had a really good time

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Im still learning how to play one in RvR, but so far, im screwed if I meet 2 classes if one has range, since I can fire off chambers at one of em, but then I have to go uninterruptable lifetaps for a maximum of 3 times if im at full pow. If i happen to have the right chambers up and if im at full pow I will most likely win, but then what? If someone else comes along I can try casting powerless (taking around 5 secs unbuffed atm) and pray that they wont interrupt me.

So you're saying, it's normal you kill 1 when you fight 2 enemies, if you don't fuck up it's ok to kill them both, but omg if a third comes inc, you might be interupted!

You sound a bit spoiled tbh, alot of classes struggle even 1 vs 1...

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Well i was running about with a skald and a Warlock.. and my sexy Dwaf Warrior in are little guild grp having fun...

tbh warlocks are not that great unless your solo agaist one
and saying we are camping towers is true... but you can walk round us insted of trying to fight us head on... keep on doing it i dont mind farming Rp's if you keep attacking us.

hope them scouts lie my 2handed hammer back styles :) 400+ :p (eEvWel dmg)

hope to see some good tank fights Kuddles

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
All new classes from all 3 realms are overpowered to some point, except probably the bainshee and the valkyrie (altho the 70% snare is evil!). Warlocks do good cause they can unleash all kind of spells at you in less than a few seconds, which mean you either die instantly or die after some seconds (if they got a dot in their chamber that is). Their dot is insane too, did about 210 damage per tick last time on my enchaner which got capped matter resist (probably critted the dot tho, or the vamp was buffed to the tits with also toa stuff....usually the dot hits for about 120ish per tick). But if they dont have their chambers ready or if you resist 1 or more spells in the chamber, you can probably kill them without much trouble. Also qc stun > warlocks.

Yesterday I met a heretic for the first time and I was kinda surprised, as I saw their casting animation for the first time and for some seconds I didnt knew what was happening till I saw my health bar dropping down so quickly, wasn't normal..Nukes hitting me for about 400ish @ lvl 44 with almost capped resists, and they got some neat insta dd's too + they can melee. I died to him cause he resisted my stun, but the next few times I met the heretic I could kill him without much trouble as they cant cast if you stun them and send the pet on him so he gets interrupted non-stop ;).

I haven't duelled a Vampiir yet, but as far as I've seen they are impessive. The self speed buff helps a lot and they just seem like chewing on casters and stealthers like they're nothing. Altho they'll probably have much trouble with heavy tanks and light tanks.

So like I said, all 3 new classes are overpowerd to some point but they all have their weaknesses really :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
bainshee are hideously overpowered (in certain situations)...

but they remove the stacking effects in 1.75 so they just have some cheesy los exploits to fix up.

After that they're about average for a hib caster :p

A warlock should be able to flatten your enchanter if they know what they're doing /go the fotm uninterruptable spec. and especially if they get purge2.

Warlocks get a lot better as they go up in levels- the miniding points are rather important for them (unlike say a fire wizard who gets a minor spec in crapper damage nukes).

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Kcinimodus said:
So you're saying, it's normal you kill 1 when you fight 2 enemies, if you don't fuck up it's ok to kill them both, but omg if a third comes inc, you might be interupted!

You sound a bit spoiled tbh, alot of classes struggle even 1 vs 1

Most classes can if wellplayed beat another class in 1v1 (even healers, druids and clerics, believe me)

When I think of an overpowered class, I'm thinking that theyre virtually invincible. Taking down 2 ppl doesn't require an overpowered class. Not 3 either. Unless you think shamans are overpowered as well?

Besides, I think you missed the point. If I kill 2 ppl, and I don't have time to get chambers up or regen power, I'm royally f*cked sideways. A sorc/chanter would just see more rps coming, since they can just qc mezz/stun and lt/nuke away, since they don't need to use 30% ish to get a spell through.

Not saying warlocks aren't good, theyre very good in many ways, but they also have weaknesses.

That's what I'm saying.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
Most classes can if wellplayed beat another class in 1v1 (even healers, druids and clerics, believe me)

When I think of an overpowered class, I'm thinking that theyre virtually invincible. Taking down 2 ppl doesn't require an overpowered class. Not 3 either. Unless you think shamans are overpowered as well?

Besides, I think you missed the point. If I kill 2 ppl, and I don't have time to get chambers up or regen power, I'm royally f*cked sideways. A sorc/chanter would just see more rps coming, since they can just qc mezz/stun and lt/nuke away, since they don't need to use 30% ish to get a spell through.

Not saying warlocks aren't good, theyre very good in many ways, but they also have weaknesses.

That's what I'm saying.

of course you dont think warlocks are overpowered i bet you also think your awfully skillfull playing your "i win in every situation 1 vs 1 character"

as a warlock if you find it hard to kill more than one person at a time u really shouldnt choose one of the more difficult classes to play, maybe you'd find a BD chalanging also. lemme guess you already have a level 50 RR3 BD that was the most skillful class in the BG's right ?

any class played well can beat another class 1 vs 1 yes which is true but a lock can beat any class hands down 1 vs 1 being played badly

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
of course you dont think warlocks are overpowered i bet you also think your awfully skillfull playing your "i win in every situation 1 vs 1 character"

as a warlock if you find it hard to kill more than one person at a time u really shouldnt choose one of the more difficult classes to play, maybe you'd find a BD chalanging also. lemme guess you already have a level 50 RR3 BD that was the most skillful class in the BG's right ?

any class played well can beat another class 1 vs 1 yes which is true but a lock can beat any class hands down 1 vs 1 being played badly

rofl

since you managed to give me some class entertainment at work, I'll try to answer as non-sarcastically as possible :)

Yes of course I think I'm überskilled, I'm probably the most skilled one of them all out there!

No, I'm afraid I do not own any BD. I play a warrior, a thane and a shaman (lvl50 obviously). But all those classes are really easymode, so I guess they don't really count.

And concerning your last sentence, I gave it some heavy thought, but decided that no matter what anyone say, you won't get it.

Keep this up please mate, I'm looking forward to your next post :cheer:

EDIT: seems like i failed miserably at keeping the sarcasm at a low lvl :)

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
rofl

since you managed to give me some class entertainment at work, I'll try to answer as non-sarcastically as possible :)

Yes of course I think I'm überskilled, I'm probably the most skilled one of them all out there!

No, I'm afraid I do not own any BD. I play a warrior, a thane and a shaman (lvl50 obviously). But all those classes are really easymode, so I guess they don't really count.

And concerning your last sentence, I gave it some heavy thought, but decided that no matter what anyone say, you won't get it.

Keep this up please mate, I'm looking forward to your next post :cheer:

EDIT: seems like i failed miserably at keeping the sarcasm at a low lvl :)

no comment. quite dull actually but lets get back to the discussion shall we.
you were telling us all how locks are not over powered, where as i was saying they are and i closed with saying that anyone playing a warlock can win a 1 vs 1 regardless of skill. to which you're yet to reply.

one other thing if this warlock isnt overpowered why is it getting toned down, or to us NERFED. taken from the patch notes,

- Warlocks are able to combine certain abilities in ways that, in conjunction with a few of their high damage spells, significantly overpowers them. This is exaggerated even more because the amount of damage done by certain Warlocks spells is so high. To help mitigate this issue, we have reduced the damage for the following Hexing spell lines:

now once again would u like to justify why you think in patch 1.73 (which we play) why warlocks are not overpowered ?????

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Read my posts again, then quote where I say
Kalidur said:
warlocks are not overpowered ?????

Since you won't be able to, I'll help you out a bit; I never said that warlocks aren't overpowered. I said they have weaknesses, believe it or not but it's two different things.
Besides, if you think warlocks are overpowered at lvl 35-39, wait until they are lvl50.

And concerning;
Kalidur said:
but lets get back to the discussion shall we.
Don't go insinuating that people are unskilled if you expect the discussion to stick to the subject, you brought it on yourself.

Now go molvik so that I can use my lack of skills to kill you over and over again with my overpowered lock.

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
So the warlock gets down greaded a bit.... end of the day he will stilll own you if hes a good player... i cant wait till sorc's lose's bolt range mez..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom