Molvik Champion

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Gonna be running a champ in Molv, decided to go for shield and blunt.

I've got a spec figured out, just thought i'd share it here an see what people think.

39 blunt 31 valor 21 shield 8 parry.

Thoughts?

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
bah, i thought this was a e-peen thread :/

(i have no idea how to spec a champ)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
if ur gonna go whit shield, u should choose Luri whit piercing.
or i would try

32 valor
39 LW
21 weapon
rest in parry

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Why 21 weapon if you're not gonna spec any shield? Might aswell go all out 39LW, 32Valor and 21 parry with rest in shield/weapon

But as said if you're going to run a shield champ you better be a lurikeen that's shield specced

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Why 21 weapon if you're not gonna spec any shield? Might aswell go all out 39LW, 32Valor and 21 parry with rest in shield/weapon

dosent champ work like arms? that they have to specc in 2 weapons for example slash and pole.

CorNokZ

dosent champ work like arms? that they have to specc in 2 weapons for example slash and pole.

Nope.. Only albs have to double spec

Mids and hibs only have to spec one line

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Nope.. Only albs have to double spec

Mids and hibs only have to spec one line

Hibs only spec 1 line to use 2h weapons and other line to use 1h weaps where as Mid only spec 1 line for the use of 1h and 2h weaps.

Mids have it easy lol

Soulja

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Gonna be running a champ in Molv, decided to go for shield and blunt.

I've got a spec figured out, just thought i'd share it here an see what people think.

39 blunt 31 valor 21 shield 8 parry.

Thoughts?
By 39 Blunt i assume you're going for the combat speed decrease? (doing this offhand so don't blame me if i'm getting mixed up). Two problems with that: 1) it chains off parry (which you only have 8 in) and 2) you have a combat speed decrease, that it will over-write making one of your debuffs worthless.

I'm a big advocate of 39 Valor at least, anything less and it always feels like you're a gimped hero rather than a debuff tank (the champ's strength lies in fighting opponens who are effectively missing two important spec buffs all the time).

Also, the yellow haste debuff is godly vs 2h users, and combined with the yellow d/q debuff just makes polearm users a walkover (and last time i checked, 2h pally, sb, warrior and valk and pole spec arms were popular in thid and molvik).

Plus the snare and DD tend to stick more reliably - if you're not going to make use of yellow debuffs you really should think about making a Blunt + Shield hero instead. It will perform better tbh.

If you're going to duo with a bard/warden/similar i would suggest 39 Valor 34 LW 18 Parry since defence becomes largely unimportant provided you learn to use the snare and debuffs to avoid / reduce damage at the right times.

If soloing and definitely wanting to be blunt + shield spec i'd say you'll do better as either 39 Valor, 25 Blunt, 22 Parry 18 Shield (better defense) or 39 Valor, 25 Blunt, 29 Shield, 3 Parry (longer shield stun but gimping parry).

My champ is RR8, and he went through Molvik a long time back as the latter of the above specs. Godly - the champ will eat any other melee class out there 1-1 with the notable exceptions of Valk and Reaver (where it comes down to who has purge up / misses reactionary stun usually).

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I was thinking 39blunt more for weapon skill really, and 31 val for the best str/con debuff (yellow?) available in molv...and the dd.
I used to play a champ that i got to 5L7 so i have an idea, just fancied trying something different really :p

CorNokZ

If you wanna run with shield then why not go luri/pierce? First of all you can't hit something that small and when you finally do that bastard will parry/block it and by the time you actually hit him he's on 95% while you're on 2...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I was thinking 39blunt more for weapon skill really, and 31 val for the best str/con debuff (yellow?) available in molv...and the dd.
I used to play a champ that i got to 5L7 so i have an idea, just fancied trying something different really :p

Champ WS isn't great comparatively, so while that's wise you might just want to consider a Spearo - higher damage but lacking the debuffs.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I'm gonna test it out and experiement a little if need, see how i get on with it first.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Well, i got my champ to lvl39 today and decided on a slightly different spec which is...

34 Blunt, 32 Valor, 23 Shield and 16 Parry, figured sacrificing a little WS for much better defence, a 6 second back stun from shield and the better snare and end use reduction chant made sense.

I'm just in the process of gearing him out now, got all the items i want, just need a full set of crafted armor to get sc'ed so i got me some crazy ass sists, anybody got a AC'er that can sort me a set of 99% shiz?

Also, what is the RR cap for molvik? i've forgotten.....is it 3L5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom