Advice Molson Coors, anyone?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Hiya, longshot but meh.

Anyone here work for Molson Coors in the UK or internationally? They have an open position in Bucharest, thought i'd apply, but would like to have an informal chat with someone on the inside first.

Ta.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not a single product worth drinking right there m8 ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I gave wifebeater up when I was in my early twenties. Bad headaches and awful stella farts :)

Anyway, isn't stella InBev?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
They have a fairly large brewery in the small town that I live in. I've never met anyone that works there though; I think it's run by ghosts.

old.Osy

I gave wifebeater up when I was in my early twenties. Bad headaches and awful stella farts :)

For some reason, Stella is distributed and possibly even bottled by Molson Coors over here in Romania.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

It certainly is.

Actually Molson do have a couple of nice brands; I like Staropramen and Blue Moon is very moreish.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Staropramen and Blue Moon is very moreish.
I can drink Staropramen at a push but every time I've tried Blue Moon, which for some reason I think I should like, I'm disgusted :(

DaGaffer

I can drink Staropramen at a push but every time I've tried Blue Moon, which for some reason I think I should like, I'm disgusted :(

I really like it, less heavy going than regular weissbiers

leggy

Probably Scottish
Loved it in my 20s.. but now it just tastes like soup to me.

Still like Staropramen (and their Weiss variants).

old.Osy

Well, a huge role to play in the taste of any brew is the water that's being used - I've had Stella's around the world, and indeed in London, somewhere at a pub around Maida Vale, I wasn't impressed with the draft Stella they were serving, but it wasn't dreadful either.

The bottled Stella variant here in Romania I find to be quite good. And I do think water plays a huge role in taste.

Amstel is another favourite, with Staropramen (the original made in Czech republic, yea?) trailing closely.

Guinness is absolute wack, loved Smithwick to bits, got well hammered on it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This weekend, whilst mountain biking in Snowdownia, my evenings will mostly be given over to this.

They need to jump on their website tho. It just won silver in the Champion Winter Beer of Britain Comp. behind Elland 1872 Porter. And I think it blows the porter out of the water tbh ;)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've been drinking a lot of Brewdog lately, to the point it's the only thing I'll drink. By Jesus it's fantastic.

DaGaffer

Well, a huge role to play in the taste of any brew is the water that's being used - I've had Stella's around the world, and indeed in London, somewhere at a pub around Maida Vale, I wasn't impressed with the draft Stella they were serving, but it wasn't dreadful either.

The bottled Stella variant here in Romania I find to be quite good. And I do think water plays a huge role in taste.

Amstel is another favourite, with Staropramen (the original made in Czech republic, yea?) trailing closely.

Guinness is absolute wack, loved Smithwick to bits, got well hammered on it.

Amstel? Fuck no. Awful pisswater in any country. You know something is spectacularly bad when Heineken is considered its upmarket version.

old.Osy

I think Heineken is pisswater, but Amstel's good, for me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Going to take a trip to this brewery in the Peak District - proper brewed lager, not your "chemicals + water + ethanol" type of "brewing" that carling and that shite is...

Not tried it yet.

In traditional lagers - lager hops are used as a flavour reducer. So I kinda agree - but the only reason people can drink "normal" lager is that it's so cold it takes the flavour away.

A bit like Guinness Extra Cold. Why the fuck would A) you take the flavour away from Guinness - as it's flavour is the point and B) drink Guinness when there's a billion better Stouts out there...

:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can't wait to drink this in the summer.
I like the idea, but if it's a good drink then what does it matter what time of year you drink it?

I use to think like that but now I'm of the opinion that if you have to wait for a certain environment to find it enjoyable it's like having to chill a drink to find it palletable - i.e. the drink is missing something.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I dunno chum. For example, I enjoy weissbeer like Weissen Stephaner, Erdinger, Oberdorfer, even Hoegaarden in a pinch, but there is something extra yummy about drinking them in summertime :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
This weekend, whilst mountain biking in Snowdownia, my evenings will mostly be given over to this.

They need to jump on their website tho. It just won silver in the Champion Winter Beer of Britain Comp. behind Elland 1872 Porter. And I think it blows the porter out of the water tbh ;)
I've had 1872 Porter and it was yum. Couldn't do a session on it though. Bit strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom