Mods

B

Brinx

Problem is when our users take naps they tend to wake up angry and with a headache ;)

V

vintervargen

EDIT: No mathematical equations equaling +1 will be allowed either. Thank you to TheHunt for pointing out that little loophole

damn :( no more
+4^-i(yx^2 + e^i(nerf))/10ab{zerg}; 7/½+LA

X

xplo

Re: Re: Mods

Originally posted by vintervargen
damn :( no more
+4^-i(yx^2 + e^i(nerf))/10ab{zerg}; 7/½+LA

thats not 1 thats 1.45 mate

+1²

N

-Nuked-

yep really good post about +1 i wish +1 would get banned here also, no need to +1. just dont post if your gana waste your time doing stuff like that imo

ban+1forthawin

:rolleyes:

W

Wilson

Yes ban spammers please, for the love of god...

R

Rubric

No mathematical equations equaling +1 will be allowed either. Thank you to TheHunt for pointing out that little loophole

Can anyone tell me the formula for calculating how much i can add on to my skills with items?

A

Apathy

Banning spammers from BW would be like banning little old ladies from charity shops or pregnant women from maternity wards. There will be noone left and it defeats the entire point.

a.

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Apathy
Banning spammers from BW would be like banning little old ladies from charity shops or pregnant women from maternity wards. There will be noone left and it defeats the entire point.

a.

Watch it theres a new mod in town.

B

Belsameth

a.

that depends on what kind of spam you are talking about.
you can spam and at least post something semi sensible, or you can spam by adding +1 to every second post. the first can potentially be great fun, the latter does nothing but annoy.

A

Apathy

Well come on...all this whining about spam...why open up a soup kitchen if you don't want to attract tramps?

I've not seen much anti-spam invective from the mods but if those in control of BW are so irritated by people posting too much then there are plenty of things they could do.

A charge of 0.5p per post!
Removal of titles and post count monitors!
Increasing time between posts!
And so on.

Forum admins need to discover whether they even have the appropriate user base to support some utopian haven of constructive debate or whether they have a huge pile of people whose main source of income is pocket money who just want to type crap.

I am off to the newsagent to buy some Pokemon cards.

a.

A

Apathy

Oh I see...spam has different flavours now does it?

All spams are equal, but some are more equal than others?

Classy moderation! :great:

a.

B

Belsameth

thanks, I try :)

and as much as you can deny it here, you know it's true.
like everything, it's not a black and white issue.

D

Driwen

Oh I see...spam has different flavours now does it?

All spams are equal, but some are more equal than others?

Classy moderation! :great:

a.

there is a variation in how bad the rule breaking actually is. Besides no spam is equal you might break some traffic law and a policeman will ignore, while for an other you might get fined?

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Belsameth
it's not a black and white issue.

I should hope not. Lets not start another racism thread. :D

N

-Nuked-

Removal of titles and post count monitors!

this alone would lower +1spam by 60%+ guaranteed. why would anyone say +1 if how much they post is not being counted. what is the point of the titles and post counter anyway? :eek:

R

Rubric

Agreed spam is caused by post counter being there in the first place.

For a laugh and coz they dont have enough to do i think mods should go through and create a custom title for all of us & abolish the post count. :D

B

Belsameth

the counter arguement could be: what's the point in gaining percieved status by continually posting +1'

personally I like the postcount titles, makes it far easier to see who's a regular here, and who's not.
as with everything tho, there's always those that abuse it, and think that having 982987364 totally meaningless posts makes them better then those who have 25 really good posts

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Belsameth
the counter arguement could be: what's the point in gaining percieved status by continually posting +1'

Ask the many many people who do just that. Though these are people who play computer games where bigger numbers = bigger everything.

a.

R

Rubric

Do many people actually post +1?

Edit: 13 posts till 2000 by the way bels :D

O

old.LandShark

Let people develop their own idiot filters and ignore the +1 morons, or go all-out nazi on it and ban.... well, nightsorrow, adari, anyone who has used Excal/OT in the past two months, etc etc blabla. Or post-count resets. Whatever.
Don't think there's much point trying to 'curb' +1 spamming because, well, they'll do it until they're banned or threatened with banning, if they do it at all...

B

BlitheringIdiot

How would you make a filter to ignore +1 that wouldnt be instantly easy to get around?

Perhaps we should just pity these people as a pose to trying to stop them. Also perhaps Im reading too much into adari's posts but I thought they were a bitterly sarcastic poke at the rest of us... :eek:

K

kirennia

tbh, 90% of all threads are just spam...whats seen to be spam? Ban people who say things with less then 1 line of content in them? It's meant to be a relaxed forum, and tbh, really what is the harm in it...

3-2

T

Tyka

Would love if mods got a bit tougher on these boards i must say.

Sometimes it's like kindergarten.

V

vintervargen

well if you gonna remove +1's you have to remove all the hidden spam, like

"hmm"
"ok"
"nerf"
"pwned"
":D"
"rofl"

etc, cause they are just the same no?

Users who are viewing this thread