Modern Warfare 2

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Holy crap.

I want those NVG's :worthy:

Loved the first CoD, second one was great, third one was meh, then the fourth one reinvented it all for me. I think I must have put about 20 hours into the online MP, and its the only game where I've gone back to play it properly on hardcore mode in SP.

I thought my wallet was already going to be empty in November, as Assassins Creed 2 is coming out around then as well, but having just seen the prestige box....

*takes out a loan*

Cannot wait.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
The SP in COD4 was far and above anything I've played in a long while, in a genera that's been dominated more by graphics than gameplay for far too long it was a wonderful thing to play.
The MP was also enjoyable but ultimately killed off by Punkbusters inability to keep the worse of the "Hax" at bay. I'm really looking forward to seeing the story progress.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The great thing about cod4 was that it was great MP on consoles as well, this game should be great, infinity ward can only grow on cod4. The only fps to keep me hooked online since CS.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yep I'll buy a new video card for this one! Why anyone would want to play it on a bloody xbox though ...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
We get to sit on a sofa with a massive tv :p

Kryten

Old Cow.
All that bumph for an unboxing video? What is it with boxes that excites folks

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
All that bumph for an unboxing video? What is it with boxes that excites folks

Well if the box is big enough (and once you empty the crap out out it) you can pretend it's a space ship, castle or a hidden pirate treasure cave...yarrr!!

Boxes are awesome!!!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Wow just wow, I wasn't too bothered about the game or the extra editions but now I want it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yep I'll buy a new video card for this one! Why anyone would want to play it on a bloody xbox though ...

Let me put a few points why more and more PC gamers are going the way of the 360.

1. What you buy is what you buy no spending £400 to upgrade every 6 months for the 3 games worth getting for the PC every year, lets face it half the PC games aren't worth the dvd they are printed on.

2. No messing about with annoying drivers and every other annoying thing that comes with the joy of owning a PC.

3. Someone in the thread mentioned that the PC version was ruined by the Haxxors, if you play the 360 version the only thing that you would probably come up against is a lagswitch but that is very rare to come across.

4. Nothing beats sitting on the couch with a big 40-50 inch HDTV+5.1 duking it out with your buddies over LIVE.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Let me put a few points why more and more PC gamers are going the way of the 360.

1. What you buy is what you buy no spending £400 to upgrade every 6 months for the 3 games worth getting for the PC every year, lets face it half the PC games aren't worth the dvd they are printed on.

If you're upgrading every 6 months you're buying some pretty crap stuff. 600-700 quids worth of equipment should last mucccccch longer. The days of constantly having to upgrade are long gone. I tend to buy new stuff every 4 years ish.

Aada

Part of the furniture
If you're upgrading every 6 months you're buying some pretty crap stuff. 600-700 quids worth of equipment should last mucccccch longer. The days of constantly having to upgrade are long gone. I tend to buy new stuff every 4 years ish.

Even cards from 1 year ago struggle to run Crysis with everything maxed mate you can't deny that.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think even a reasonably priced set up today would struggle with Crysis on max - you'd need some sort of stupid SLI set up to get that going. That doesn't invalidate my point, there's no good reason to upgrade so frequently. My 2 year old set up still performs very well on all the latest stuff.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I think even a reasonably priced set up today would struggle with Crysis on max - you'd need some sort of stupid SLI set up to get that going. That doesn't invalidate my point, there's no good reason to upgrade so frequently. My 2 year old set up still performs very well on all the latest stuff.

Yeah i understand what your saying but the price of a PC compared to the actual decent games that come out for it every year it just isn't worth it anymore in my opinion.

I spent a pretty penny last year on a gaming PC i can safely say since WAR/AOC turned out to be a bag of bollox i've not touched it simply because the 360 versions aren't that much worse off eye candy wise and i don't have to deal with the haxxors on most of the online games.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, there are always exceptions but Arma 2 runs actually rather well for me on high, very high. That said, it is playable on fully maxed out settings, it's just nicer on high and the difference in visuals are negligible. Either way, it strikes me as pretty silly to upgrade to play these games at max, why would you bother when you can play them on slightly lower settings perfectly fine.

Lets not forget the 360 doesn't even have the option to play these games at all.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Even cards from 1 year ago struggle to run Crysis with everything maxed mate you can't deny that.

Yep, but Crysis looks soooooooooooo much better than anything the consoles have to offer.

And it runs great on my £450 rig, 1680x1050, max detail. Oh, and it looks great when we play it on my mates 60" telly :D

Plus, console games are usually a bit flat IMHO. CoD 4 is being removed from my HDD as we speak - too damn "consoley"...

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Yes Consoles have great appeal to lots, easy to use and its really a 1 off purchase until the next generation console comes along (roughly every 2-3 years?). That said until the MMOs Dev's can start rolling out to Consoles (like so many have promised) PC is still an 18-24 month good buy, my old machine could run Crysis on almost full settings for a 3-4 year old machine... I upgraded in the new year and cannot see why I would upgrade again for another 2 years... unless to just update the GPU or similar.

The problem with the PC is, its not as easy to use as just put a game in and play... and some people are too lazy to spend some time tweaking settings to get the game working on PC.

For me, I own PS3/Wii/360 and I only ever get Racers and Street Fighter type games, FPS and RTS will remain firmly on my PC :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
And it runs great on my £450 rig, 1680x1050, max detail. Oh, and it looks great when we play it on my mates 60" telly :D

When your mate uses his telly does his girlfriend say.. "is it, is it on yet?"

Crysis looks pretty damn good on my 106" projection screen. That's right ladeez - high def too.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
At the end of the day, whats £1000 or so every 2 years for your hobby?

Consoles are old hat, get over it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Still strikes me as quite a bit and I certainly don't intend on spending anywhere near that much anywhere near as frequently, and thus far I've not been disappointed with the performance of any game.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When your mate uses his telly does his girlfriend say.. "is it, is it on yet?"

Crysis looks pretty damn good on my 106" projection screen. That's right ladeez - high def too.

Nice :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
mouse and keyboard own game pad for fps games why i will get it for pc that and i dont have to buy dlc for extra maps

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There hasn't really been a game that's taken hold of me for a long time now.

Bioshock was pretty good but could have had a better ending. TF2 has been ace, but tbh too many shit modded servers have spoiled it, and I can't be arsed keeping up with all the unlockables.

I want another game like Homeworld.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bioshock was pretty good but could have had a better ending. TF2 has been ace, but tbh too many shit modded servers have spoiled it, and I can't be arsed keeping up with all the unlockables.

Fortunately that's gotten much better since unlockables are often given to you for free more or less every match you play now.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The arguements for consoles sound weak.

If you want it to look good, and be more playable (mouse keyboard) you use a PC.

Like Nath says, you dont have to upgrade every 5 minutes. Today I bought a new video card, the old one has been in my PC for 3 years I think, and it would still play the new cod when it comes out, I just wanted a better one :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair to consoles, footie, racing and fighting games are great on them. Shooters, RPG's etc. etc. win on PC hands down.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Don't forget you can plug a console controller into a PC and play away :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I just really struggle to find a pc game worth buying these days I thought Crysis was just eye candy and the RTS is very bland ATM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom