Moderator changes?? (follow up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=201107

following on from a pole which shows 63% of the community does not feel the current FH moderators are doing a good job, AND jupitus' statement that he does listen to the community. What comes next???

Would u like to see a vote over which moderator of the current crop we feel is the most damaging to these forums and this moderator gets removed?? Does 63% of the community unhappy warrent the removal of the worst moderator in the communities eyes??? ("We do listen to feedback and act on it if it is deemed appropriate to do so... ")

at what point will the FH administration conceed theres a problem (10% unhappy would be worrying, 63% would be erm dudes we have a problem here)

Are the wishes of the community irrelevent or wrong. Or jupitus does not really care too much what the community thinks?? ("Anyone else voting 'no' just fuck off then","I'm sorely tempted to just gather up their names at the end of the poll and delete their ids, to be honest. This bitching at the mods and baiting will stop, whether it's through choice or through my ban stick. Vote away guys - have fun while you can.")

I am expecially motivated on this subject after just recieving a ban for asking a moderator a question, yes a question (not one swear word or anything even close to controversial, just a question). I am also getting told by moderators they do not wish to discuss things in posts as its bad PR and I must PM them. I have sent 4 PM's now to different mods which have all gone unanswered.

Disclaimer: there is nothing offensive in this post, there is no baiting, no calling names mods. I am expressing an opinion calmly and raising questions based on a pole from the community. To the mods: please let the community express its opinions without intervention.

peace out.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
That's BS censi. The poll you were refering to is not representative of the general opinion, I am sure you can appreciate that such a poll is far more likely to attract disgrunted forum users, while the majority of people who are happy and don't use FH regularly won't bother responding. As such the percentages mean nothing.

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
I am expecially motivated on this subject after just recieving a ban for asking a moderator a question, yes a question (not one swear word or anything even close to controversial, just a question). I am also getting told by moderators they do not wish to discuss things in posts as its bad PR and I must PM them. I have sent 4 PM's now to different mods which have all gone unanswered.

harsh, seems power has gone to someones head, but i dont care about mods, i don't use FH often enough to care

censi

Can't get enough of FH
The poll you were refering to is not representative of the general opinion

View Poll Results: Are the current mods up to their task?
Yes 135 37.09%
No 229 62.91%
Voters: 364.

364 people voted. 229 said the current mods are not up to the task. 135 said they were.

What part of this pole is not representative?

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
What part of this pole is not representative?
The user-base who voted. Even if you can't (or don't want to) see this, I'm sure the forum owners can.

Coca~Cola

Banned
they need to show they have power : "look at me i'm an admin, you must respect me"

bet they have banned everyone already that owns them ingame.

Aussie

censi

Can't get enough of FH
how many other poles in the daoc forum hostory have have 364 votes and 490 threads in the post??

would say it was a pretty hot topic.

Gamah

Banned
I think someone is upset because he got a ban, please take your tears (not the mod) elsewhere.

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
The user-base who voted. Even if you can't (or don't want to) see this, I'm sure the forum owners can.

Not entirely sure where I'm siding in this discussion, we'll see what it turns out to be, but even using Jupitus' own figures and guesstimates, quoted below, the number that voted no is still heavily representative of the ones posting in the DAoC-forums; without narrowing it down to just the RvR Discussion-forum, since that was impossible anyway, it's still between 16-22%. Says quite a bit, whether you want it to or not. Notice that this is using Jupitus' guesswork and activitystatistics from the last thread.

Then it can obviously be argued whether the poll was accurately formulated and so on and so forth, but it was rather straightforward and obvious what the question was, and people who felt like it voted accordingly.

Jupitus said:
Checking recent activity logs, we have on average between 1500 and 2000 active users per day, and I would conservatively estimate that about 2/3 of that number are DAOC users primarily. 150 or so have voted no, versus a probable active number of users in excess of 500. That's a long way short of a majority. I would also contest that a large number of users are much less regular visitirs to the boards, checking occasionally on raids and such. Indeed, I know we have a number of users leaving due to not liking all the flaming and whining.

edit: just so tired of people suggesting that the numbers said nothing because it wasn't representative of the whole community, and TBH, anyone with a bit of sense and knowledge of managing would consider a statement which 16-22% of a population agrees with to be considered an issue to be dealt with. I'm not really in the mood for arguing right now.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
well, something has changed, tbh... seen several FAO threads which didnt got closed

more testing is needed with a add whine, tho :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
this subject is getting kind of old, if you dont like it dont post, nobody is forcing you to.

yes i am aware blowing off steam on here helps people but the owners have said they dont want it here, people should respect that, if they want to whine they will just have to find another place to do it.

though i do think the daoc mods should be more representative of the three realms, most mods are after all albs.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
:confused: Stop posting crap and ull stop to get bans isnt this simple?

who likes to get spamed all the time:confused: (no noob reply to that ^^ )

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
I find it hard to believe that any mod would ban a user for asking a question. I assume there's more behind it than that.

I have never been close to an argument with a mod, and I'm sure this goes for the majority of the FH users. If everybody followed the FH rules and used some common sense, we would hardly need any mods at all.

It's always the same bunch of people getting banned, arguing, sending PMs etc, and it's pretty obvious that those people voted in your poll. Most users, like myself, can't be arsed.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

You were banned for recieving not 1, not 2 but 7 (yes, seven) seperate warnings for trolling/flaming/baiting over a period of months. You are extremely fortunate not to be permanently banned. Most people get 2 warnings maximum. Somehow, you've got away with 7. Topics include accusing other people of Class A drug abuse, several personal attacks, and generally acting like a 13 year old child.

You're unlikely to recieve replies from mods considering your consistently childish thread replies (for which you have been banned).

I'm closing this thread. The topic has been discussed to death. Firstly, it's nothing to do with RVR discussions, and secondly, if the powers that be wish to change the mod status they will. Whining and whining on and on will do nothing but make you look bitter.

censi said:
Does 63% of the community unhappy warrent the removal of the worst moderator in the communities eyes???

Dunno, the thread that voted is 63% of the community that voted. As people in any "poll" are more likely to vote if they are against the powers that be, the poll is pretty null and void; plus judging by the reactions of your fellow FH-goers in this thread, they really just want you to stop whining on and on.

As an Albion player, I still read the Mid and Hib forums; every single post. This bores the hell out of me but I do it. Why? Because I'm a mod. Why do I edit hundreds of posts of adult content? Because I'm a mod. Why do I delete flame/whine posts in threads created by people I'm unfond of? Because I'm a mod.

But yet, we get no credit for this. We simply get whined at by the people we're protecting. I never asked for credit and I never expect it, but I and other moderators do expect a small amount of respect for spending hours and hours of our lives deleting the insults and abuse posted on these forums.

This topic is done and dusted. Jupitus/Deebs etc have read these posts. If they aren't happy with the current mods they will change them; simple as that. If you saw the bigger picture, you'd probably realise why your posts are unjust and uncalled for.

By closed, this means closed. I do not suggest opening another thread on the topic.

"Peace out".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom