mod edits

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hiya, when a mod edits your post are you meant to be able to click on the "last edited by x" and compare the versions? I could do this for a post Trem edited for me, but the ability seems to have gone away.

Edit : testing

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Is this in the yoda thread luv?

I don't have a bloody clue but I edited the quote in your post, that is all I did, did not touch your reply/reaction as I found it totally fair. Just got rid of the quote so no one else could see it from the original post.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I dunno. I can see the "view post" link on deleted posts, and can compare edited versions (now that you mention it I must add). I am not aware if normal users can see that or do it.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I dunno. I can see the "view post" link on deleted posts, and can compare edited versions (now that you mention it I must add). I am not aware if normal users can see that or do it.

CH3t's not just a normal user though teedles. He's special :)

Will

/bin/su
I just edited Ch3t's post, and I can certainly view history on the edit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
See I could do it for about 5-10 minutes after Trem's edit. Can't tell with yours as I only just got in.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Its to do with the edit timer - you can only see the previous versions while you are within the 10 minute allowed edit time, after that it locks the post down, atleast as far as I can tell.

The reasoning for this is - I think - because you can actually undo the edits within the edit timer and revert to the previous version of the post, obviously after that point you cant, unless perhaps you're a mod, or have a tremendous amount of cheese on your head, like Trem does.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
But it let me view Trems edit of my post, and gave me the option to compare versions and revert. Surely reverting a mods edit isn't allowed?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
But it let me view Trems edit of my post, and gave me the option to compare versions and revert. Surely reverting a mods edit isn't allowed?

I think you can revert a mod's edit within the 10 minute editing period - its probably a bug but I'm pretty sure it would be possible - the reason it wont have been fixed is because the mod just has to wait for 10 minutes or whatever the editing period is and then redo the changes - 99% of a mod's work will happen outside of the editing time I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom