Mod chips

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so Deebs has told me to go for the Xceutor2 chip but what I want to know is exactly WHAT I should be buying and where from?

Can YOU help?

Thanks in advance

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure.. do you really need a mod chip at all?

The only reason you might would be for a) turning it off and using Xbox Live or b) paranoia. If neither of these apply you can simply solder two points on the xbox motherboard (very simple) then flash the bios. You'll need either Mech Assualt, Splinter Cell (I think) or 007 Nightfire in order to use one of the save game exploits to get you in to linux so you can flash it from there. And by the by, this is all completely legal, so no need to delete my post and/or ban me :D

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Id personally get the chip.

Get an xecutor 2.3 from www.baldbouncer.co.uk (i get mine from there).

I say get a chip because it makes the xbox fully hackable tho im not too sure how much you can do with the TSOP flash that nath just mentioned. At least with the chip you cant go wrong. And for the price of the game you need to mod it with it becomes a nobrainer really.

One of my chips is meant to be soldered in but its just being held by insulation tape atm just to explain how easy it is. :)

I cant reconmend the hack save linux approach as i havent tried it (yet) but if you do, as nath said get mechassault or 007 Agent under fire (classics range version is fine), not too sure about splinter cell but afaik, thats not a game that does it but the first two definately work.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Of course he could rent the games, you only need them once. If splinter cell isn't one yet, it will be soon I think they're working on it. And as for hackability with the TSOP.. it's identical to having an xecuter 2 chip since you'll flash it with the xecuter 2 bios, the only difference being you can't turn it off.

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
I had decided on the mod chip route so, thanks for the info nath but I'll stick to the modchip solution :)

Thanks for the info Doomy, I'll have a look at the site later...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, then yes baldbouncer is good.. that's where I got my xecuter 2 and before you say anything, this was before it was known you could flash the tsop.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Got a good link for details on the 2 point solder? I don't intend to do it to my current box, but if I ever come by a second I may well.

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
What's the difference aside from soldering of the following:

xecuter 2.3b lite
xecuter 2.3b pro
xecuter 2.3b lite plus

I also need somewhere that take a card for ordering (baldie doesn't)

A good solid place that also sells the video cable would be good!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno about the lite plus, but you don't want the pro it's for developers.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Dubbs said:
What's the difference aside from soldering of the following:

xecuter 2.3b lite
xecuter 2.3b pro
xecuter 2.3b lite plus

I also need somewhere that take a card for ordering (baldie doesn't)

A good solid place that also sells the video cable would be good!

2.3 lite is standard jobbie.

2.3 Pro is what Nath says but its useful in the way that it can also flash your bios without the need for disc.

2.3 Lite Plus is basically the normal lite one in a non solder flavour. Im pretty sure anyway, just get the Lite, will do everything you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom