mobs con vs XP amount

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
:confused: :eek7: :confused:
was wondering if some1 would b able 2 bring some light on someup 4 me.

i've been playing me necro l8ly and i've noticed that sometimes i get less xp red mob than orange 1 8((, killed 1 after the other 1 so camp bonus would not make much difference. I'm solo at the time.

I think i read somewhere b4 that the XP cap when solo was orange+10%, not sure if it is low or high orange, but i guessed then that taking reds wold make sure u hit the cap.
Coz of that sometimes i take on red to check how far from cap i am when killing orange.

Btw this is in dales of dewys, killing ebony/defiled skellys by the house other side of river from fort gwymt.

ne1 can explain this?
:wij:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
must suck being a necro uber leveler. ;) and sorry no idea to your question :)

Erivoss

Loyal Freddie
I have a necro too on one of the servers and I've noticed the same thing. Often Red con mobs give less XP than org ones, but on the other hand often red mobs resist less than org ones....

Go figure :confused:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I have a necro too on Excal. I'm just being a git :)

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
ingy:

i also noticed the same thing with me wizz (wasn't certain coz doesn't kill as fast) but with a necro u know exactly wat lvl the mod is when u powertap. so u can work out wat the best lvl mob 2 beat down :cheers:

i'm only asking the :confused: for when leveling with wizz, coz of down time u wanna max xp/kill, so if i can explain y red give me less xp, then ill make sure 2 take on orange instead (do low orange give me more than high orange? who knows)
:wub:

Erivoss

Loyal Freddie
ibes_aka_nyd said:
ingy:
(do low orange give me more than high orange? who knows)

depends if you're pl'ing someone or not. If you're solo then a low org will give the same xp as a high one (ie cap) though the camp bonus might be slightly different (been a long time since I played necro). If you're pl'ing someone then you'd be better off pulling high oranges though apparantly until the other person gets to around 35-40 (assuming necro is 50) then you can kill high yellows and they'll still get cap.

Best bet is to check the VN Necro forums here: http://vnboards.ign.com/Necromancer_Forum/b22324/

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure.

Don't orange give you cap xp, so why you would get less xp frm a red, i don't have a clue :D

Brannor McThife

Fledgling Freddie
Deacan said:
Not sure.

Don't orange give you cap xp, so why you would get less xp frm a red, i don't have a clue :D
Exactly my thoughts. I remember ALWAYS capping when killing reds, unless someone leeched or I was PLing someone. I think that I didn't always hit my cap on oranges though. Not sure on that though.

However, I did find, that chain-killing oranges was always the best, as you got fewer resists, and hit your cap most of the time.

-G

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
I do recall if you continue killing the same mob and the camp has already gone, you will start to get less and less XP. Kind of like a camp penalty. Whether it works that way or not I don't know.

BUT I have also killed a red and got less XP than an Org. In this case the Org had a camp bonus (not large tho) and the red one did not (so maybe a negative camp bonus?).

Again I don't know, so all guesswork :(

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Trust me as the exp whore I am :p

Solo, never do reds, only do oranges or high yellow ones...

Solo you get less exp for reds than oranges....

So just go bananas and get those oranges :drink:

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with krak here :) XP over time >>>> big xp...and ive tried necro, tho only for a few lvls the best thing is always ojs, ojs and more ojs...and ylws if theyre around ;)

/Dracus

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
No ideas as to why, but for as long as I remember I've got less xp for reds than oranges (when I could kill them that is...kind of annoying when you work real hard to take down a red and don't get anything for it :()

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Don't quote me on this, but I've often found that as the mob con increases (oj->red->purp), you will be more likely to cap, but there is some kind of penalty on camp. (these observations from when pling with a chanter). So, whilst both an orange and a red will cap your xp solo, you get less camp and group bonus from the red (unless you're watching all three, you can miss it!)

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Problem is, to get group bonus you need to have BAF mobs, and solo that's quite hard to get...
If you're 2 in a group, then you get the occasional BAF...

So to be sure to get the group bonus, be at least 3 in a group...
And if you're 3 in a group, then the orange con mobs won't cap the exp, but more likely the high reds low purple ones...

But still, for a solo player, you'll actually get less exp for killing a red/purple than a orange con mob of the same type at the exact same exp spot...

You also have to remember that an OJ mob at 1 particular exp spot might also give you more exp than some other OJ mob at a different place...

+ also: Being a (pure) pet class, your pet actually steals some of the exp from the mobs you kill... So killing only oranges and not higher might not always be the optimal for max exp per pull...

But exp over time is what you want, trust me on that :cheers:

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
I've been told when i played my theurg, no point doing red cons because orange is the max exp unless grouped with another participant, red con is usually the same but harder if you get me...in other words dont worrie just do oranges, preferably try doing 2 at a time instead of 1 red :cheers:

bigmammas

Fledgling Freddie
orange/high orange solo if y can... reds/low purps in small groups and for the love of god change exp spots if camp bonus is 0 :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom