Teh Fonz!!1

Motherboard details :

Asus Motherboard
A7V333
Socket A Motherboard
VIA KT333 Chipset
DDR SDRAM

Problem :

I've just installed this new mobo and power it on, all the LED's light up but I don't get any display on my monitor. I don't even get any beeps or anything, it's like my compter is running fine but my monitor lead is unplugged (Which it isn't).

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

D

danger

Hate to ask the obvious but have you checked:

A) Your monitor works
B) Your GFX card works
C) Double checked that everything such as GFX card is seated properly, ram chip properly inserted, give 'em a wiggle!
D) Dumped the CMOS and see if that helps...

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Yeah, tried all that.

A little research (Which, lets face it, I should've done before purchase) shows that the board is well known to be faulty and the chances of picking up a bad one are high.

I'm gonna return it tomorrow and pick up a better one.

S

smurkin

I had exactly the same problem when I upgraded recently....its a bitch coz what can you do with no monitor.....listen to beeps .. thats about it ! <edit> except for me windows HDs and floppy didn't whirr....if thats happening for you, best ignore the below

In my case it was the RAM. I isolated this problem by removing all drives and PCI cards...everything but the AGP viddy card and monitor. Reset/drain the Bios with the power disconnected.

Now remove the memory....if its the memory the screen will light up with text and you'll get some beeps. Try the memory in different slots/combinations hopefully eliminating the problem. Then rebuild your system systematically.

If you buy new memory and th problem reoccurs....perhaps the power supply ?!?

Good luck. /SG

L

LTF

Had this before, the only way i found around it was to turn the machine off at the psu, leave it for ten seconds, switch it back on at the psu then and the power switch straight away, which lets face it, isnt exactly ideal...

...i was too lazy to return it and still go through all that to this day :(

S

Sawtooth

I had prob like this cos my graphics card couldnt seat in the AGP slot properly.

Users who are viewing this thread