Mobile Unlocking

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hi, again....

So i got a phone off a friend. It's orange only. Orange is a crock of shite compared to O2 so i'm trying to get it unlocked. Before i pay any money i was curious if any of you guys have had it done or got it done off a site for free?

It's a long shot i know but i'm just curious...

It's a Sony Ericsson W850i if anybody has any clues ;) Cheers.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Isn't the whole point of having a locked phone to stop people like you from unlocking it ?

:)

No idea m8. Have you googled it ?

P.S. Checkout Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search - groovy search engine - you can preview sites before you click on the URLs

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Who is your "friend" Mr. Chav? Mr. Random with a nice phone on the street? :D

Laddey

FH is my second home
Isn't the whole point of having a locked phone to stop people like you from unlocking it ?

I only want to be able to put any sim card in it :)

1) i havn't got an orange sim card
2) I don't want to change my number :D just want it unlocking to all networks!

I've been hitting google all day. No luck

Who is your "friend" Mr. Chav? Mr. Random with a nice phone on the street? :D

Lol ! I swapped him for my W880i. I got a W850i ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I managed to unlock an old Sagem phone but that's about as far as it goes for me :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hi, again....

So i got a phone off a friend. It's orange only. Orange is a crock of shite compared to O2 so i'm trying to get it unlocked. Before i pay any money i was curious if any of you guys have had it done or got it done off a site for free?

It's a long shot i know but i'm just curious...

It's a Sony Ericsson W850i if anybody has any clues ;) Cheers.

it used to be possible to unlock for free. but the phone companies improved that so now you *have* to send it to someone that is licensed to unlock the phones. its done by hardware now, not by code only.

Laddey

FH is my second home
it used to be possible to unlock for free. but the phone companies improved that so now you *have* to send it to someone that is licensed to unlock the phones. its done by hardware now, not by code only.

Don't tell me this ! I thought everything was free with the internet?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie

AFAIK, the hardware just does the codes but has a designated way of working it out.

Regardless, it's a lot of work - best take it down the market and let the immigrants on one of the stalls do it for you ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
best take it down the market and let the immigrants on one of the stalls do it for you ;)

LOL. Thats actually a good idea. Old Johnny Foreigner down the Lane will sort it for ya. Just bung him a tenna and its as good as fixed.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
By the way, might have read it wrong there, but unlocking a phone has nothing to do with simcards/providers.

It's in the phone itself, not the orange/os2/whatnot.

Any phone should work with any system.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
SOmetimes you need to use a crazy tool and press the buttons in a certain order. Just pay 10 quid and get someone who knows what they're doing to do it...pikey bastard

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Think he means Orange are not a good provider with regards to contratcs/tariffs...but i disagree

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Send your phone to Soze, I guess he knows what he's doing =))

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
You actually thought extra services are free?! :eek6:

I am on pay as you go, and in my honest opinion, if someone has paid to get to my answer phone. Then the call has already been paid for and thus should be free to use my answer phone. Else it's extortion and should be put to the trading standards commission.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I am on pay as you go, and in my honest opinion, if someone has paid to get to my answer phone. Then the call has already been paid for and thus should be free to use my answer phone. Else it's extortion and should be put to the trading standards commission.

No, it's not the other people who pay for your service. They pay to call somewhere, anywhere. The answer phone isn't for the convenience of other people, it's for your convenience, ergo, yours to pay for.

If you don't like the extra cash of it, don't use it :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
No, it's not the other people who pay for your service. They pay to call somewhere, anywhere. The answer phone isn't for the convenience of other people, it's for your convenience, ergo, yours to pay for.

If you don't like the extra cash of it, don't use it :D

No, you are wrong. If I have a normal answerphone I don't pay to use it, it's been paid for, the call has been paid for thus it is free to use. I have paid for the features of my phone, which includes an answer phone. However, Orange in their wisdom decide that you must pay for the use of the answer phone. The caller has paid to make the call to me. Thus Orange get their money 'twice'. This is known as double charging and has been looked at by the watchdog for telecommunications 'Ofcom' who in their recent wisdom have said this is 'illegal'. The mobile phone companies will not be able to do this in the new year under ofcom's recommendations. Therefore the phone companies will either a) not issue any new answerphone facilities on any new phones or b) find a way of charging the customer for the loss of revenue without upsetting ofcom.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Send your phone to Soze, I guess he knows what he's doing =))

I'm a Sony whore who can't leave things alone. Debranding the phone is normally done before i use it ;)

T Mobile are the worst for Answering Machine they set the time before going to answer phone really short and do not let you change it easy. Then charge you to listen to it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, you are wrong. If I have a normal answerphone I don't pay to use it, it's been paid for, the call has been paid for thus it is free to use. I have paid for the features of my phone, which includes an answer phone. However, Orange in their wisdom decide that you must pay for the use of the answer phone. The caller has paid to make the call to me. Thus Orange get their money 'twice'. This is known as double charging and has been looked at by the watchdog for telecommunications 'Ofcom' who in their recent wisdom have said this is 'illegal'. The mobile phone companies will not be able to do this in the new year under ofcom's recommendations. Therefore the phone companies will either a) not issue any new answerphone facilities on any new phones or b) find a way of charging the customer for the loss of revenue without upsetting ofcom.

Ok, that's a different matter then.

If your phone(which has nothing to do with the service provider) has an answering phone built into it, then it's not chargable.

But if orange stores the phonecalls(to the answering phone, since they need to be stored somwhere), then they can charge for THAT service.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok, that's a different matter then.

If your phone(which has nothing to do with the service provider) has an answering phone built into it, then it's not chargable.

But if orange stores the phonecalls(to the answering phone, since they need to be stored somwhere), then they can charge for THAT service.

Yes, but the irregularity of it is that in some instances they will charge for it and in some instances they won't regardless of whether or not the phone is tied to a contract. This makes it highly inconsistent and basically unfair to a customer which is why ofcom looked into this in the first place. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes, but the irregularity of it is that in some instances they will charge for it and in some instances they won't regardless of whether or not the phone is tied to a contract. This makes it highly inconsistent and basically unfair to a customer which is why ofcom looked into this in the first place. :)

Yes yes, like i said, different matter.

Which phone, by the way, has an answering machine built into it? Never heard of such, since the phone surely can't store the data that well.

Well, don't know these days ofcourse, maybe it can.

But i've only heard of service providers providing this service, due to the need for servers to store the answering phone data.

In other words, i'm rather doubtful of this "it's built in the phone" thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom