Mobile Phone question

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'm with Orange and can upgrade fairly soon. I'd like an iPhone but the only people who do that are O2.

Are there any phones with Orange which are any good?

I dont care about the camera too much. I dont wanna listen to music on it.

I do want a phone which sends text messages without all the retarded problems my U600 has. I dont want the phone restarting if left on for more than 1 day or constantly struggles to send texts regardless of how good the signal is.

The thing with the iPhone is it's full of cool things, however the contracts with O2 are crap for me.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What sort of contract suits you? That's going to limit or dictate certains phones which may get pricey on cheaper contracts. Are you a talker or a texter? Or both? How much are you looking to spend a month?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
atm i spend £35 and get unlimited texts (they said it works out 100 per day) and around 500-600 minutes.

I don't need that many minutes, 300 would be fine.
I usually send around 500-600 texts so that's what annoys me about the iPhones deal, its 500 texts.

I refuse to spend more that £35 per month

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sony Experia X1 is a good phone to get...not sure its on Orange though :/

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
I'm with Orange and can upgrade fairly soon. I'd like an iPhone but the only people who do that are O2.
I think this has been mentioned before in other threads by people (Bodhi/Gray/other people who have worked for service providers) is not to go upgrade, but get put through to cancellations. 9/10 they will give you a far better tariff with high end handsets just to keep you on.

I would say if your a heavy texter, maybe a business type phone like a Blackberry Bold or a Nokia E71 with a full querty keypad might be easier to text on, stick your head into one of your nearby Orange shops and ask for a demonstration of a Blackberry and see if you are comfortable using the keypad to type on.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Are there any phones with Orange which are any good?

I dont care about the camera too much. I dont wanna listen to music on it.

I do want a phone which sends text messages without all the retarded problems my U600 has. I dont want the phone restarting if left on for more than 1 day or constantly struggles to send texts regardless of how good the signal is.

The thing with the iPhone is it's full of cool things, however the contracts with O2 are crap for me.

3 do some very very good contracts at the moment and the phones they have are good too.

Their 3g service is great also i get great internet speeds so very handy for browsing web while i'm out of the house at work etc.

At the moment i pay £25 a month for unlimited texts/500mins best thing about it is it is only a 12 month contract and got a nice mobile with it too.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
id recomend the iphone. my first mobile replaced my axim pda with and have not looked back. tho i use it more for keeping track of work related shit than as phone.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
If you want to stick with Orange then you could consider the HTC Touch HD. It may not be as polished as the iPhone but it ticks all the right boxes for connectivity (3G, bluetooth, wifi etc).
HTC Touch HD pay monthly mobile phone - the Orange shop
It's out of stock atm though.

I agree with what others have already said about threatening to cancel and get put through to retentions. They have far more leeway to give you a better deal than the usual CS number. I'm threatening to leave O2 and even gone as far as getting a PAC generated. I have however managed to get a quote registered on my account for a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 for £48, £24.50/month for 18months, 600min/500txt/unl.web. I just have to wait for them to come back in stock. Not bad though when the deal is supposed to be £98 for the handset, £35/month for 600min/500txt/unl.web.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeh its not the typing which is a problem, its the fact my retarded samsung u600 randomly reboots whilst writing/sending messages. also it takes ages to send them regardless of signal strength. handset was replaced due to a common u600 fault where predictive text reboots the phone lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Christ you lot need the Scandic system there.

No sims connected to phones, you get a contract for your sim and get whatever phone you want ;)

Or use it in any phone you want.

Or shove it up your...well...you get the point.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Christ you lot need the Scandic system there.

No sims connected to phones, you get a contract for your sim and get whatever phone you want ;)

Or use it in any phone you want.

Or shove it up your...well...you get the point.

You can do that, if you want to pay an arm and a leg for a handset. Except for the iPhone, which, as I understand it, can only be bought SIM-free in France.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I like HTC and got a good deal with Orange with an HTC a few years ago before I left the UK

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I quite like the look of the Samsung Pixon ( Samsung M8800 Pixon pay monthly mobile phone - the Orange shop )
It's got pretty good reviews, and looks well featured. Not really heard anything about long term stability though.

Someone has an iPhone at work, his GF has the Samsung. He compared the menu's, navigation and texting. iPhone kicked its ass. Also Samsung have terrible OS going on my last 2 Samsungs (yes glutten for punishment).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Or leave Orange and go with a decent network (o2 or Voda). My mate has the new HTC touch on Orange, great phone but shit network. No point having a phone to browse the net on if you cannot get reception.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
yeah good point. Sucks cause my contract expires around may, however i can upgrade around feb so it'd mean keeping the phone for a few more months. Cant buy my way out of it either :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Get an X1. It's an iPhone you can actually do stuff with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom