Mobile Audio Recording

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Lo guys,

I've recently been looking at getting a mobile audio recording device but am quite stuck regarding what to get! Basically, I am looking to record audio as part of a project I am working on but at present am restricted by budget...this problem will lessen a few months down the line but for now, I want to be able to record audio whilst on the move.

I'm looking for a device which has a large range, able to record a multitude of 'types' of sound...this will not be for speech nor music as that can be done at home... outdoor sounds is what I'm after. This is part of a 3-5 year project so want to be able to do some of the more time consuming aspects of it as and when they arise. I want to be able to record a large audio bank over this time.

Anyone had any experience with this kind of project? Any help would be highly appreciated. :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Scrappy post, forgot to say, this needs to be at the quality level of an independent game...I can't compete with any large game maker with overall quality but it needs to be close enough to not make anyone's ears bleed when multiple sound effects are playing simultaneously. :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Look at Zoom's range of audio recorders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom