Mob resists

S

sundra

seems to me that mob resists have got worse since the last patch im finding its rare now to have a mob that doesnt resist.Orange cons seem to resist alot.Ive tried this on all 3 realms and it seems to be the same.I hear that in the next patch the reisists are even worse because of some bug in pve.When i spoke to GOA their reply was i was unlucky !!?? hmmm great answer.Im interested in anyone elses views.

G

Garaen

If you think its bad now, wait until next patch ... it gets worse :eek:

G

granny

I've noticed no difference in mob resist rates. I'm sure if there was a real difference it would have been spotted nearer the time of the last patch and it would have been spotted by lots of people.

C

Cyradix

I think alot of temples will be burned after the next patch.....

Confused? Imagine this :

You run up to an ugly foul smelling mob

You shout : Mighty <insert name of your god here> lend me your power. (In my case Thor)

You start to nuke the mob and miss 8 times.

Mob rolls over laughing at you....

Who would still worship their gods after this?? Those 2 big temples we've got in jordheim..... we'll I'm putting my house there when the angry mobs have destroyed them..... :D

S

Sarnat

I haven't seen anything change and all my chars have spells to use.

The next patch also only affects resist rates against high level mobs because it changes how attackers are counted against a monster.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

My paladin is considering leaving the church and then setting fire to it. Even fully buffed to the gills his miss-rate on oranges is awful. Just bad luck though. If they haven't fixed the next patch by the time it is released over here then we are gonna have lots of fun. ;)

P

parisienscot

I think after next patch resists will be same as normal when using standard tactics of all on same mob - as everyone in group will be counted as an attacker to that mob - provided they are doing something - afk pbters will not count ;)

However using pbaoe tactics is likely to be problematic as with only one tank on each mob plus the pbaoe guy that counts as two attackers per mob and if they're purple you'll get some nasty resists.

Also I think there might be some problems using aoe mezz on cc pulls as only the mezzer will count as a single attacker on each one before the mobs close in to melee range :-(

O

old.Trine Aquavit

What are the changes to the way resists work in the next patch? I checked the patch notes, but couldn't find any info.

P

parisienscot

It's not in the patch notes coz it was kind of an unfortunate accident :-o

Basically people noticed that when they were in RVR they would not block or parry as much as they did on mobs. It turns out that this was because if someone was in a group and attacked you then it would count as though their 7 group mates (even if they were miles away) were also attacking you - which means their chance to hit is increased and your block / parry rates go down.

So Mythic fixed this so that from now on only people actually attacking you or actively healing the person attacking you now count (with a ten second or so timer after they hit you).

This of course sounds great at first, however the catch is it also applies to PVE - ie. killing mobs. What a lot of people didn't realise is that when you grouped to kill purple mobs your chances to hit were increased just because you were grouped with other people - it didn't matter if they were hitting the same mob as you... now it does matter. (Or after patch day in any case)

L

living

Ya and u will also get to try rvr without mess cuz the US players are saying 6 out of 8 resists mess in rvr due to that bug.

And u wont see any TG hunts or dragon ;]

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Makes sense. I can see this causing lots of grizzly deaths. :/

W

Wibbler2

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
My paladin is considering leaving the church and then setting fire to it. Even fully buffed to the gills his miss-rate on oranges is awful. Just bad luck though. If they haven't fixed the next patch by the time it is released over here then we are gonna have lots of fun. ;)

Sissyfoo, check the quality and condition of your sword.

I miss a LOT more when my sword is more battered....

(I can solo purp mobs in AC when buffed)

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by living
Ya and u will also get to try rvr without mess cuz the US players are saying 6 out of 8 resists mess in rvr due to that bug.

That's the biggest bull ever. The change only applies to high enough mobs where you need lots of attackers to land spells/hits.

S

Sarnat

Wow... damn how did I manage to do that! Quadruple post... Deleted now tho.

P

parisienscot

Yeah it will obviously make the big epic dungeons harder, but I don't see why it would affect dragon raids that much - everyone tends to hit the same mob on them... the dragon - so all count as being attackers.

P

parisienscot

Oh and by the way - message to everyone who moans when pet classes use their pet in groups - now do you see why that pet should be attacking every single pull?

And of course in Albion if you get a big nasty purple mob and your group is having trouble hitting it - get a theurg to cast 9 pets on it - counts as an extra 9 attackers! Bonedancers might want to consider having out more melee pets than healer pets too. (In PVE I mean). Oh and in Hibernia get your Animist to spam mushrooms - they count too.

T

Tasans

Originally posted by parisienscot
Oh and by the way - message to everyone who moans when pet classes use their pet in groups - now do you see why that pet should be attacking every single pull?

And of course in Albion if you get a big nasty purple mob and your group is having trouble hitting it - get a theurg to cast 9 pets on it - counts as an extra 9 attackers! Bonedancers might want to consider having out more melee pets than healer pets too. (In PVE I mean). Oh and in Hibernia get your Animist to spam mushrooms - they count too.

No because bd pets are crap running over hitting mezzed adds etc.

H

hercules-df

gif arsonist class, id gladly burn down the church in albion

B

Balbor

So what people are basicly saying is that in the next patch 'chance to hit' will be fixed. Maybe PBAE groups will be affected but considering Albion has a lack of PBAEer (only 20% of alb casters, compared to 33% of Mids and 50% of Hibs) and PBAE camps this isn't a major problem.

As for aoe mezzes being resisted by a large number of people, maybe this won't be such a bad thing after all. TBH spells need to be changed so that its level of caster vs Level of target instead of level of spell vs Level of target.

S

Sarnat

Balbor, it used to be like that for a long time. But many many TLs and other people asked for it to be changed to what it is now and that's what we have now. I always thought it was a bad change but Mythic does listen to it's players.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Tasans
No because bd pets are crap running over hitting mezzed adds etc.

They don't hit mezzed ones do they? (Except for the mad aoe debuff nutcase darkness pet of course)

I think they run over and hit rooted mobs at moment - all pets do, but this is fixed on patch day.

L

living

Originally posted by Sarnat
That's the biggest bull ever. The change only applies to high enough mobs where you need lots of attackers to land spells/hits.

Well wait and see then u can take those words and put em where the sun dont shine ;]

The NP guys said so and they know cuz they tried it, normally when u cast mess in rvr u count as 8 people.. its gonna count as 1 so no way mess is gonna be the same.. Sure u can still mess if ur lucky or recast enough times,.

edit: true dragon raids aint as hard but will still not be as easy cuz of the pbt runes gotta nuke and all healers gotta be healing and stuff.. :]

L

living

Originally posted by parisienscot
They don't hit mezzed ones do they? (Except for the mad aoe debuff nutcase darkness pet of course)

I think they run over and hit rooted mobs at moment - all pets do, but this is fixed on patch day.

u sure it gets fixed in 1.62 thought they havent cared yet? ;]

S

Sarnat

Well wait and see then u can take those words and put em where the sun dont shine ;]

The NP guys said so and they know cuz they tried it, normally when u cast mess in rvr u count as 8 people.. its gonna count as 1 so no way mess is gonna be the same.. Sure u can still mess if ur lucky or recast enough times,.

Still, even if I solo with my RM I can land ~99% of my DDs on any RvR opponent. Granted my DD is L50 but any good mezz (L44) should land around 85-90% of the time. So 6 out of 8 resist is just plain exaggeration =P

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Balbor
So what people are basicly saying is that in the next patch 'chance to hit' will be fixed. Maybe PBAE groups will be affected but considering Albion has a lack of PBAEer (only 20% of alb casters, compared to 33% of Mids and 50% of Hibs) and PBAE camps this isn't a major problem.

So what doesnt affect albion isnt a problem? Im sure your fellow ice wizzies will be heartened to know that their xp will be halved. Mids and hibs wont be affected much because of the number of pbaoers in a group but albs...well not a major problem less pbaoe more easy kill :clap:

P

parisienscot

u sure it gets fixed in 1.62 thought they havent cared yet? ;]

Really strange, I was sure I saw it on testing in one of those A, B , C patch note on Pendragon, but now I double checked 1.61, 1.62 and 1.63 final patch notes and I can't seem to find it anywhere :-(

S

Solarius

Originally posted by Sarnat
Still, even if I solo with my RM I can land ~99% of my DDs on any RvR opponent. Granted my DD is L50 but any good mezz (L44) should land around 85-90% of the time. So 6 out of 8 resist is just plain exaggeration =P

I think you'll find that Living is (or was, if it has indeed been fixed!) correct. Right now, your mez lands so often because everyone in your group, whether actually involved in the combat by healing, fighting etc, or not, is counted for your 'to-hit' value. That was <cough> fixed by fixing the coding that was causing Bolts cast at someone nowhere near th actual melee to be 'blocked by melee', and the reduced parry/block rates in RvR. Now, for you to get the whole benefit of your groups 'to hit' bonus EVERYONE in the group has to be involved in the fight - healers healeing, tanks fighting and nukes nuking. So, mez (which is usually cast before those previous things happen) has no 'to-hit' bonus for being in the group, and hence will be resisted more often.

I think there was a news article by GOA saying that they had the fixed patch though, so might not be an issue.

P

parisienscot

I think you missed the point Solarius. ;-b

I think what he meants is it doesn't matter if your group mates are counted as attackers or not, using the formula for spell resists a level 44+ aoe mezz should still hit most of the time. So people claiming an 80% miss rate must have been exaggerating - unless they were of course clerics with low smite spec or something and weren't using level 40+ aoe mezzes.

Personally I don't agree with the chance to hit depending on spell level rather than caster level - but that's another story ;)

S

Solarius

Who's Solraius? :D

Yeah, I know that the basic resist/not resist test is targets level against spell level, but there is another factor into the equation too.
I also see that the original starter of the thread is talking about the now. What I was responding to, as is the same as what Living was talking about, is the teething problems they had when 1.62 first came live in the US.
If you are in a full group, you get a bonus to the chance to land a spell, whereas there is no bonus to resisting (iirc). As it stands, id doesn't matter what your groupmates are doing, you still get the bonus. Right after 1.62 came out on the US servers, where this was toned down so that a group member not actvly participating in combat does not confer this bonus, there were alot of complaints that spells were getting resisted against high level mobs (high lords et al). Later, there were similar complaints that spells were getting resisted more in RvR as well. This was looked at, and the cause was found to be the "in group to-hit bonus" that was fixed for the block/parry/bolt fix. (incidently, the bolt fix was only noticed as a side effect of the block/parry fix - an accident, if you like!)

As I said, I don't know if this is fixed, and I know that this isn't why Sundra is seeing higher resists now, but as Living said, if you're having problems now, wait until 1.62! That is, of course, assuming the VNBoard posters where this info came from were not just whining yanks! I guess it's all speculation right now, until the patch comes we'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread